OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Folder name too small and truncated

The folder name is too small to read and truncated

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automatic wifi pictures upload.

Upload pictures automatically over wifi.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Google Viable then Microsoft

I feel you people are way too complicated and less secure with frequent problems to users. **** Microsoft. I am switching to Google Drive. OneDrive is just for idiots and dumb stupids.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. In all of views you MUST PROVIDE A WAY TO SEE THE FULL FILE NAME!!!!

We put the version of the file at the END of the name in our company and oneDrive uses these very large space wasting icons with only first 15 or so letters visible in the file name. Certain views of OneDrive provide for a list visit view, but the shared view doesn't let you see a list view, and we must click and open every file to see the name. DropBox, GoogleDrive, Box - all file saving services EXCEPT oneDrive provide this.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Pause an upload option

When background upload for pictures and videos are activated, there should still be an option to pause the upload for whatever reasons since this can sometimes slow down the viewing of other online content in onedrive on a slow network for example.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. require manual approval for uploading files greater than 100mb

I'm on a limited data connection (on road & Office) and uploads are throttled. An ability to sync big files at home will be a big help. At the same time, I'd like all my smaller files to be automatically synced.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. why don`t you increase the basic storage a bit more to 15gb?

there might be a chance to look after the storage and there must be a warning indicator showing the free space left would be nice and deleting a excess copy of same photo such be arranged

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. OneDrive camera?

Is there already an app that will capture photos for you and send them straight to onedrive. I’m looking for something similar to Box Capture.

I love that one drive will back up photos you’ve taken from your normal Camera app, but if Microsoft made their own camera app that specifically only went to one drive, it would allow saving directly to the cloud, and separating photos you want to save from memorable events, or work projects, from your personal photos on your phone hard drive. In the sense box capture is great, but unless your company uses box, or…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. How do we know where the OneDrive server(s) are located that our files are stored on?

How do we know where the OneDrive server(s) are located that our files are stored on?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. onedrive and Norton

Can you please make One Drive live work with Norton Security?https://onedrive.live.com/

Every PC in my house runs Win 10 and has the latest updates. None can access the one drive live on the internet. Just get an error:

Cannot securely connect to this page
    This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner.

This happens with Edge, IE and Mozilla and Chrome. I assume it is the Norton AV. There is nowhere to whitelist a website in Norton.

Any help much appreciated.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. The little things I do not like

Overall, I am thrilled with your program. This is the 4th program I have used like this and this one is by far the best. However, there are few things that aren’t top notch. One, the program seems to take up a lot more memory than the other programs did. Doesn’t matter except it only comes with a tiny bit of memory. To get another small amount of memory costs quite a lot in comparison to iCloud. For $.99 cents a months I receive 50GB to use on iCloud. To use 5GB from you is $6.99 a month. What do…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. please make it possible to hide a folder

Some photos are not for children to see, That's why I will have the opportunity to hide a Photo folder.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add a shared link editing menu

For OneDrive, Can you please create a menu that allows you to view all active share links and then allow you to either remove, disable, or edit the access level of those links. I'm trying to prevent access to my files and theres people accessing with links that were issued I don't even know when, and these links allow editing, and I can't for the life of me DELETE the **** things.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Background upload of images

Coming from Windows Phone, images always uploaded automatically. Now on iOS, I have to keep the OneDrive app open. Switching apps stops the upload.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Fix creating new notebook

It's misleading when creating a new folder and you receive a message that one already exists, however, if viewing the directory structure you don't see a folder. Only to realize that it is referring to a OneNote that when viewing looks like a singular file and not a folder.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. One drive

My issue is when ever time you go on this it comes up with ‘ shake/wave for feedback ‘
    So my feed back is stop that from popping up every ******* time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. A possibility to know who has seen uploaded files

Hello, I very much would appreciate a possibility to see who has seen or downloaded the uploaded file. Thank you!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Excel files shared on web pages via One Drive to be read-only and stop the ability to download

An Excel file embedded on a web page can be opened in full for someone to look at, however, it also allows the user to download the entire file. I'd like to see it as view only and downloads stopped. This can currently only be done by sharing a link via email.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Microsoft allows storage on a computer only OneDrive always shows as nearly full. Can this storage dilemma be resolved?

OneDrive has an allowance of storage which shows as full. Can a solution be found without adding extra storage or removing files?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base