OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

Make API for Shared folders a lot better

You are able to Access the shared folders by you and others with "https://api.onedrive.com/v1.0/drive/shared" and access each of the elements by /drive/items/{id}

What I miss:
- Possibility to upload to folders shared by others that I have write access to.
- Possiblity to list the permissions for each item (OneDrive.com uses /API/2/GetPermissions)
- Possibility to Add/delete permissions as well

67 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nicolai shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Ryan Gregg responded  · 

We haven’t documented the /shared API because we’re still working on making it work better. We’re working on expanding support for more sharing concepts including those you have listed.

12 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Nicolai commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is way to access shared items but there is no way to list them, you have to know the resource ID.

I've tried create.link in the API and it's working fine. What I miss, is a way to make that link "personal" by adding it to my shared view (not adding to drive). This is possible with GUI OneDrive.com but not through the API.

Any updates here?

• Roberto commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I confirm /drive/shared still displays only the items I have shared not the other way around. And that makes this endpoint useless in our use case.

• Max commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi... thanks for working on this. Can you guys provide an update on when it may be available?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As mentioned by Nicolai /drive/shared only displays items I have shared not the other way around, when /me/skydrive/shared will be available in the new Api?

Is there any timeline for this implementation? Before WP10 hits the market? Really needed as the Family Group is missing from People Hub.

• s.s commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Information on the items shared with me is not really available (as Nicolai has mentioned). It would be great if you can include that. Hoping that the "view.changes" will be applicable to shared items too.

Great. I noticed that /Shared didn't display anything that is shared with me, only stuff that I have shared.

Feedback and Knowledge Base