OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

Enable customisable slideshow speed on onedrive.com

The only way to see photos full screen on onedrive.com is to use the slideshow. But this automatically scrolls through the photos way too quickly.

Please add a customisable speed, preferably with a manual option that only scrolls to the next photo with a key press.

(Being able to view a photo full screen without using slideshow would also help)

247 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Stuart Britt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

35 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • fred commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

you dont necessarily need this feature. however, a delay time of more than half a second would be nice. doesnt take a rocket scientist to realize this .

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

By the way: when I wrote to Omar, I told him that, to me, a Pause button was even more important than being able to set a speed setting. But I noted that probably every other slideshow application has either one or the other, and usually both.

I wrote to the current OneDrive product manager, Omar Shahine, pointing him to this thread. Here is what he wrote back:

Hi Gary-

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I sent this to the right set of folks in the team to update.

We generally try to maintain a reasonable contract with respect to how we run and manage user voice. I agree that an item like this warrants more frequent updates than once in 2 years.

Our approach is to use a few categories across all UV items to be transparent with the item such as “thinking about it” or “working on it” – these are meant to indicate if something is “on the backlog” or “in engineering” – in general when we flip to “working on it” you can expect that the item should be delivered in a quarter or two.

For this item, it probably was on the backlog for some time, but other priorities resulted in this not getting funded and we never went back and updates the status. Doesn’t mean we won’t do it, but it is a reflection that the place we track our work isn’t always in sync with User Voice.

With respect to management of the product, OneDrive has about 40 product managers that work on it. Over the past 8 or so years I have lead portions of the team along with Doug and others – in general the leadership has not changed much, but we’ve had different roles across the product in that time. Managing User Voice is a federated effort but we generally only have a few personalities that are public on UV to keep things simple.

The team looks at all the UV requests on a regular bases (at least all new ones) but due to volume really just focuses on those with over 500 votes.

-Omar

Thinking and thinking and thinking... OMG
    You want everybody to go somewhere out from your services?
    I myself asked couple of years ago just couple of small basic things:
    1. Full screen option with user change/ couple of speeds
    2. Black background (or user change)
    How hard can these simple things be for Microsoft?

How many years do you continue to think about it? Microsoft is not customer-friendly in this matter. Please DO something. Thank you.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with other posters. The slide show is virtually useless unless one can control the speed of it.

Jesus, 3 years and this slideshow is still rubbish, surely you can fix something as easy and fundamental to this feature as speed ?

• Rob NZ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Alternative responses Microsoft could have given:
    I have referred this for action.
    I have required an immediate update.
    It's essential. Head honcho One Drive has given it priority.
    We expect this to be fixed in two weeks.
    We will fix it immediately.
    We have fixed it.

And now its March 2018 and still thinking ??? For goodness sake this is a default option with most software. Time for action. thanks

• Jay commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree. Time to stop ''thinking about it'' Douglas Pearce you said that in Nov 2016 its now Jan 2018 and the onedrive slideshow is totally unusable as far to fast. Please sort it , can't be that hard surely?

Time to stop ''thinking about it'' Douglas Pearce you said that in Nov 2016 its now Jan 2018 and the onedrive slideshow is totally unusable as far to fast. Please sort it , can't be that hard surely?

Thanks
    Mal.

• Linda commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please add this option - how hard can it be? Slideshow is pointless without being able to customize the speed. Thanks

• Julie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is this fixed? Slideshow is not acceptable at such a fast speed when trying to cast and show pictures from Onedrive. We'll have to move storage services if you cannot display pictures easily to others.

PLEASE add customisable speed... !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At the moment it is useless!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base