OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Plan suggestion

Hello OneDrive Marketing team,

As now for Indian customers you have 2 plans for buy cloud space or OneDrive space but what i think for getting more customer base you should get started with 50GB data plan and so on because starting with INR 340 per month is not affordable for all users. Hope you will work on this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make it so we're able to mouse over the pics to see the 'info' on them. Right now it's one by one. A real PITA!

Make it so we're able to mouse over the pics to see the 'info' on them. Right now it's one by one. Too many steps, and extremely time consuming. A real PITA!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. create software by which you can convert OS X file names directly to the names which are accepted by OneDrive

Create software by which you can bulk convert OS X file names directly to the names which are accepted by OneDrive.

I cannot sync all my files from Mac OS X to OneDrive because not all file name formats are supported or specific characters may not appear in the file name.

There seems to be a MS Windows tool ('Easy Fix') for OneCloud Business customers to do exactly that job.

Can this tool be ported or written for OS X users? Otherwise most of OS X users are excluded from being customers for OneDrive/Office 365 if they have trouble uploading…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Kill One Drive. It has killed my work

Kill One Drive
    It has Hijacked my Computer

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. fix font transfer

Fix the format transfer form word documents to word online. When you pull up a document online, that you typed in word documents the font style is not always the same.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 업로드 및 다운로드 속도가 너무 느림

업로드 및 다운로드 속도가 너무 느려서 사용하는 것이 불가능합니다. 인터넷 속도는 정상입니다. 원드라이브만 그렇습니다. 며칠전부터 갑자기 그렇습니다.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Save information (shared list, message content) when a share failed.

Currently, when you share, you input list of people to share, a message and click "Share". If this failed, only "Failed to share" without any glue of what failed popped up and you lost all information that you input previously. 2 points:
    1. More meaningful message will be helpful.
    2. All information including list of people, and message content should be saved. That will make the "correction/redo" a lot easier.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Space management

Would like to see total space used so as to be able to manage.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Having to pause and resume onedrive every time i wish to create a new folder/file inside of the sync folder is kinda of defeating the purpos

Sync, should be invisible. It's nice having file-level sync of my data. (mostly) however, when i am attempting to manipulate files, or have files opened by application, onedrive becomes rather intrusive attempting to modify open files, and freezing, or attempting to modify a new folder or file as i'm trying to name it, respectively interrupting my file creation process. this is hilarious. that's all.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hello My ONE DRIVE does not work. This warning is written. Sorry, something went wrong There is a problem with our server. We are trying

Hello
    My ONE DRIVE does not work.
    This warning is written.

Sorry, something went wrong

There is a problem with our server. We are trying to remove it quickly. Please try again in a few minutes.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. allow folders on drives other than (C:\) to be included in the OneDrive sync. I don't want all my music on my primary drive.

allow folders on drives other than (C:) to be included in the OneDrive sync. I don't want all my music on my primary drive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. my hard drive is not working Windows 10

my hard drive is not working Windows 10

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I really ******* hate your Onedrive software. I hate that my company uses it, and I hate you guys for making it so ******. I hate Onedrive.

I really * hate your Onedrive software. I hate that my company uses it, and I hate you guys for making it so . I hate Onedrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. The search results will disappear in Delve when searching items by a group name

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Delve での グループ名検索について

The search results will disappear in Delve when searching items by a group name

■Description(内容):
    Office 365 グループを作成し、グループの所有者の OneDrive for Business からデータを共有し、Delve から、該当のグループ名で検索を行うと、約 30 分ほどは検索結果に表示されるが、その後表示されなくなる。
    グループの所有者が共有したデータの情報が、 Delve の検索結果に継続的に表示されるように改善してほしい。

We are facing the problem that the search results will disappear in 30min under the following scenario.
    First create an Office 365 group and share data from the group owner’s OneDrive for Business, and then search by the group name via Delve. Items will be displayed in the search results, but it will not remain over 30 min.
    This behavior should be corrected to display…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Require "shared link" password each time file is opened via share

I share an excel file from my website that is for the purpose of my timekeeping. As I go around from client to client, I log into the spreadsheet and update my time and make notes.
    This share link has a password set with no expiration.
    Currently that computer remembers the link password after I've logged into the file once. (Clearing the browser cache) remedies that but I'd like to see it not remember the link password by default or give the option to remember or not remember it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. More than one line for folder names please so I can identify the folder

When I view folders I can't identify the target folder from the beginning and last characters of the name so having more than one line showing more would help

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Make a single directory for saved and shared files

I would like to have the files I have shared along with the files shared with me, in a single searchable directory. It would be ideal if this directory was linked to my computer file explorer where I can see my files only right now. When working on my projects I am forced to check two different locations for a file depending if it was created by me or others. Only files created under my account are searchable at the moment. With the files under a single directory we would be able to sort, search, share, open, edit, convert, etc.…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base