OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. onedrive web always stalls/hangs after uploading few files - hangs on "uploading *** items" for ever (win 10 chrome and Edge and IE)

I am trying to upload my photos to onedrive via the web. I don't do it via the windows sync app as I don't want this folder synced as its too big.

I know all the fragile problems with onedrive, and can confirm that:

all my file names are < 8 chars + ".jpg"
    None of the filenames nor folders have any chars other than ascii
    There is only one level depth (a directory with files in it)
    I have 300GB of space left in my 1TB (so its not a space issue).
    Files are all < 10MB, so its…

290 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

If you’re running into any issues such as these, please use support (settings cog on the web, shake your device on mobile apps) and it will help us identify and address the issue.

2. onedrive web always stalls after uploading few files - hangs on "uploading *** items" for ever (win 10 chrome and Edge)

i am trying to upload my photos to onedrive via the web. I dont do it via the windows sync app as I dont want this folder synced as its too big.

I know all the fragile problems with onedrive, and can confirm that:

all my file names are < 8 chars + ".jpg"
    None of the filenames nor folders have any chars other than ascii
    There is only one level deapth (a directory with files in it)
    I have 300GB of space left in my 1TB (so its not a space issue).
    Files are all < 10MB, so its…

251 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Fix issue with missing photo thumbnails in OneDrive web view

I've recently started utilizing OneDrive for photo backup from my Win 10 machine and after backing up a dozen or so at least one or two have missing thumbnails on the web view. I've got almost a terabyte of images I'd like to store, but this is a big problem and has been repeatedly reported on the support forums:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/forum/odwork-odedit/some-photos-in-onedrive-web-app-do-not-display/a3c1722d-5e1e-4dae-a254-afa7a79495a4

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/forum/odwork-odedit/random-photo-thumbnails-not-displaying-after/2c600327-7b85-404e-b102-fa325b60910c

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/onedrive/forum/odwork-odedit/some-photos-in-onedrive-web-app-do-not-display/49b75b7d-2a7b-4fa9-a604-4ff002992ea8

I've confirmed metadata information so I know that's not the issue as some support techs have stated.

Please resolve as this a major issue for having online viewing capabilities.

234 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    58 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Please continue working with our support team to investigate these issues, so we can identify issues as they come up (settings cog on the web will get you to support).

4. Timezone OneDrive (Web) is incorrect.

The OneDrive (like Outlook) has a serious problem with time. In Outlook I can't set my correct time, he always adds extra hours when choosing my time zone, and the OneDrive too. I just edit a document the 5 pm. And the OneDrive says it was edited the 10 pm!

This is an old problem, you do not intend to solve?

167 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base