OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Implement a folder tree like Google Drive. It would make navigating and moving files around much easier.

I'm surprised this isn't already a feature. Clicking through folder labels to get to where I want to go is irritating. It'd be much better to expand a folder tree and go right where I need to. We need a navigation pane for a more friendly UI experience.

4,153 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    64 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Wanted to provide an update here: this is something we’re planning on doing, but don’t have a timeframe to share yet

2. Add the ability to people tag

I would like the ability to tag faces on pictures that have been uploaded to OneDrive. Currently Windows Live Photo Gallery has this ability and is generally really good at guessing faces. Also, Facebook has facial recognition that is about 97% accurate.

My request is:
    -add ability to group pictures by people, adding this as an option along the top row, where we currently only see "Photos Albums Tags" right now. Any untagged picture will show in 'untagged'
    -add facial recognition to suggest tags for pictures
    -make this facial recognition at least as good as that in Windows Live Photo…

3,604 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    90 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Wanted to provide an update here: this is something we’re planning on doing, but don’t have a timeframe to share yet

3. Provide more than 1TB storage...PLEASE!

1TB is not what it was. 4k videos and SLR photos will fill that up surprisingly quickly.

I'd like to increase my OneDrive storage by more than 1TB (e.g., 2TB). But, you don't offer paid service for more than 1.05TB?! And the Azure path is too difficult. This is forcing me to look at other non-Microsoft solutions like Odrive. Why would you push me in that direction when I'd rather stay?

2,305 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    146 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. increase the file upload limit

Please increase the file upload limit from 15GB! With ever increasing file sizes from the media workflow, especially with 4K content, the 15GB limit can be quite a bummer at times!

1,927 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    128 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add ability to add metadata tags to files

Adds the ability to tag documents with metadata tags and to add another function to search in these metadata tags.

For users it will brings new opportunities how to organize their data. It's a different approach compared to storing files only in a directory structure.

1,840 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    87 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Favorite folders and files

Can you add a feature to add favourite folders or files for quick access. Not like the recent folder. Like a list of bookmarks that never changes.

Thanks

Steve Morissette
    morissettes@cs-soreltracy.qc.ca

1,114 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    68 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 907 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    88 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    in the plans  ·  Can Comertoglu responded

8. File Download Statistics

Have an option to view statistics on files eg Number of downloads, Country of Download etc

804 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    30 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Can Comertoglu responded

Update: We’re rolling out the ability to see who viewed your files on the File Card on OneDrive for Business. You can hover over a file on the web to get to this. Let us know what you think!

9. Allow sorting of onedrive photo albums

Allow the new OneDrive photo albums to sorted alphabetically and the sort order fixed

687 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    67 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Wanted to provide an update here: we are planning improvements for our photos experience; but don’t have a timetable to share just yet about this particular ask.

10. Sorting photos

When sorting photos by date, the app seems to sort by date modified as opposed to the date when the photo was taken. When looking at pictures, it is more helpful to sort by the date the picture was taken. It would be helpful if the app could read the meta-data of when the picture was taken and sort that way instead of by when the file was created or modified.

569 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Wanted to provide an update: we’ll consider this for our roadmap going forward, but don’t have any further specifics we can share at this time.

11. Ability to change date of pictures

I uploaded tons of old pictures to OneDrive, and all of them were uploaded with the wrong dates, messing up my "All Photos" view.

Please, add the ability for me to change the date of those pictures, with the option to change all pictures inside an album.

509 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    42 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Wanted to provide an update here.

First of all, if you are running into bugs (like all your photos have the same date) please reach out to support. If you’re on mobile, you can shake your device, if you’re on the web, you can use the settings cog.

As for the ability to change metadata on photos, that’s not something we currently have on the immediate roadmap.

12. Display the number of files and folders in a folder and its subfolders

I would appreciate to have the ability to see in the properties how many files and folders does a selection of files and folders contain (files and folders selected, plus all the files and folders in all the subfolders of the selection) on the website, like it is possible on Windows: today, you can only know how many elements you have ticked, or how many files and folders does only one folder contain (without including the files and folders in the subfolders).

475 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    29 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Thank you for sharing this. We don’t have specifics to share, but wanted to provide an update that we are looking into this for future updates.

13. Make it easier to search for files in the recycle bin. Right now there is no way to search the recycle bin other than scrolling down.

There is currently no way to efficiently search the recycle bin. The only option is to just scroll down. If you have a large amount of files in the recycle bin like I do, it is sometimes next to impossible to restore the file I am looking for. Another thing is you cannot open folders that are in the recycle bin. So if I am looking for a file in a folder I have to restore the whole folder to get to the file.

447 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    33 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Block Up/Downloading Specific File Types

The "OneDrive for Business Deny List of File Types for Sync" feature was recently released, however it prevents files from being uploaded only when using the OneDrive Sync client. The same files can still be uploaded using the Web View. This means Administrators STILL DON'T have the ability to define a list of file types that will be actively blocked from up/downloading, while Microsoft if claiming so.

357 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    28 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Make Search powerful and a 1st class citizen on OneDrive

OneDrive's search does not include tags and leaves out meta data. File names with binding characters like_this_file.docx would not be indexed in a way I could search for it. All in all there is a missed opportunity to allow for advanced search by type, date and analyze the content of digital assets like pictures, music, videos for automated (searchable!) tagging. You have such a powerful Search Service with Azure Search at your disposal, why not use it to make search one of the most powerful capabilities of OneDrive? This could be a true game changer since there is no better…

355 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are investing in better search experiences across the system, so moving this to “thinking about it” status.

16. Show captions on photos in shared albums

I have added captions to the photos in a fairly large album, thinking that when I shared it with others they would see them. But the only way that they can see them is by opening the information pane on each photo.

Captions are a vital part of sharing photos. They should be visible:
    1) In the slide show
    2) On each full screen photo, with an option to turn them off
    3) On the thumbnail screen, perhaps as tool tips

354 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    45 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Wanted to provide an update: there are no specifics we can share about this request, but I will share with our team who is thinking through the next set of photo investments so this can influence their planning process. Thank you.

17. preview html files inside onedrive

Provide an option to view a basic HTML file preview, right inside the www.OneDrive.com .

Currently when I click a .html inside the onedrive, it gives me the code to edit. Instead of just code, provide an option to preview the basic HTML without any JS or CSS

337 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    33 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    in the plans  ·  Can Comertoglu responded

While we don’t have specifics to share yet, this is something the team is considering for future releases.

18. Rearrange the order of photos in an album

It would be really useful to make path to rearrange the order of photos in an album by dragging. Also I need to choose by myself the cover photo of the album, not to be selected at random. Thank you in advance!

333 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    27 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. make my photo tags usable for others with whom the folder is shared

Make my photo tags usable by others with whom the folder is shared. No one else sees to be able to search my shared photos by the tags I created.

322 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Move or Copy to a Shared with me folder

I have a folder that is shared with me. I have edit permissions on that folder. I need an option to "move" or to "copy" files to that shared folder.

There is an option to move from the shared folder but I need it the other way around.

263 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 271 272
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Feedback and Knowledge Base