OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

preview html files inside onedrive

Provide an option to view a basic HTML file preview, right inside the www.OneDrive.com .

Currently when I click a .html inside the onedrive, it gives me the code to edit. Instead of just code, provide an option to preview the basic HTML without any JS or CSS

272 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    VishnuTeja T shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

27 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • João commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Obviously there is no technical difficulty in interpreting an .htm/.html file, there is only the misinterpretation of what is "View" this file type. So what are still waiting for to change this behavior?

Menu options "View" and "Open in the Text Editor" has the same effect and this is obviously wrong. The "View" should interpret the file, as it is done with .PDF, .XLSX or .DOCX.

Também apoio a sugestão. Publico planilhas no formato .htm para visualização mas são exibidos o código e não a interpretação visual.

O mesmo não ocorre com arquivos .PDF, .DOC ou .XLS, que também possuem códigos mas são INTERPRETADOS e exibidos.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm glad I'm not alone in this. It baffles me that "opening" an HTML file in OneDrive just displays script. Maybe it's time to move to S3....

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would also like to see this — are you guys still "thinking about it"?

I found that if you either : Copy link to a new tab or Download I can view it - but it is not intuitive. Even if the button said... DOWNLOAD to PREVIEW..... would help.

When can we see HTML file ?, not possible that in 2018 microsoft does not provide this feature

I have no idea how a cloud based storage system could not allow html file to open in a browser. It baffles me that this would not be doable!

• Peter Mead. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Challenge here is that html filewould need to add associated css file and any other embedded html files within the html to at times be useful. Would be a useful feature yes, but can see that there will need to be some limitations.

• GH commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Still unable to view HTML from OneDrive. Boo to Admin response.

Also provide a view only link that open as a web page and editable as an html file

• Stephen Forman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely needed. I sent my OneDrive link to a prospective employer, but the non-rendered .htm files did not make me look good!

• Mary Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would be happy to just be able to see HTML files in iOS OneDrive. It's like they don't exist and Microsofts inability to even render the files as existing is troubling. Only cloud service I have seen that can't render simple HTML files.

This would be great both on a business level and personal level...found this thread thanks to my job where we would really need a feature like this.

• Justin Struthers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be extremely useful. I'd like to be able to write HTML code on my PC, then test it on my phone through OneDrive.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base