OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

Make OneDrive web app much faster at scrolling through photos

I have thousands of photos on OneDrive.com, and scrolling through the "base" photos view (click on Photos on left nav, all photos show up) is far too slow.

Please make rendering of the photo "thumbnails" in folders and albums much, much faster.

A few other possible ways to accomplish this:
1) Put in fast filters (like file types, or date ranges)
2) Have a very fast date scroller (jump to 2010 for example)

157 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Christian Brooker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. Scrubbing through photos folder in Android app is incredibly slow. Trying to find 1 particular photo from a particular point in time is a very difficult and time consuming process. Google photos was much faster and easier to use. I am thinking about returning to that service instead.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

me too! I have 65000 photos. and even when I put a specific date, it takes forever and I feel like I am just viewing the first few because when it loads more, it send back to the top. Also if I look for one day or a few days, they are in NO order what so ever. that makes it hard to select all the photos of a particular item. Say you have photos of 2 similar cars. you have to download them to a folder so they are in the order you shoot them to make sure you have the right info on each. POOOOORRRRRR design

• Jesse Duffield commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm almost at the point where I need to buy a subscription to Google Drive and have another copy of all my photos, just so that I can search my photos by date there. I waste hours waiting for photos to load so that I can tag them and find them, and it's not my PC or internet connection.
        I find it incomprehensible that I can search for AI tags (eg "pizza" but not for "June, 2015"!

• Zyber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would explain the issue but it looks like well-known problem MS have.
        My library eg is about 10.000 pics and I think it's NOT the biggest one. ****, OneDrive is slowly!
        According to other clouds I use - OneDvrive IS ON DIAL-UP CONNECTION!
        Douglas Pearce, this idea is proposed 2015! 2015! It's have been almost 3 years! You responded to this idea March 2017! What happened since? Feels like NOTHING!
        I'm in contact with OneDrive help right now and we are stuck... They say it should work, I say it doesn't... and so on. They're investigating.

• Maxim commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Make it possible to load pictures faster.

I have a big folder with pictures (some from the phone, dlsr, or compact camera) and the pictures load ridiculously slow (+1min) which makes it very uncomfortable displaying them on a tablet or phone when showing them to family

The competitor dropbox is much faster in this right now.

• Robert commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Quickly scrubbing through photos is very important and a must have function.

• CK commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yeah, the web app is painfully slow if you have a lot of photos. And playing video is even worse. I've got a great internet connection- there is no reason for videos to buffer and stutter. This site/service is clearly just not optimized for photos and video.

Feedback and Knowledge Base