OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Manually Tag Multiple Selected Photos at Once

I would like to be able to select multiple photos at once and add the same tag. This used to be available many years ago with the legacy Picasa product.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Hyperlinks in OneNote Online

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneNote Online のハイパーリンクについて
    Hyperlinks in OneNote Online

■Description(内容):
    OneNote Online を Internet Explorer で使用した場合、ハイパーリンクを開く際別ウインドウが起動するがウインドウのサイズを変更することができない。
    Microsoft Edge などの別ブラウザーのように、別タブで開き、ウインドウのサイズを変更できるよう、機能の追加、または変更を要望します。

If using OneNote Online in Internet Explorer, when links open in a separate window, you can’t change the size of those windows.
    Please make it so that you can open these links in a separate tab or resize the window in the same way as you can for other browsers.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. FREE EASIER ACCESS TO WRITING SIMPLE LETTERS...NO 365

Chromebook great...except for easy letter writing and editing....

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. .url files open in new tab

.url files used to open in a new tab on the web ui.

now they just download the .url file

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Search through onedrive email ID

We share folders to our Office colleagues, there should be an option in onedrive to search shared folders on the basis of email ID, which shall list out all shared files and folders to a particular email ID or office staff.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Let me suppress the date on folders and files

I use OneDrive to organize my photos. I have 30,000 photos that I organize into a three-level folder structure. At the top level I organize by a range of years, e.g., "01 Family 1978-1988". My folders begin with 01, 02, etc., so I can sort them in my desired order. Within those folders are individual years, e.g., "1978", "1979", etc. The third level are event folders, e.g., "08-29 Wedding Day".

Because OneDrive has no option to suppress dates, the creation date for each folder is displayed beneath the folder name. Let's take this example:

• "01 Family 1978-1989" has "Oct 28,…
    1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Manage photos using location data

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    写真の位置情報による管理について
    Manage photos using location data

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 上に保存されている写真の位置情報にて、検索やソート等の管理する機能の実装を希望します。

Please add a way to search, sort etc. photographs on OneDrive for Business using their location data.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Bypass preview mode when viewing files in OneDrive Shared Libraries

When a user is accessing a team site via "Shared Libraries" in OneDrive, the file opens in preview mode instead of going straight to Excel Online and we would like a way to bypass the preview mode.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. “Download manager”

Especially in business scenarios, when selecting multiple files or a complete folder, it often happens that the size/number of the files is too great for a zip download solution.
    The zip file size is not known, and too many times the download will time out or the file is corrupt.
    It would be great if it would be possible to use a download manager (or integrate/support and existing one) so that it functions like the Sync feature does (created the folder structure and downloads the content file by file, and allows for Pause/resume.
    I think this feature would give OneDrive…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. shared

Please add the third type of link for the shared files that could include all kinds of options apart from editing

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. A command to delete duplicate files

I'm not sure I was allowed to describe the idea in that one line but the idea is to have a command to delete duplicates I was suggesting that it could be in stages such as delete all but one duplicate and then delete all duplicates this would really help us because we load OneDrive from all sorts of devices and all sorts of reasons and being afraid to lose the file we often duplicate now we have way too many duplicates and it's hard to navigate

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Copy folders, raise download speed from web. Skip zip.

Can't even copy a folder to the phone even though I pay for the service !! In addition, I can only download data from the website in a maximum of 10mbit when I can not use the app, usually even lower speed even though I have 250mbit download speed on my internet connection. Because the website also clumps together several gigabytes in a zip file, the file often becomes corrupt once it has been downloaded after several hours ... Extremely bad.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. This is not an idea, it is a problem. When I first got Microsoft 2 or 3 weeks ago, I used my Gmail Account instead of my cell#, so how do I

This is not an idea, it is a problem. When I first got Microsoft 365, I only had an HP Desktop and I used my Gmail Address/Account instead of my Cell#. Now when I sign in to OneDrive, I see the gmail account. All of my other Microsoft accounts have my cell#. Where do I go to change the user name from gmail to cell# so every account is linked?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I know, How about you make it work correctly, before wasting any more of our time.

I know, How about you make it work correctly, before wasting any more of our time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Move to option in photos tab

Please give Move to option in Photo tab to move pictures in created folder in My files section.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Lock OneDrive Column Headings Administratively

It'd be great to be able to lock OneDrive/SharePoint column headings so that a team of users can constantly have the same experience.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow the option to delete OD files without a copy going to the recycle bin

OneDrive currently has a design flaw where free space is required to delete a file. My OD was full and it asked me to delete files. Delete failed because I had no free space. Give me the option to delete the file without moving it to the recycle bin like we have with File Explorer.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Delete the document from the web application (word/excel...)

There is no way to delete the current document from word/excel web.
    In order to delete the document, I need to go to the onedrive web page, to the folder where the document is, and then delete the document.

It is more noticeable when creating a new document but I can't not save it, it is automatically already saved.
    If I don't want to keep it, I must give it a unique name (rename it) in order to be able to identify the specific new document (because of course I already have a document named "document" - the default new),…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base