OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Add Anonymous Deposit Feature like DropBox "File requests"

Currently, Microsoft requires every user to be logged in with a Microsoft account in order to access any OneDrive folder over the web. I understand that helps expand Microsoft's install base. However, for we users who need to provide an easy way for customers or prospective customers to give us files, this is a complete show-stopper. Even in their free plan, DropBox offers "File requests" (in the core Left navigation), which generates a link to any DropBox folder. Anyone we give that link can deposit files. DropBox asks for their name and e-mail address, but there's no validation. This is…

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Migration from Google Drive

The ability to migrate all data stored on competing cloud systems (i.e. Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.) to OneDrive.

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Select "All Photos"

Select "All Photos" with one tap rather than individually selecting over 1000 photos

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Shared Albums Show in Albums

It would be nice if Albums which were shared with me would show up in my Albums versus me having to go Shared>Sharer>Album. Would love to see this feature integrate with the W10 Photo's app as well.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Automatically empty the Recycle Bin after a certain time (or storage) limit

I tend to get a lot of files in my OneDrive Recycle Bin, most of which I had intended to delete permanently. It would be nice if I could set my Recycle Bin to automatically empty itself after a certain time (or storage) limit.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Shared items

Multiple ways to view shares; By file, by person its shared with. Ability to remove shared permissions in multiple files at once rather than one at a time or remove all files shared with someone. Make it easy and user friendly to modify shares. If I want to change a write edit to read only for example.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Uploading

When uploading, how about a status bar? Either by file size or percentage. Now when uploading, since no way to tell how long, seems like forever waiting to complete upload.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Upload folder

Hi,

can you allow us to upload folder instead of files. It could be much easier. I know it's possible with Chrome, but should be possible without Chrome.

Thank you

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 47 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Albums and embedding albums and a Wordpress plugin

If Microsoft introduce albums and embedding an albums will be great, many cloud services are offering albums and sharing them and embedding albums will be great for users.
    i'm running many WordPress websites and many asp sites on my Linux box, when i want to share them from a site shared only with my frienz and family i can't embed them and i have to manually upload photos and videos to wordpress site if it has albums and one wordpress plugin for it share, then it'll be great.
    please add "create album" in create many item

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add to my OneDrive for View Only shared folders

Currently only folders which have been shared with edit permission can be "Added to my OneDrive" to allow sync.

It would be good if this could be done for View Only folders as well.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Import to OneDrive from Dropbox, iCloud & Co.

Import data with a share Link from Dropbox or iCloud to OneDrive, so you don't have to download and upload it again, especially when the data is big.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow Copy files from shared folder to personal folder without downloading and uploading again

I've just received a shared folder from a photography company, they have all the files for my English club and gave me the OneDrive link yesterday. But I have to download it all (10GB in total) and upload it again to my personal folder (because in my OneDrive, I shared a folder with my English club to work). That's extremely time-wasting !

I think you should allow/enable the function of copy files from shared folder to personal folder, to make it more comfortable for users.

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Allow uploading of file folders whose name already exists, but which contain new files.

In Windows 10, I can copy a file folder to another directory where the same folder already exists, and Windows will only copy the files that are not in the target directory. I am then given the option of overwriting or skipping existing files (or saving copy). In OneDrive the program will NOT ALLOW this function, as it only accepts uploads when the file folder does not exist. This makes uploading MUCH MORE DIFFICULT
    than the same operation in Windows 10. Basically you need to delete the target folder and start all over again. Please fix!!!!!!!!!!!

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Support password protected files

Support password protected files

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow comments on shared folder/files and send notification once the comment is added

Allow comments on shared folder/files and send notification once the comment is added. This feature was available before. It's very important for team project and collaboration.

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow to password protect individual folder on OneDrive

Allow to password protect individual folder on OneDrive

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow more than 10GB files

Allow files of any size. My PPT, excel and outlook files has more than 10GB. I cannot upload these files, creating a high limitation to a full cloud experience

44 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. LINUX - backup your websites, blogs, forums

most people buy webhosting on LINUX platforms because its cheaper but they need backup solutions and OneDrive could be IT. Millions of users of Ubuntu, CentOS 7 and others would be potential Microsoft clients t backup their VPS servers.

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Feedback and Knowledge Base