OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

preview html files inside onedrive

Provide an option to view a basic HTML file preview, right inside the www.OneDrive.com .

Currently when I click a .html inside the onedrive, it gives me the code to edit. Instead of just code, provide an option to preview the basic HTML without any JS or CSS

313 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
VishnuTeja T shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

31 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Stephen Forman commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely needed. I sent my OneDrive link to a prospective employer, but the non-rendered .htm files did not make me look good!

• Mary Lee commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would be happy to just be able to see HTML files in iOS OneDrive. It's like they don't exist and Microsofts inability to even render the files as existing is troubling. Only cloud service I have seen that can't render simple HTML files.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be great both on a business level and personal level...found this thread thanks to my job where we would really need a feature like this.

• Justin Struthers commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be extremely useful. I'd like to be able to write HTML code on my PC, then test it on my phone through OneDrive.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please think about this some more? Now that GoogleDrive no longer has the ability to host there is a vacancy in the market. Even the ability to preview the website without a shareable link would be appreciated.

• Alan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I agree. This is needed.
    Related: if you Get Link and launch it in your browser, it downloads the file rather than launching it cleanly, but you can then view it as a web page (Takes one click in Mozilla and Chrome, but two clicks in Explorer!)

• Jason commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would like to view a html file in onedrive like a html viewer

• DM commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, we need to be able to view HTML documents without leaving the browser

2 Next →

Feedback and Knowledge Base