OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Allow to sort pictures by the date they were taken

After I pressed "sync" on my Android, it's all a mess.
    Old pictures got uploaded again and they now appear in the Feb and March 2021 folders. While this should not happen by itself, a function to sort by date taken would help

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When I rename a file, focus the field for me

When I click "Rename" in the context menu, a field pops up. Focus the field for me, so I don't have to click it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Create the ability to bookmark files

Create the ability to book mark (i.e., my Favorites) links to files to allow easy access back and forth between projects.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Seriously, how is this page helpful. Just more confusion. That is the problem OneDrive is not easy enough to operate. Can't find files.

Call Jeff besos over at Amazon and ask him how he completely nailed user-friendly 100%. You are way off that percentage. I have to know the name of the file to find it and that is not always the case. Sometimes I have to scroll through a folder saved on my desktop. You don't offer that option. Sometimes I have to scroll just to find the name of the folder. You don't offer that option.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. turn off the email notification from the commenter side when somebody comments on a Word document

The ability for the owner of a document shared on OneDrive to turn off the email notifications that are sent to everybody when somebody comments on a document.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add option to disable ransomware checks

The ransomware detection is great! However, I have multiple end-to-end-encrypted files lying on my OneDrive. Whenenver I change something about these files, I get ransomware notifications. It would be great if there was an option to disable ransomware notifications, either entirely or on a folder-per-folder basis.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow Office theming like found in Outlook

I love being able to change my theme in outlook and the Office homepage. It just makes the experience feel far more fresh.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Ability to rename shortcuts

Microsoft recently introduced the "Add shortcut to OneDrive" for shortcuts of shared folders/files in OneDrive or Sharepoint sites. Once synced to the PC, this shortcuts can be renamed to whatever you like. This option is not available in OneDrive on the web, thus we cannot rename shortcuts from the web interface.

Add the option to rename shortcuts from within OneDrive's the web interface.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow Users to Set the Default Page Size for New Documents

When using OneDrive in a browser, you can create a new Office document, such as Word.

There is no facility to change the default page size for this new document (e.g. A4). It can be changed via the Layout | Size menu but it would be preferable to have the desired value set by default.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Implement the ability to delete or move files to a different folder after doing a search on OneDrive.

Right now after the search results there is nothing you can do to the files found.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. The recents list should update faster specially when coming from Office Lens

My workflow is as follows -

1. I take pictures on Office Lens from my mobile and choose to save a pdf in OneDrive.

2. I open OneDrive on my PC to use those pdfs, mostly uploading on a portal.

The "recents" list in onedrive web does not update quickly. I have to manually navigate to My Files -> Documents -> Office Lens and then sort by date modified to see my recent pdfs.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Moving files/documents after searching for it in the Search Bar (Business use OneDrive)

All the options don't come up on the file/document when we search for it in the Search Bar. For example, if we want to have the option to move a document, we have to go through all the folders to get to that location instead of just searching for it in the Search Bar. Very time consuming. Can you please allow all the options to be available in the file/document when searching for it in the Search Bar.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Need to be able to access account

My ex Got account disabled or something trying to hack into & now they won't allow me to access it

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Implement a method to One Drive if the final file size is not known ahead of time for uploading large files.

Our application will frequently have the need to upload a stream of bytes for a file to One Drive, and we won't know the size of the file ahead of time. I am aware of the documentation for One Drive here that clearly indicates it is not possible, but I am really hoping if there's a way to work around this.

Or is there any work being done to enhance the REST API so we can do this? Google Drive uses a very similar method for uploading large files, but supports unknown file sizes by doing this with the Content-Range…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. add "open with" button when right click

there are many files extension out there. in google drive they have option for user to open file with apps from the store. I think this open with button will also expand to addins for onedrive and sharepoint

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. how do I choose not to show the Recent file list from the "Recent" tab on the upper left corner of the OneDrive for Business page

A user suggest go to files to do it there, but where can I find the step by step tutorial please? and why is there not a single simple click to have the option to "not show" or delete the foot print?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make password protected folders password protected at all times

Hello Microsoft,

I don't know if this is a feature or a bug but it is causing a great security risk for us.

Our Office 365 users create shared folder in OneDrive (Anyone Link + password) that they use on non-trusted (shared) computers to transfer files on and from said computers.

This technique allow them to transfer files without having to log into their Office 365 account from these non-trusted computers which would be quite worst. (See my other request).

The problem is: if the browser is set to automatically resume session on startup (wich re-opens all tabs that were…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Disable autologon to all MS 365 services at once

Hello Microsoft

If someone logs in to any Office 365 service in a browser, this person gets connected to ALL MS 365 services :

• Outlook.com

• Teams

• Office.com

• Word, Excel, OneNote etc

• Microsoft 365 admin portal

• Others?

This is a great security risk.

Example:

• A user goes on a shared computer in a hotel.

• Logs into outlook.com using his credentials to check corporate emails.

• Phone rings, dad died, runs away from the computer.

• Next person sits at the same computer: not only does he have access to Outlook, he only needs to go on any other MS 365 services webpage listed…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base