OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

Add the ability to view pictures on a map

On Facebook you can go to www.facebook.com/(username)/map and view your pictures on a map. You see number indicating how many pictures and where, and you can also geotag and add additional pictures to places, and see check-ins. You can then zoom in and see your pictures specifically according to geotag information.

I would propose:
-add the ability to geotag picture based on typed address, latitude/longitude information, or clicking directly on a map
-add ability to see all facebook check-ins here
-integrate Bing Scrapbook and update it to work with Windows Phone 8.x
-add ability to "Play" a group of pictures, so you can see a trip unfold on a map like a time lapse movie.

694 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
James shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Greg Lawson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I very much support this suggestion. When I'm looking for a photos I often don't remember exactly WHEN I took it, my computer may or may not be able to figure out WHO was there (ie. hit or miss face detection) or the auto tagging figuring of WHAT was going on the photo.. But the one thing I DO often remember and my photo DO always have is the WHERE I took the photo. So it seems this would have been one of the early features offered. WAY before the mind blowing and complex technology that is now auto tagging my photos now, very cool BTW! :)

• Chirag Sanghvi commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

If a bit of AI and Microsoft's face detection algorithm is added to it and it creates album automatically using the metadata like date, place, time, and people involved in the picture. Providing the created album a name and giving us an ability to rename it.
    Also tagging every person detected in the album by name of a random tag if not able to recognize and letting us edit this tags so we can either rename it or use contacts in people app to tag them.
    Finally an integration with people app in windows 10 where this pics show in the timeline.

• Paul van Lieshout commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Maybe a good solution for some as it is now, but yeah: Folder view please.
    Just like Google Drive. Or for that matter: any PC.
    We have finally gotten used to organising, now MS pulls it all apart again.

• José Oliver-Didier commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I like how flickr provides a map functionality to individual albums/photosets. Onedrive should have a map view for photo albums as well or a story mode for vacation pics like google does.

• Robert E commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, please make sure when we share photos with friends, there's an easy way for them to get the "photos on a map" experience as well.

• Saurabh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using location data from the camera - implement a map view where one can view photos by their location

Feedback and Knowledge Base