OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

Allow search for files in the current folder instead of searching files in all folders onedrive.

759 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Pedro Cunha shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

77 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Paul Duffill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems like to be able to search within specific folders is a basic function. You can do it in Google Drive so why is it impossible in OneDrive?!

• Samuel Muloki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was hoping this would work but then it doesn't.
    GET /me/drive/{item-id}/search(q='{search-query}')

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with so many others. This is a basic feature that is hugely important. Please expedite development.

Ridiculous to not have this. Makes my work on OneDrive not possible at any practical level. Have moved files back to hard drive with a cloud backup service and Dropbox for sharing.

This should be a basic function. It works in Windows, in Google Drive, in iCloud and Mac, it should work on OneDrive!

Our company chose Google Drive over OneDrive due to lack of this feature, though I love OneDrive at home.

This feature is extremely important for easy searching.

Please implement it as early as possible

• [Deleted User] commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously have to consider moving to another cloud service if this feature is not implemented soon. It affects my day to work when searching my archive for client data

• Ken Critchley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would think it would be an easy addition but maybe I'm wrong. It just feels like more effort is put into advertising and data mining than product development. Please Microsoft, I have loved your earlier products and have really tried to stay with them but I have given up on Windows phone, Outlook, Internet Explorer, Microsoft app store, music, Edge, Onenote, and now Onedrive. Please get back to good product development.

• Jackson commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

WTF seriously not possible? I could not even imagine this would be a concern because it is such a basic feature.

This is needed. Our non-profit uses OneDrive to store files in a pdf format and refers the membership to these files. they need a simple way of searching which limits the results to the folder they are viewing.

• HG commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is seriously not possible? I thought this was a paying service, how can it not have a simple search function.

This is indeed something we need urgently. I have shared some folders with some other people of my work and like this told them they find all the information in my cloud. But when they want to search for it, not possible to have an additional tool with the filters to show "folders", like this only the folders will be shown. Now they are getting hundreds of files but useless for them and too much time consuming to search for it. So how to solve this?

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base