OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

How can we improve the OneDrive web experiences?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. My onedrive is not working well .

I put my video on my onedrive on laptop . It worked well, but I can not see my video on my iphone.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Time without using passcode

Hi there
    If I get an email as I'm looking through pictures I have to use passcode immediately
    Would be good to extend time limit.
    Regards.
    Nathan

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Allow upload size greater than 15GB

I have a training video that is 23.2GB and I can't upload it to OneDrive. Works just fine in Dropbox. This may make my decision to keep Dropbox and remove OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. moving files with in the Onedrive

Problem:
    After first Sync, when I move folders with in the onedrive folder of my PC, it take long to sync again.
    Present scenario:
    I guess at present, the server is uploading the new location and folder contents and deleting the old location folder and contents.
    Solution:
    When files moved with in the onedrive folder, log the movements and send the log to server and server also does the movements of files at server end.
    Benefit:
    This reduces the data movement between myone drive folder and the server and making the moves local a both end. This looks clean and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Go to another product and ask them how they provide and online storage service. I WILL NEVER RENEW THIS SERVICE

I am new user of One Drive but I am now searching how to get a refund. Limited up loads and I have a TB of storage....really. If I want one giant photo then I am paying for storage. You've cost me business and difficulty sharing ideas with others when I want to show a photo and I get a blank spot with a download link. If I wanted to do that, I would access my hard drive from home.

Just send me information how I can get a refund on my remaining subscription and I will move along.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. OneDrive server side error in file rendering

OneDrive text file display error

1. File contacts.txt 21.6 KB (22,140 bytes) 24.0 KB (24,576 bytes)
    2. In OneDrive app v.5.19 on Android v.5.1.1 file icon is rendered in light green with 2 bytes of text "ÿÞ" in grid view; no preview just file icon in list view
    3. In OneDrive app v.5.19 on Android v.5.1.1 opened file is rendered with 2 bytes of text "ÿÞ"
    4. Downloaded file from OneDrive app v.5.19 renders properly in Firefox
    5. OneDrive app reinstall has no effect on issue
    6. In MS Edge 42.17134.1.0 on Windows 10 file icon is rendered in white…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make Selection Easier

Make it easier to select files, your select box is so F*$king Small I select multiple files and then miss and have to go back and reselect everything, make it bigger or make it so it doesn't uncheck what you have selected already, this is the main reason I HATE using onedrive…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Which files are transfering?

How we can know which files are Upload/Download now when OneDrive is syncing in Windows 10?
    In by with Right Click on OneDrive icon (in system try) we could know....
    Is that better?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Share folder with people who doesn´t have a MS-account

The folder in OneDrive I share with user has to have an Microsoft-account. That is a problem! For example; I would like to have pictures from our wedding from guests who were there. It was people who was older, people who don´t use the computer/internet so often etc. They don´t need an account and they don´t understand. If I can share folder with anyone, with or without account, it should be much easier to take care of pictures, documents etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Copy Paste

There is no Error POP/Message if I try to Paste a file with long name.
    If I copy file from my desktop to one-drive ; it does not show an error message that file name is too long like it shows when I try to save the file.

If file size is too short like less than 1Mb but with too long name ; then User may thought its copied ; but in reality its not copied and if my drive folder is already filled with too many files no one bother to check whether its present or not as…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Upload speed of Onedrive is catastrophic bad. Sees many users report it as a problem. Is there any prospect that it will be resolved soon?

Sees many users report it as a problem. Is there any prospect that it will be resolved soon?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. One drive is not cloud solution. Cloud solution has to be robus. My xar files were not synced and if I have not made backup the old....

Make onedrive work! MS do not concentrate on everything do at least one thing right! Please no more beta products like win10, please!!!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. need to be able to create sheets of labels for mailings or flyers

need to be able to create sheets of labels for mailings or flyers

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Unable to delete encrypted data (.docx) on Word 2016 client from document library

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Word 2016 クライアントで暗号化したデータ (.docx) を、ドキュメントライブラリから削除できない

Unable to delete encrypted data (.docx) on Word 2016 client from document library
    ■Description(内容):
    Description:
    Word 2016 クライアントで暗号化したデータ (.docx) を、 OneDrive for Business および SharePoint Online へ保存し、削除しようとすると、[現在、そのファイルは他のユーザーによって、チェック アウトされているか、または編集中のためロックされています。] と警告が表示され、ドキュメントライブラリからデータが削除ができなくなる事象を改善してほしい。

“The document is locked for editing by another user” error message as trying to save and delete encrypted data (.docx) on Word 2016 client from OneDrive for Business and/or SharePoint Online, which make users unable to delete the data from document library.
    For improvement of usability and manageability, we would like to see this issue to be fixed as soon as…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Give us a way to DISABLE TAGGING of photos in OneDrive

You guys really need to find a way to allow users to either disable tags on existing photos, and/or give us an option to remove them in a batch process on existing photos. I have a over 2g+ of pics with tags I DO NOT WANT. I cannot sit here for hours and hours and hours and individually remove each tag! I've turned off tagging, but as we know, that does not remove existing tags. This cannot be a difficult feature to develop and you see tons of users asking for this - why is not happening??? Other than that,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. search within a folder when opened not all data

When you open a folder and want to search a file, one drive searches all the data that you have in cloud. its ok but could be better if there was an option to search only the current opened folder you are woking with.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Clear up tax year 2011/bankruptcy

Will add paperwork asap

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. I am having issues with using OCR (Optical Character Recognition) in OneDrive. The text extration is not showing in the detail panel.

Ever since I have been using OneDrive I have been able to scan text, & even take photos of text such as recipes from magazines, etc and after saving them in OneDrive and using OCR - Optical Character Recognition I would extract the text and paste into a word document. after saving the scan/photo in OneDrive, clicking on Details the extracted text would appear down the bottom of the detail panel. I have noticed in the last couple of days the extracted text does not appear at the bottom of the detail panel like it used to. Why cannot I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Feedback and Knowledge Base