OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

Make it easier to search for files in the recycle bin. Right now there is no way to search the recycle bin other than scrolling down.

There is currently no way to efficiently search the recycle bin. The only option is to just scroll down. If you have a large amount of files in the recycle bin like I do, it is sometimes next to impossible to restore the file I am looking for. Another thing is you cannot open folders that are in the recycle bin. So if I am looking for a file in a folder I have to restore the whole folder to get to the file.

286 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    GeMarr shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

20 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I accidently deleted my OneNote notebook, which is going to be insanely difficult to recover.

Yes, please add a search option. Scrolling through 80,000 files is literally impossible

What are you guys doing, does anyone at Microsoft actually use OneDrive? I just deleted a large folder and even if I find the name of the folder in Recycle Bin, it just restores an empty folder.

We need an option to search the Recycle Bin, just just scroll down an insanely long list of files

• Joe G commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Wow, how is this still not addressed. I just did a massive purge, and because one of my shared spreadsheets had 20 versions, I have to go find it by scrolling through 2 million files I recently deleted. Not having a search in Recycle Bin is much needed.

• Eric commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has this still not been addressed by someone with Microsoft? Seems like a relatively simple fix. C'mon folks!

• lars K commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And spring 2018 it's still the same, no action what so ever from Redmond.

So, it's not just me then. I have some 20000 files in the RB, which I don't need to be there. A simple spreasheet that I accidentally deleted yesterday is impossible to find. I thought the 'by date deleted' and 'by directory structure' search options were somewhere, but they simply don't exist

• Rob Nicholson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I've just posted something similar myself on here (hint - allow one to sort search results on uservoice by popularity). Attempting to use the recycle bin for anything except a couple of recently deleted files is painful. In fact, most users simply give up. A search/filter with date range would be a start.

• Sean Taylor commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed add search. At first I spent forever scrolling through files unsuccessfully. I then discovered I could switch to classic OneDrive (bottom left) and it had sort by file size in the Recycle Bin area. The file I wanted was large, got it on the second page.

• Ryan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yes please, still scrolling back through thousands of files trying to find the one I want.

• Greg Woods commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have valuable OneNote files in my recycle bin after I made huge changes to my OneDrive structure. Problem is, I cannot get to them without restoring 100Gb of files

• ToaOfJustice commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@GeMarr: It's not possible to open folders in the desktop Recycle Bin either, unless you restore them or move them to another location. It would be nice if we could open folders in the Recycle Bin in both OneDrive and on our desktops.

Feedback and Knowledge Base