OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Color Coded Folders

One feature I really like on Google Drive is that you can color each folder. It helps so much, when making folders for my clients that I can color code each one. It is much less confusing. This is the main reasons I have not swtitched my business folders over to OneDrive.

88 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Restrict OneDrive for Business access for specific IP address

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    指定した IP アドレスからのアクセス制限を OneDrive for Business にのみ適用する機能について

Restrict OneDrive for Business access for specific IP address

現在、OneDrive for Business を指定した IP アドレス以外からのアクセスを制限するよう設定した場合、SharePoint Online もアクセスが制限されてしまう。
    OneDrive for Business のみアクセス制限できるよう改善して欲しい。

By setting “Allow access only from specific IP address locations” in OneDrive for Business, it cause a restriction for SharePoint sites access as well. We want to allow access to OneDrive for business only in specific Network and at the same time it should not affect SharePoint site access.

Thank you for your consideration.

85 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. OneDrive integration with iOS 11 Files App

When will OneDrive integrate with iOS 11 Files App. Both Google Drive, Dropbox support integration with Files App and the ability to drag files into other apps, like Apple email app. Apple iCloud also provides the functionality.

83 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Versioning

We really need versioning. It's a must. I want to switch totally from Dropbox plan. Maybe an official position about this feature if it's in plan or not and how long we will have to wait.

83 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Office 365 missing Mind-Mapping-Tool

Office 365 and OneDrive is nearly perfect. The only tool I'm missing is a simple mind-mapping-tool. This would complete the great Microsoft product family.

Kr
    Alexander

83 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. OneDrive LAN-sync

It would be nice if there was an option to sync files over the LAN since it's much faster. Especially if you have to transfer 10's of gigabytes of files.
    This would be grate when you restore a computer and need to download all the files again. It takes forever if you have to download all the files from the web.

80 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Hide album art files in music folder

Hide album art files like windows explorer does.

78 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Ugly black bar at the top

Recent UI updates to OneDrive.com came with a very ugly, huge alien black bar at the top. It doesn't fit with the rest of the page and muted tones at all. I figured I'd get used to it but it still looks like something out of 1997, just a "wtf?" decision by the UI team. Makes me wish there was an alternative without this amateur lapse in design judgement, and you know, there is. Your entire competition. I just wouldn't want to switch over something as nitpicky as this, I'd like the whole UI to live up to it's level.

77 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Dark mode in onedrive.live.com would be nice

Dark Mode in onedrive.live.com would be a nice feature

77 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. OneDrive with .SRT support

Google drive supports video with .SRT format, why not OneDrive?

76 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. DNG preview

Please, allow us to view DNG image files within OneDrive. It would be awesome to have support for all kind of RAW files (Sony's .awr in my case) but DNG is an open format and probably easy to support.

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Browser Bookmark Sync

Make it possible to sync favories/bookmarks from any browser e.g. Firefox or Chrome so that I can sync my favorites from another browser than IE to my Windows Phone.
    Also give us the possibility to manage/browse the favorites on the OneDrive Page.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Bring back a file's name and upload percentage to the upload menu.

The new design adopted by OneDrive has made it harder for those users who need to track the uploading rate of their files.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. One time payment plan

Especially for studends there must be a one time payment plan for oondrive like 50 gb plan is billed annually that should be one time

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make API for Shared folders a lot better

You are able to Access the shared folders by you and others with "https://api.onedrive.com/v1.0/drive/shared" and access each of the elements by /drive/items/{id}

What I miss:
    - Possibility to upload to folders shared by others that I have write access to.
    - Possiblity to list the permissions for each item (OneDrive.com uses /API/2/GetPermissions)
    - Possibility to Add/delete permissions as well

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Ryan Gregg responded

We haven’t documented the /shared API because we’re still working on making it work better. We’re working on expanding support for more sharing concepts including those you have listed.

16. Bring back functionality of Public sharing

The functionality of public sharing was silently removed without a believable explanation ... thats sad fact!
    I was terribly disappointed ... by decision and also by sneaky way of hidding whole thing and reasons for that.

There are many false stories and excuses

• Mister Douglas Pearce has marked it as something "buggy" for support to solve ... and has disabled futher voting for this matter ... thats what i call "dodge".

• More than two months passed without any sign of activity. Onedrive as major Microsoft service isnt normaly left without support ... but in this case is nearly obvious that…

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Edit EXIF information on Onedrive

You can display the EXIF information stored in a picture on OneDrive.com, but you cannot edit them.

It would be great to select some pictures and correct e.g. the exposure date or the GPS coodinates of the selected pictures at once.

70 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. remove 4gb download limit for folder

Please remove the 4gb folder download limit. It is a pain especially when you are sharing a lot of trip pictures :)

69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Remove Email Attachment folder

I can't stand the Email Attachments folder. So many users complain about this. We pay for this service, it is a personal drive and I want to be able to control which folders I view and which ones I do not. "It is by design", as recently received this reply from your customer service, made me even more upset. Fire your designer then and get someone from Apple.

69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add Default Data-Encryption to OneDrive Personal!

Please encrypt the uploaded data by default on OneDrive Personal, like on OneDrive Professional. There should be an Encryption which could not be accessed by the MS Stuff. I don't think it is much work. And with this Feature OneDrive will be great! Actually only the transfer ist encrypted via SSL but the stored File on it now - and that is very bad

69 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base