OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Add the ability to sort search results.

I would like to be able to sort search results. We already have the ability to sort files within folders. Now it would be nice to be able to sort the files after performing a search. Thank you.

151 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Option to disable Skype in OneDrive.

In OneDrive I work with documents. It is annoying to see notifications from Skype there, especially when I need to refresh a page every time to remove that orange dot.

147 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Wishing to copy my own files into other user's OneDrive for Business

I am using the [Copy] button on my own One Drive for Business's screen but I prefer to use the feature that enable me to copy the files into other user's One Drive for Business.

147 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Advanced tagging

Add advanced tagging system.
    Allow to add/edit/remove all kind of tags.
    - People tag
    - Geo tag
    - Rating
    - Flagged
    - Custom tag

Tag must be store inside the image (EXIF) to be used with other desktop software by OneDrive sync.

Like Old Windows Live Photo Gallery
    Also add groupping and search by tag.

145 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Recover files deleted from bin or deleted after 30 days

Offer a File Recovery option or as a paid service for files excluded from bin and deleted automatically from bin after 30 days.

Provided as a premium service or paid per incident, it would be an extraordinary selling point and advantage compared with other cloud services!
    There is a business opportunity being lost in here!

Thanks,
    Alex T.

142 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Sharing between a OneDrive for business account and a OneDrive personal account

When a file or folder is shared from a OneDrive for Business account to a OneDrive personal account the files should appear in the Shared folder.

It is ridiculous that the only entry-point for the recipient to access these files is the email containing the share link.

This is fundamental functionality for OneDrive for business to ever convincingly replace Dropbox shadow IT within an organisation.

138 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Schedule sync frequency for designated files.

large files with numerous small changes are very slow in the application due to the frequency of the sync. Attempted to place accounting data files on one drive, but it will sync the entire file after every entry. This made it unusable in the cloud. If sync only occurred upon closing the application, it would allow for data sharing among devices. Incremental sync might also solve this issue. Thanks

137 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow files to be transferred between Microsoft accounts

Sometimes a person switches Microsoft accounts or wants to merge two existing Microsoft accounts. This means they need to move their files too. Providing a way to transfer ownership of files and folders from one Microsoft account to another would make the process much easier (meaning they don't have to download then reupload the files but can instead just use the Web site).

136 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Unable to delete folders if contains files

Cannot delete folder in Onedrive. We receive error message "You have to delete all the items in this folder before you can delete the folder".

Got update that DLP policy or Retention policy is causing this issue

We want to fix this issue by product team

134 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Pool 5TB across accounts in a O365 Home plan rather than allocating 1TB per user

I paid $100 for O365 home for five users, but host most of our family's photos and content in my OneDrive. It would really make sense if this came out of everyone's allocation.

Please change O365 Home plans so that there's 5TB shared/pooled storage--per plan--rather than 1TB per user.

131 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Password of shared files in OneDrive for Business

Similar to OneDrive-Personal it would be great if the "Set a password" feature on shared files (https://support.office.com/en-us/article/share-onedrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07#OSType=OneDrive-_Personal) could be included in OneDrive for Business please.

127 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fetch an entire folder from a connected PC

Individual files can already be download, or "fetched", from a PC with the OneDrive app through the webapp. Unfortunately, sometimes I need an entire folder, with many files or even other folders within it, and as of now I have to download each file one-by-one. I would like the ability to download an entire folder, much the same way you can to regular synced folders, if it's possible.

127 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Enable to adjust video speed on playback

There is no option to adjust playback speed, which is really a must have when watching long videos. This is a common feature that we see in Youtube and some other leading video sites as well.

126 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. More storage options - Up to 10TB plan

Please provide more storage options above the 1TB, as it's not enough and the lack of options is pushing users away to other services.

Adding 3 new Office plans, shouldn't be too complicated:
    2TB - $£
    5TB - £$
    10TB - $$£

At least users will have an option!

Also if an user buy the 5 licences Office, why not allow him to stack subscriptions on the same Microsoft account?

Alex

128 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. 123 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Support MKV

I understand you declined this issue in a previous post, so I'm reopening it here. This is important to your users and saying you are focusing on the "most common" formats is not a reasonable response for most of us. Please reconsider or expand upon your reasoning for not supporting this.

122 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Fix size metadata bug

When uploading certain PNG files the size is incorrectly reported on the OneDrive website and in the Photo object returned by the REST API. This can be reproduced using the following PNG file: http://www2.zippyshare.com/v/11270772/file.html

121 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Automatically upload Outlook.com attachments to OneDrive

if I send an email to onedrive@outlook.com or any email ID finalized by Microsoft from my registered onedrive email iD, then attached file in my email automatically gets uploaded to my oneDrive cloud.

Example: Let's say my email ID is xyz@hotmail.com and I am using OnDrive using the same email ID ( i.e xyz@hotmail.com ). Now I send an email from xyz@outlook.com with an attached file to onedrive@outlook.com then this attached file automatically gets uploaded to my OneDrive storage.

119 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Bookmark

This one drive app for iPad is great but lack just one feature called 'bookmark'. With just one small additional, I would forsake the other PDFs readers that have the bookmark feature. Really. Yep. I love the one drive app on my iPad. I am sure that others would agreed with me.

117 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add 'track changes'/'suggestions mode' for Word Online

In Google Drive, we can share a file in 'comments' mode in which other users can make suggestions to the file BUT only the owner can accept or rejects them. It is pretty much how Word works when the 'track changes' option is enabled.

In OneDrive and Word Online, we can either share files with full edit rights or no edit right at all - this, makes collaboration work pretty much impossible in certain scenarios.

This seems to be related to those posts:

https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/913528-onedrive-on-the-web/suggestions/15939541-toggle-change-tracking-in-word-documents

https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/913528-onedrive-on-the-web/suggestions/35401117-allow-commenting-in-view-only-mode-for-word-online

115 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base