OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

Add ability to favorite/star images, files and folders in onedrive

I would love a way to mark a picture as a favorite in some way. An example for use: I am swiping through a folder of pics to choose which images to keep or delete. I would like to have a quick, 1 tap/click icon that would mark that image. Then when I'm when viewing an entire folder you would see a star or something as well as being able to sort by "favorites".

One important thing this feature would do is sync across all devices, not just show starred on the device you created it. (Dropbox changed their system to not sync and it makes no sense.)

*saw 1 other suggestion within another suggestion having to do with pinning. I apologize if I'm double posting.

101 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Lovebeautynglam shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Germo Görtz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

there should be a way to sync pictures marked as favorite or using the former 5 star system. I spent a lot of time to mark with stars because the information is storred directly in the photo instead of a separate database. I have no idea where and how the favorit information from the current Windows photo app is storred. But it should not be so complicated to store this information directly in pictures, to use it in OneDrive and to change favorite or star tagging in OneDrive?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have tens of thousands of photos that were rated with 1 through 5 stars in Windows Live Photo Gallery over the last 12 years. All these photos are in One Drive for the passed 3 years but some of these limitation drive me crazy.

• Piter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Same here. I still missing a possibility find my Favorites Pictures in OneDrive. There is no way for mark a photo as favorite in OneDrive. And Rating/Stars. In Photo App they remove too the "Favorite" Possibilty? Perhaps i'm out of date, and exists a new way for categorize thousend of photos. I have 20-30 Thousend Photos where i marked as favorites or mark Rating/Stars. Only in Explorer i can filter for the given stars. What's the new way today for do this?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I can't vote this one enough! Shame that nearly three years later this still isn't available.

Feedback and Knowledge Base