OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. markdown

I would like to share HTML and Markdown files that fully render to shared users. Currently such shares show only source code. :(

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add option to copypaste images in Office Online

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business 上の画像ファイルを Office Online に貼り付けできるようにして欲しい

Add option to copypaste images in Office Online

Word Online にて画像ファイルを添付するとき、ローカル PC 上のファイルから参照する必要がある。
    OneDrive for Business 上の画像ファイルを貼り付ける際は事前にローカル PC 上にダウンロードする必要があるため、手間がかかる。
    OneDrive for Business 上の画像ファイルを Office 365 上で貼り付ける機能を提供して欲しい。

Every time we attach images in Word Online, we have to go to local file to find it. To copypaste images that is on OneDrive for Business, we have to download it fist to local PC and is pretty time consuming. Add option to copypaste images directly from OneDrive for Business to Office Online.

Thank you for your consideration.

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable Cortana to use OneDrive music to play on Harman/Kardon Invoke

I really want to be able to play the music that I have stored on my OneDrive on my Harman/Kardon Invoke.
    Groove integration would also be nice, then I can play Groove playlists on my Invoke.

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Shared items

Multiple ways to view shares; By file, by person its shared with. Ability to remove shared permissions in multiple files at once rather than one at a time or remove all files shared with someone. Make it easy and user friendly to modify shares. If I want to change a write edit to read only for example.

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow Onedrive to rename extensions

Onedrive does NOT really serve as a cloud service if I can't rename file formats!!

If I need to DOWNLOAD a file, then rename it, then UPLOAD the same file, because Onedrive won't let me rename a file extension - it's not really a cloud service... I'd rather use dropbox.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow adding a file to multiple folders with Shift Z ala Google Drive

I want to be able to save a file in multiple folders without duplicating the file. Google Drive allows this functionality with Shift Z. Can OneDrive also support this?

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Better description for sync status

■Title(件名):
    同期の完了について

Better description for sync status

■Description(内容):
    同期フォルダーの状態が全て"同期済み" となっているが、同期クライアントが"処理中です" の状態は、ユーザーが同期の確認をする際に同期フォルダーと OneDrive for Business との同期が完了していると誤認識してしまう恐れがあるため、わかりやすい表示に変更を希望いたします。

When all the sync folders are in “Synced” status but at the same time the sync client is in “Working on it” status, it seems like the sync between sync folder and OneDrive for Business have already completed and it might confuse users.
    For that reason, please change the descriptions of the status to more user friendly and understandable.

52 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add to my OneDrive for View Only shared folders

Currently only folders which have been shared with edit permission can be "Added to my OneDrive" to allow sync.

It would be good if this could be done for View Only folders as well.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Import to OneDrive from Dropbox, iCloud & Co.

Import data with a share Link from Dropbox or iCloud to OneDrive, so you don't have to download and upload it again, especially when the data is big.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. To resume upload of files or folder when it gets interrupted due to network connection issue.

When uploading files or folders on One Drive. Upload should resume from last upload status if the connection is interrupted.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow Groove Music App to select a shared Music Folder for playback

I have 3 separate family users on one PC. My main user account has all my music synced to one Drive Music folder and groove music app finds the music and plays it. I have shared the music folder with the other 2 users who have added the shared folder to their one drive accounts. All has synced fine. The other 2 users cannot however choose the shared music folder in their groove app as it is not the default Music folder set up by one drive. Is there a way I can get Groove to recognise the shared music…

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Unable to delete folders on a site with retention policy applied

■Title(件名):
    アイテム保持ポリシーが適用されているサイトでフォルダーを削除できない

Unable to delete folders on a site with retention policy applied

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 上のアイテム保持ポリシーを有効に設定した際に、ブラウザー上からフォルダー内にアイテムを格納した状態でフォルダーを削除すると以下のメッセージが表示される動作を確認しています。

エラー : フォルダーを削除する前に、このフォルダー内のすべてのアイテムを削除する必要があります。

下記の公開情報から、アイテム保持ポリシーを有効に設定した場合、アイテム保持ポリシーを解除しない限り、フォルダー内にアイテムを格納した状態で削除が行えないことを確認しました。

タイトル : ブラウザでOneDrive for businessを使用し、フォルダーとファイルの一括削除ができません。
    アドレス : https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/bc14a78d-73e5-48f1-b7d0-12d4df7b969e

----------以下抜粋----------
    ご質問いただきました事象について手元の環境で確認したところ、アイテム保持ポリシーが適用されているサイトでフォルダーを削除しようとした場合に、同じエラー メッセージが表示されることを確認いたしました。また、アイテム保持ポリシーが設定されている場合には、この設定を解除しない限り本動作を変更することはできませんでした。
    ---------抜粋ここまで---------

アイテム保持ポリシーを無効に設定することができないため、アイテム保持ポリシーが有効の場合でもブラウザー上からフォルダー内にアイテムを格納した状態でフォルダーを削除できるようにお願いいたします。

When the retention policy is enabled on OneDrive for Business, if we deleted a folder contains items, the following error message is displayed.
    Error message: You must delete all items in this folder before you delete the folder.

According to the public information below (written in Japanese), we confirmed that we won’t be able to delete any folder that holds items unless…

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Upload folder

Hi,

can you allow us to upload folder instead of files. It could be much easier. I know it's possible with Chrome, but should be possible without Chrome.

Thank you

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Detect changes to files based on the file contents (hash) - then we can safely alter encrypted files (Veracrypt) and know they'll sync

Detect changes to files based on the file contents (hash) - then we can safely alter encrypted files (Veracrypt) and know they'll sync

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Support password protected files

Support password protected files

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Company Policy Message in OneDrive for Business Modern View

Display company policy message: Is there a way to create a company policy message (eg, "Records and information stored in OneDrive is for Business use only...."?). on the header of OneDrive? It's important to display the company policy so users know that OneDrive is not for personal use.

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Option to disable any kind of preview on shared file links

In OneDrive for Business, in many scenarios file preview does not work properly, or is confusing for users.

For example:
    - When you try to anonymously share large Excel file, preview is not working and blocks any access to the file
    - When you try to share a zip archive, content preview is shown and users try to select folders or files before clicking "Download", which forces OneDrive to repack those files
    - What's worse, when above zip is large (above 200MB), this repack silently fails and user gets an incomplete file (users usually don't notice _AllErrors.txt file added…

50 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Shared Albums Show in Albums

It would be nice if Albums which were shared with me would show up in my Albums versus me having to go Shared>Sharer>Album. Would love to see this feature integrate with the W10 Photo's app as well.

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Uploading

When uploading, how about a status bar? Either by file size or percentage. Now when uploading, since no way to tell how long, seems like forever waiting to complete upload.

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. In both Search Results and Recent, provide full file location and support navigating to folder and maintaining files

In OneDrive on the web, when I either Search or go to the Recent list, I get a list of files. However:

1. I can't see exactly where each file is located

2. There is no way to navigate to the folder that contains each file.

3. I can't do most of the usual file-maintenance tasks from these views: copy, rename, move, delete. All I can do is Open (edit) and share.

4. Can't see complete file location.

In Search results, there is a "Location" column. However, It tells only the bottom, last or "leaf" folder. I have several similar folder structures and folders…

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base