OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. This is not an idea, it is a problem. When I first got Microsoft 2 or 3 weeks ago, I used my Gmail Account instead of my cell#, so how do I

This is not an idea, it is a problem. When I first got Microsoft 365, I only had an HP Desktop and I used my Gmail Address/Account instead of my Cell#. Now when I sign in to OneDrive, I see the gmail account. All of my other Microsoft accounts have my cell#. Where do I go to change the user name from gmail to cell# so every account is linked?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I know, How about you make it work correctly, before wasting any more of our time.

I know, How about you make it work correctly, before wasting any more of our time.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Move to option in photos tab

Please give Move to option in Photo tab to move pictures in created folder in My files section.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Lock OneDrive Column Headings Administratively

It'd be great to be able to lock OneDrive/SharePoint column headings so that a team of users can constantly have the same experience.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow the option to delete OD files without a copy going to the recycle bin

OneDrive currently has a design flaw where free space is required to delete a file. My OD was full and it asked me to delete files. Delete failed because I had no free space. Give me the option to delete the file without moving it to the recycle bin like we have with File Explorer.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Delete the document from the web application (word/excel...)

There is no way to delete the current document from word/excel web.
    In order to delete the document, I need to go to the onedrive web page, to the folder where the document is, and then delete the document.

It is more noticeable when creating a new document but I can't not save it, it is automatically already saved.
    If I don't want to keep it, I must give it a unique name (rename it) in order to be able to identify the specific new document (because of course I already have a document named "document" - the default new),…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow me to select what is going to be moved to the photo/images folder.

The Onedrive mix photos with any imagen from documentos, downloads, etc. The folder is clogged with images. I stopped allowing Onedrive to move any photo or image, otherwise It will finish filled to the top with garbage.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. "Reviewing Option" for Share

If you want to share a folder with anyone you have two options that to give permission to either view or edit. However it is not possible to share a file provided that you view and comment. I want the person with whom I shared the file to be able to view and comment. For example If a person has the ability to edit, they can choose one of three options (see attachment) like editing, reviewing and viewing. But the original owner of the file cannot control it. The person who shared the file should be able to give only…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Fix the ******** duplicate photos.

If you're not going to fix it, then fix it so you can't duplicate photos. My google Drive nor my dropbox do it. This is *! People have been asking about this for years! Why don't you listen?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. bildirimler

merhaba, onedrive premium kullanıcısıyım. daha önce dropbox kullanmaktaydım ve o programda paylaşım yapılan dosyalarda yapılan değişikliklerin dosya paylaşımı yapılan herkese mail yolu ile 'değişiklik yapılmıştır'' olarak bildirimler gidiyordu.
    bizim buna ihtiyacımız var.
    zaten bu özellik var mı bilemiyorum ve yardım metinlerinden de ulaşamıyorum.
    yoksa paylaşım ayarlarına eklenecek bir ek bilgi ya da tik ile eklenmesini tavsiye ederim.
    iyi çalışmalar.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Enable the photo option view on the Business plan

How it it possible that I can get something in the free version that I can't in the paid version. I had an personal account for Onedrive, where there are 4 options of viewing your files (List, Compact List, Titles and Photos).

I just signed up for a paid business account and there are only 3 options (Photo view is missing). How is it that I can get more for this product for free, that I can get if I actually pay for?

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/need-help-with-thumbnail-view-on-one-drive/e1efb458-d242-48c4-a46a-c32e6e403584

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Identify and delete duplicate files and pictures

I know it is not in your short term plans but is there another third party software that we can then use to do the same with the files on the Computers and then it will clean up the online profile. Not keen on that approach but perhaps only options given MSFT reluctance to provide such software service.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Bring back the #$% @#$% tagging. OneDrive is currently useless without this feature. I've been waiting for many months!

I can no longer find anything since you all removed the tags. How many more months must we wait?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add ability to sync other folders as well

I have data other than documents and desktop folder. I think onecloud should have an option to add/remove folders to sync files from other folders as well.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Having a visual indicator in Tool Bar to indicate that the One Drive has finalised updating.

If you hover over Cloud Icon in Tool Bar it says 'Looking For Changes' but if you double click on Cloud Icon it says ' One Drive is updating Files..'

It would be better to have a visual indication that the uploading process has terminate rather than having to hover over Cloud Icon which says 'Up to date'.

A bold indication that the process is completed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. mutiple support options

Hulp via Teamviewer of zo iets. De OneDrive support is goed, maar zou veel efficiënter worden als jullie konden meekijken op mijn scherm. Dan zie je live wat ik bedoel en kan een probleem veel beter en sneller verholpen worden. Apple doet dat ook met zijn Apple-support.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. farahmahad524@gmail.com

I would be surprised the place where you can find
    All staffs and contact them and sharing information
    Whith athers

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. view online vs local

When accessing OneDrive online, and looking at 'My Files', I see columns for 'Name', 'Modified', 'Sharing' and 'Size'. It would be nice if there were a column that indicated whether the files or folders are available online only, or if they are also stored locally. If that option is already available, I'm not able to find it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. photos scrollbar

For some reason the photos folder scrollbar disappeared and was replaced by some sort of timeline. Now there's no way to scroll through the photos anymore. While I can easily go back to the photos from 2010, I can't access photos from yesterday. How do I get a normal scrollbar back?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Recurso de Compactação

Gostaria de sugerir a adição de um recurso de Compactação e Descompactação de arquivos *.zip diretamente no Onedrive Web e App Android.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base