OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Hide shared file's path

When I share a file with someone; he can see my own file's complete path. Lets try a scenario: I have a presentation about a project my boss suggested, I finished my presentation, named it "awesome idea.pptx" and saved it in a folder. I always keep my boss's ideas in a folder named "My Boss's Stupid Ideas". Now I share that presentation with my boss... and guess what.. I get fired!

261 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    26 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OneDrive : Zip and Unzip File

Hello,

I would like to suggest you the basic idea regarding onedrive feature. Please add basic functionality like one can zip and/or unzip files directly on OneDrive so each time we don't have to download and upload files on OneDrive. Also, add the functionality to open zip file without extracting the folder on OneDrive.

Thanks.

239 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. New Plan - 1 TB storage only without Office 365

Offer Plans to buy storage only i.e more than 50GB without Office 365.
    1 TB??

232 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    33 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Attachment & document folder optional

Please make both "attachment" and "document" folders optional!! I have no use of those folders at all. The folders keep appearing after some time i deleted. Make an option for them to appear, like the outlook folder.

228 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. searchable photos by date

if photos can be searched by date or range of dates, make it more obvious on the onedrive.com. If it's not there, I would love the search by date / range of dates feature to be added.

224 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    24 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Merge two folders with the same name don't create duplicates - OneDrive.com Cloud

Option to allow two or more folders to merge together into one folder when moving one folder into a different folder that contains a folder with the same name as the one being moved.

Your 500 votes policy is ridiculous! I'm sure there are far more than 500 votes for this category already, I just didn't feel like reading through all 5000 plus search results to find one that matched my idea exactly. Every time I added a word to my search, instead of narrowing down my search results it kept adding more search results.

215 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. support and thumbnails for .ARW Sony raw files.

onedrive support and thumbnails for .ARW Sony raw files would be appreciated. Windows 10, Gdrive, Dropbox and others have this support while it is still lacking from webviews of OneDrive.live.com . Sony has made it's way to the top tiers of the professional photography world and the call to support this system is greater than ever!

210 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Combine OneDrive Storage

Allow paid OneDrive users to combine their storage usage. For example, I am a paying Office 365 subscriber that needs more than 1TB of storage that is allotted to my OneDrive account.
    The Office365 plan offers 5 individual accounts, each with 1TB of OneDrive storage. I am only using 2 of the 5 accounts. Why can't I combine 1TB (or more) of storage from one of the other 3 accounts I'm not using with the one that I am using, giving me 2TB of storage space? Or create the OneDrive Storage as a standalone feature that can be added to…

206 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. logout all active sessions

An added security features, which would set onedrive apart from the competition would be the ability to logout all active sessions.
    This would be useful for example if i login on somebody else machine and forget a session open.

it is a rare occurrence , but EXTREMELY dangerous, since i keep all my desktop private files duplicated on onedrive, as most windows users...

204 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Print to OneDrive

I suggest a widely supported "Print to OneDrive" feature. The idea goes that you're on a webpage, you want a PDF of it (such as in the case of a receipt or transaction). You would use the new "Print to OneDrive" feature, which would create a PDF of the page, and save to a pre-specified location on your OneDrive space.

It would personally save me loads of time, and take some unnecessary steps out of the way.

199 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Support 360/sphere photos and videos

360 photo/video cameras are embraced by more and more manufacturers. A lot of them will have launch in 2016. Google and Facebook are already supporting this. Please do not stay behind.

195 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Completely remove automatically generated tags from photos

My experience, using Norwegian OneDrive, is that the automatically-generated tags do not tag nearly correct enough that I want to use it. Most of them are wrongly tagged, and they mess up my manual tags, making the whole service worthless. The tags don't even have the same translation between the app and the webpage. On the iOS a Court is translated Domstol, which is Norwegian for Court of justice. On the webpage is correct translated, but... you know. Really?

And there are way to many tags. Some of the tags, like People and Sky, have almost 100% hit, but 90%…

194 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Give the ability to copy and rename files / folder through web portal

I currently see no way of copying a file or folder in the same directory (making a copy of it). I would love and option like "Copy and Rename." This would allow me to have folder structure templates that I can easily make a copy of instead of having this template in its own folder and copying it a level up.

187 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Wanted to provide an update: while this is not in our immediate roadmap, I’ll share with our team to put this in our future planning process.

14. Being able to create an album from tags

When creating a new album include an option to create based on tags

184 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    tell us more  ·  Douglas Pearce responded

Thanks for the request. Have you tried navigating to the tag and then creating an album from there?

15. File request feature

I am looking for file request feature like dropbox. where even unregistered users can upload their files. Basically i want that feature so that my clients can upload their files which range from 2gb to 6gb at times. Where anyone having link can upload their files. I am thinking of buying outlook for business. But there is no meaning of buying it if i cannot do that.

182 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Allow OCR for Scanned Documents (images/pdf)... and index results for directory level searches.

Allow OCR for Scanned Documents (images/pdf)... and index results for directory level searches.

I want a "paperless house" which involves scanning all my paperwork, it can then be auto-uploaded to a neat onedrive.com folder. Great but how do I find specific documents once i've uploaded 10,000?

I wish to be able to search my entire directory or drive for image/PDF scans featuring the word "Tax", for example.

At this time OCR work very well within documents but the same search at the directly only returns text based document results.

OCR'ing and indexing the results for every document is no small…

180 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Search specific Folders

Onedrive has a "Search Everything" function. Now that I have a lot of data on Onedrive, that results in too many hits. I suggest you have a way to choose specific folders that you can search in.

179 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Microsoft NEEDS to FIX Onedrive so that files reflect their last modified date/time, not the upload date/time.

Microsoft NEEDS to FIX Onedrive so that files reflect their last modified date/time, not the upload date/time. This causes many problems when trying to search files from a specif date.

175 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    17 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Make OneDrive web app much faster at scrolling through photos

I have thousands of photos on OneDrive.com, and scrolling through the "base" photos view (click on Photos on left nav, all photos show up) is far too slow.

Please make rendering of the photo "thumbnails" in folders and albums much, much faster.

A few other possible ways to accomplish this:
    1) Put in fast filters (like file types, or date ranges)
    2) Have a very fast date scroller (jump to 2010 for example)

169 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    in the plans  ·  Can Comertoglu responded

We are continuously investing on fundamentals to make our experiences faster and delightful. Thanks for the feedback.

20. Anonymous upload to a shared folder

Recently we wanted to use a onedrive folder for people in a work group to upload their documents.
    The idea is the Admin shares a folder for UPLOAD (only) and sends the access link to the group. Users in the group can upload their files (WITHOUT SIGNING IN). Only admin has editing rights for the content of the folder

167 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Feedback and Knowledge Base