OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

make my photo tags usable for others with whom the folder is shared

Make my photo tags usable by others with whom the folder is shared. No one else sees to be able to search my shared photos by the tags I created.

290 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Dan Wendt shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Tags are so powerful. Not even the great Google has implemented so you guys are ahead of the game! With the ability to search by other's tags you will win the internet!

• Mark commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It's good you agree and I'm sure seeing how many votes this can get may be fun for you guys but the fact is that many people don't know how to search for this problem and will rarely end up at a feature request page, let alone know something like this exists.

Google Photos has a couple of great features that we wish you would add like map view and easier shared albums with shared interactivity but you guys have such a better product in my opinion. The ability to have tags from others in a shared album be actually searchable really seems to be such a logical feature that it's crazy it wasn't a part of the original implementation. If there is worry about seeing everyone else's tags in your own list then maybe have the option to include them or not when searching so you can still keep your tags as your own if necessary and not be cluttered by other peoples logic for naming. Giving us the choice would be great.

I've played with all the main file/photo sharing platforms and I think yours is the best and with this last focus on sharing (pretty important in today's social climate) it will be crowned king.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree with Bruce. I have pictures with multiple kids in it and their parents need to be able to find ALL the photos. The only other solution is to create multiple copies of the same photo which is very difficult to manage.

• Lamarto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

photos which are automatically tagged are they visible to others? even if it says "this file is not shared" under sharing option?

170 votes here and a few threads with the same theme......make shared photos/folders part of the pictures experience thereby making tags useful for others.......how much longer Douglas?

Could not agree more!!!

I can select "show photos from...all folders" in the photo section but it won't recognize the "camera roll" folder shared with me on the first level of onedrive , and of course all tags with them......yet the tags show up in the information for those photos??

please

Allow sorting by tags and allow searching for photos by tags. I use one drive to share sports team photos and parents would love to be able to sort by player tags.

• Asher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Voted up. Please allow ppl with editing privilages to edit tags (and comments)

• Bruce Foust commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am Spending time tagging photos and they are useless when sharing. The only way to organize the photos is by folders. But Tags allow one photo to virtually exist in other places as well.

Feedback and Knowledge Base