OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

Add a user setting to Onedrive allowing to chose set-up performance

I experienced very slow initial set-up times for OneDrive if you have 100 000+ files. Since after a PC crash Onedrive's internal cached sync information apparently can get corrupted, it will re-initialize all such information by reading the properties of ALL offline files and comparing them with the online version.
I have about 170ooo+ files and the entire set-up process takes about 15 hours. That seems too long. Also, every location change of Onedrive's offline files would trigger the set-up.

SUGGESTION: I would think it could already help if the engineers would add a user setting to Onedrive with which a user could set the speed / performance of the Onedrive (initial) sync process. By doing that it is up to the user to decide if he/she wants all PC / wifi / whatever resources and performance to go into the initial sync process or not. But if it could be completed in 1-2 hours, that would be acceptable.

CURRENT status: Onedrive's process assigns Low Priority to the I/O and reading through Hundreds of Thousand files is super slow.

A performance boost should be beneficial for all users in the future since I assume that more and more users will have an increased number of files on Onedrive. 15 hrs for a sync-compare process where NO files are downloaded or uploaded is definitely too long.

Thanks for listeninig.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Frank-S shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)