OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

Implement a folder tree like Google Drive. It would make navigating and moving files around much easier.

I'm surprised this isn't already a feature. Clicking through folder labels to get to where I want to go is irritating. It'd be much better to expand a folder tree and go right where I need to. We need a navigation pane for a more friendly UI experience.

3,922 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

57 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Offer a Tree view. I wont use One drive without it as Google Drive has Treeview. If you Offer a clear Tree view i will Consider Switching. Thanks Very much,

John

• Raphael D. Groulx commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

+1

Bit mind boggling that such a basic feature is not available in a tool meant for professionals. The current navigation is the modern equivalent of MS-DOS commands with a UI. All that's missing is some "CD.." commands to go back to previous folder.

• John commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Using OneDrive without folder tree view feature is like finding something in trashcan. It seems that developers do not use OneDrive.

• Tamara Jo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree wholeheartedly!! I uploaded a couple thousand pictures in about the same week and they are ALL jumbled. Where I had a nice, neatly organized "file cabinet" that is my phone gallery, now I have a ton of them to go through to find a set of 8 or so that used to have their own folder!!!! I hope this will also include saving folders from original filepath as well!

• Jereme E Guenther commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, I am trying to move from Google to Microsoft, and this is the most annoying missing figure in skydrive.

• Allan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

A tree view should obviously be integrated into mobile apps as well as the UWP version of Windows Explorer, whenever it comes out... UWP Explorer should be able to integrate with all kinds of cloud storage providers and other apps, of course.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there any update on this one?? You are thinking about it for 2years already :)

• Allan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This would be a killer feature for our OneDrive for Business users. It should thus work for both personal and business accounts as well as Sharepoint document libraries. In fact, everything on the left side of the web view, should be arranged into a tree view, including “Shared with me”.

• Lizardo Salazar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I do not understand that until now this option is 100% basic, not implemented in OneDrive.

Is there another channel to send the request?

• Wesley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Almost 3000 votes, how many do you need before implementing this?

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Douglas, I am back! Did you miss me?
    How many votes Douglas?
    Do you still work for MS?
    Common sense would tell you to at least drop a quick comment to all of us who are waiting for this feature to be implemented but ....

• George commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Douglas, you need votes to make your cloud file program work better? How about sorry we should have done that from the beginning, after all we are the operating system manufacturer and understand what a File Explorer is and why it is important. Have no idea why we didn't do it right from the beginning and we are getting right on it...

Don't worry about it, its ok I'm sure your product is JUST fine the way it is.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Very sad this isn't an option for OneDrive in the web. I noticed there is already a SharePoint online feature for site collections called 'Enable Tree View' under Site Settings | Navigation Elements which adds a tree like navigation to the left side of the site collection. Since OneDrive for Business is just site collections, I'm surprised they haven't been able to get something like this setup as an option. Clicking through folders feels like many steps backwards in UX

• Norrette commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

At least this way we can see the full file name without having to open it. This is completely unproductive. Moving to another product until you fix it.

• Dan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

2477 votes
    How many do you need Douglas?
    Give us a number

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base