OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Move Folders Without Breaking App Links (I.E. Excel Query Links)

I have many excel files linking to one particular excel file. Our business onedrive is in need of a tidy up. If I move the file, or rename the folder its in it will break the links. If there was a way to do a 'Smart Move' or a 'Smart Link' that keeps the link active when changing file locations It would save us all time and money.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I want to hide “Add shortcut to my files”

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    "自分のファイルへのショートカットの追加" を非表示にしたい
    I want to hide “Add shortcut to my files”

■Description(内容):
    社内ユーザーにて、共有のみで同期はさせずに使用予定のフォルダーを誤って同期・削除してしまい多数のファイルが消失するという事例が発生しております。
    上記事象の原因は OneDrive for Business の共有画面で共有されたアイテムをクリックすると画面上部に表示される "自分のファイルへのショートカットの追加" を誤ってクリックしてしまい、同期が行われたことによるものでした。
    現時点では "自分のファイルへのショートカットの追加" を制御する機能がなく、今後同じ事態が起こることを強く懸念されております。
    今後の対策方法として、"自分のファイルへのショートカットの追加" を制御する機能の実装を希望します。

There have been cases where internal users only share files they need when using them, without having synced them, and then lose them when they get accidentally synced or deleted.
    This is because after clicking on shared items on the OneDrive for Business sharing screen, they accidentally click “Add a shortcut to my files” and think this syncs the file for them.
    At present, there is no way to restrict use…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Make it possible to upload files from Explorer without using the sync client

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    同期クライアントを利用せずにエクスプローラー上からファイルのアップロードが行えるようにしてほしい。
    Make it possible to upload files from Explorer without using the sync client

■Description(内容):
    ネットワークの帯域が圧迫されるため、OneDrive for Business の同期クライアントを利用を許可していない状況になります。
    そのため、ファイルのアップロードにはブラウザー上から行っていますが、エクスプローラー上からアップロードを行えるように機能を実装してほしいです。

We do not permit use of the OneDrive sync client in order to prevent it placing load on our network.
    Therefore, while it is possible to upload files from the browser, please also add a way to upload files from Explorer.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Free Storage of 10GB

Hey, it should be good if onedrive give us 10gb of free space because there are so many alternatives of onedrive but there is some reason why we are using onedrive.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Fix bugs

Fix following bugs:
    - When selecting multiple pictures to create an album, one miss click of the tiny selection circle removes the selection of all pictures. Imagine going through many pictures, already selected near a hundred and then after one miss click all the selections are gone. At least give a modal asking whether you want to unselect all previous selected pictures, or even better: once you have multiple pictures selected, clicking anywhere on another picture will just add it to the selection.
    - The Time navigator on the right sometimes pops over when trying to select a picture on…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Fusionner les espaces One Drive

Bonjour, Je suis titulaire d'un compte Microsoft 365 famille, après avoir en avoir partagé un, je souhaite fusionner les 5 espaces restant en un seul. Ne pourrait on refléchir à cette possiblilite merci

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Default open program

When clicking on a file (eg. an Excel file), OneDrive Web by default opens the file in online version. It would be a great feature if I would be able to sellect "normal" Excel as default so I don't have to make the extra clicks everytime I have to open a file.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Please add an entry for Personal Vault on the Left Hand Pane under your Username

Please add an entry for Personal Vault on the Left Hand Pane under your Username: (this list contains these items: My files, Recent, Photos, Shared, Recycle Bin).

I feel Personal Vault should be placed above "My files" with a "double space gap" so the Personal Vault stands out, and logically: You store/open your MOST important Documents/Files in the Personal Vault, Then you would look into you "Filing Cabinet"/named "My files" in OneDrive, then of course the conveniences of "Recent", "Photos", and of course "Shared" and keep the "Recycle Bin" at the bottom, semantically "the last place to look" for files…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. the ability to access upload and edit a file on a computer.

if you could make it so we can access, edit, and send document to a computer or laptop that has onedrive installed on it. if you could do this it would be helpful because then we could send document to the computer directly through onedrive. I HOPE YOU CAN UNDERSTAND THAT. Also, if you do do this can you make it FREE.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. the new album(virtual folders) feature is way hidden !

the new album feature is great but it is way hidden in onderive->photos. i would like to see it on the default view or on the main header

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Add "cut" context menu on onedrive recycle items like on windows recycle bin.

On recycle bin, ability to cut or more items to other folder should be given along with "restore". Also if file can be previewed or opened to see its content, that will be great.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Improvements required

I like the idea where we can upgrade storage from your app but what you are lacking the most is standalone storage plans not everyone need office 365 since it is provided by work or school
    And there is no need for us to have 2 accounts. Please add a 500gb option and a 1tb stand alone storage option

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Refer to Local OneDrive and Cloud OneDrive. It helps to know we are not changing cloud data, when unsynced.

When manipulating and organizing data, it would be nice to know that we are working with local OneDrive copies or Cloud OneDrive copies, when files are not synchronized. This is especially true when checking back on progress...

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow Editing of File Information

For example title/artist of MP3s so they're filed correctly within Groove Music. At the moment, you have to download the files and fix the information in Windows Explorer, which is counter productive.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add ability to convert video file formats at server level from quicktime to windows media conpatable format

Would relly like it if you built functnality into onedrive.com and the sync client to covert the video clip formats from the format used on iPhone and ipad to a format that can be read by windows media player so it can be edited in programs like Roxio creater next pro and others without loaoding quicktime on my computer since it is now known to have a security venerability for windows users since apple will no longer put out program updates for it and it would be best to have a solution for us windows users to help with theses…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. South Africa drive.live.com defaulting to Afrikaans af-za should be en-zn

Default language for South Africa seems to be af-za, instead of en-za(english). While there are more first-language Afrikaans speakers, government/the media default to English(and most Afrikaans speakers also speak English)

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. More gb

Plz add more GBs okay

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Show which files/folders are not syncronized

I have one folder under my OneDrive Symbol and checked to synchronize it with the cloud for backup. All files folders, even OneDrive Symbol shows the green dot. Now I want to cut the link to my notebook by unchecking the sub folder in the 'Sync your OneDrive files to this PC', but can't save and a failure message appear:
    'Sorry, your changes couldn't be save, some of the items you tried to stop syncing aren't in OneDrive yet. ...'
    Why can't stop syncing now? What OneDrive needs to

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here