OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

Allow search for files in the current folder instead of searching files in all folders onedrive.

836 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Pedro Cunha shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

85 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously three years ago we needed this and still nothing??? Seriously obnoxious to work without it.

Please implement this very basic feature asap. Makes OneDrive very impractical for work.

It's always nice when a company thinks it's good to implement something their customers wanted/needed 3.5 years ago.

• Michele commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our legal department needs to be able to search for folder names in addition to document names WITHIN a specific folder - not across all of their content. It shocks me that this is something which was reported as long ago as 2015 and has not been implemented, let alone slated for development.

• Pete commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was just about to use a OneDrive folder to share a repository of files with colleagues. Luckily, I decided to test OneDrive's capacity to search within folders first. The result? Exasperation! Searching within folders is a BASIC feature and a general expectation that most of us have when it comes to cloud based storage (I could mention the capacity to tag/label here, but let's get some basics right first, Microsoft).

I agree with others here - Google Drive and DropBox have had the capacity to search within and across folders for quite some time (and, to a large extent, they provide this apparently advanced feature for free!) Why can't Microsoft offer the same feature?!

• Paul Duffill commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This seems like to be able to search within specific folders is a basic function. You can do it in Google Drive so why is it impossible in OneDrive?!

• Samuel Muloki commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I was hoping this would work but then it doesn't.
    GET /me/drive/{item-id}/search(q='{search-query}')

I agree with so many others. This is a basic feature that is hugely important. Please expedite development.

• jack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Is there a possible update for this matter from Microsoft?

Ridiculous to not have this. Makes my work on OneDrive not possible at any practical level. Have moved files back to hard drive with a cloud backup service and Dropbox for sharing.

This should be a basic function. It works in Windows, in Google Drive, in iCloud and Mac, it should work on OneDrive!

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base