OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

Automatically upload Outlook.com attachments to OneDrive

if I send an email to onedrive@outlook.com or any email ID finalized by Microsoft from my registered onedrive email iD, then attached file in my email automatically gets uploaded to my oneDrive cloud.

Example: Let's say my email ID is xyz@hotmail.com and I am using OnDrive using the same email ID ( i.e xyz@hotmail.com ). Now I send an email from xyz@outlook.com with an attached file to onedrive@outlook.com then this attached file automatically gets uploaded to my OneDrive storage.

107 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Murtaza Sanwala shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Douglas Ljung commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

You can choose an extension in Flows that does this automatically. Auto saves attachments to an "Email Attachments" folder in OneDrive. Beware though, as it will also save malicious attachments to your hard drive (in the Email Attachments folder it created). However, it appears that the malicious files are likely to get caught when scanned before making it to OneDrive (still sit on hard drive though).

• wally commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How do you do this if your O365 account is a work account meaning it ends with @myXYZcompany.com

• UNMES commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

They may have already done this? Was this option was in MAIL while adding files, today?

• bharat shah commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What an idea it is ! It could allow group uploading to one account. Which means if I receive many attachments in my email, I can forward those to my OneDrive account with just an email ! I would encourage all my friends to send big attachments to me that are of my use, so that I can easily send them to my OneDrive folder. 3 votes for this brilliant idea.

• Bill Hixon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does not work with One Drive for Business. Would have been a nice workaround if it did.

• petronella commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Nem tudok bejutni a laptopomba mert Outlook fiokhoz új jelszót kér! Kérem segítsenek! ?

• Binh Truong commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Outlook should support rule to auto upload attached files into OneDrive if attached files is pdf word or excel...

Feedback and Knowledge Base