OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive on the web

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Restrict OneDrive for Business access for specific IP address

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    指定した IP アドレスからのアクセス制限を OneDrive for Business にのみ適用する機能について

Restrict OneDrive for Business access for specific IP address

現在、OneDrive for Business を指定した IP アドレス以外からのアクセスを制限するよう設定した場合、SharePoint Online もアクセスが制限されてしまう。
    OneDrive for Business のみアクセス制限できるよう改善して欲しい。

By setting “Allow access only from specific IP address locations” in OneDrive for Business, it cause a restriction for SharePoint sites access as well. We want to allow access to OneDrive for business only in specific Network and at the same time it should not affect SharePoint site access.

Thank you for your consideration.

85 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Office 365 missing Mind-Mapping-Tool

Office 365 and OneDrive is nearly perfect. The only tool I'm missing is a simple mind-mapping-tool. This would complete the great Microsoft product family.

Kr
    Alexander

84 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Network bandwidth required for sync client updates

■Title(件名):
    同期クライアントの更新に必要とするネットワーク帯域幅について
    Network bandwidth required for sync client updates

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business のネットワーク帯域幅は、現在同期に必要とされるネットワーク負荷についてのみ想定されている状況ですが、同期クライアント アプリの更新に伴うネットワーク負荷を下げるような機能については提供には至っていない状況です。

利用環境によっては、ネットワークの逼迫を回避するために計画的な OneDrive 同期クライアント アプリのアップデートを実行しているが、重要な更新プログラムのリリースが必要とされる場合は 60 日間の猶予期間が省略されることがあるため、想定外のネットワークの逼迫が発生してしまい、広範囲での影響を及ぼします。
    そのため、ネットワーク帯域幅については同期利用時のみではなく、同期クライアントの更新に関してもネットワーク負荷を下げるような機能を早急に用意してほしいです。​

The network bandwidth of OneDrive for Business is currently based only on the network load required for synchronization, but the feature to reduce the network load due to update of the sync client application has not yet been provided.

According to the usage environment, we have been executing updates for the OneDrive sync client app in order to avoid an overstrained network, if an important update program needs to be released sometimes the grace period…

84 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Sync on A Schedule

Hi,
    I would like to have an option set up my One Drive to sync on A schedule,
    Like it should not sync on business hours something like this,
    Is it possible?

Thanks Joe

83 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. OneDrive LAN-sync

It would be nice if there was an option to sync files over the LAN since it's much faster. Especially if you have to transfer 10's of gigabytes of files.
    This would be grate when you restore a computer and need to download all the files again. It takes forever if you have to download all the files from the web.

83 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Hide album art files in music folder

Hide album art files like windows explorer does.

81 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. All the shortcut icons become blank when using Files On-Demand

■Title(件名):
    ファイル オンデマンド機能利用時にショートカット アイコンがすべて白紙になる。

All the shortcut icons become blank when using Files On-Demand

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business にてファイル オンデマンド機能を使用して、ファイルを右クリックし、"空き容量を増やす" にてクラウド上にのみデータを置いた場合、同期フォルダー上のショートカット アイコンの表示がすべて白紙のアイコンになります。
    "このデバイス上で常に保持する" にて、ファイルをローカル上に保持した場合は、ショートカット アイコンが表示されますが、一度でもファイルを右クリックし、"空き容量を増やす" を実行すると、再度ローカル上で保持しても白紙の状態のまま戻すことができなくなります。
    白紙の状態だと、ショートカット アイコンがどの種類のファイルであるのか識別が難しいため、ファイル オンデマンド機能にて空き容量を増やした場合でも、Word であれば "Word" のアイコン、"画像" であれば "写真" のアイコンのように表示される状態が保持されるよう機能改善をお願いします。

When selecting “Free up space” in Files On-Demand to put files back to online only, all the shortcut icons on the Sync folder become blank. If you selected "Always keep on this device" and keep your files at local, the shortcut icons are displayed as normal. However, once you right-click the file and select “Free up space”, the shortcut icons become blank…

81 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Unable to delete folders if contains files

Cannot delete folder in Onedrive. We receive error message "You have to delete all the items in this folder before you can delete the folder".

Got update that DLP policy or Retention policy is causing this issue

We want to fix this issue by product team

80 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. "Block download" option for files shared via external link, but at the same time, allow for editing in browser.

Allow users with access via external link to edit files on browser, but also prevent them from downloading files via "block download" option enabled. This can ensure files with PII or other sensitive data shared, remains on company's onedrive and improves data compliance, especially in light of recent consumer data privacy rights (CCPA, GDPR, etc...).

80 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. OneDrive with .SRT support

Google drive supports video with .SRT format, why not OneDrive?

79 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow uploading of file folders whose name already exists, but which contain new files.

In Windows 10, I can copy a file folder to another directory where the same folder already exists, and Windows will only copy the files that are not in the target directory. I am then given the option of overwriting or skipping existing files (or saving copy). In OneDrive the program will NOT ALLOW this function, as it only accepts uploads when the file folder does not exist. This makes uploading MUCH MORE DIFFICULT
    than the same operation in Windows 10. Basically you need to delete the target folder and start all over again. Please fix!!!!!!!!!!!

78 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ugly black bar at the top

Recent UI updates to OneDrive.com came with a very ugly, huge alien black bar at the top. It doesn't fit with the rest of the page and muted tones at all. I figured I'd get used to it but it still looks like something out of 1997, just a "wtf?" decision by the UI team. Makes me wish there was an alternative without this amateur lapse in design judgement, and you know, there is. Your entire competition. I just wouldn't want to switch over something as nitpicky as this, I'd like the whole UI to live up to it's level.

77 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Skip file option for uploading

When you upload files that are already uploaded, onedrive.com will show 2 options, to replace the file or to keep both.

These 2 options can also be done for all files with the problem. Check the screenshot here: http://1drv.ms/1r2sNSV

I wish there was a third option where I can cancel uploading all the files that are already there leaving behind the ones that haven't been uploaded. To cancel uploading files I have to manually cancel each and every file.

You might ask why am I uploading files again. Well, more often than not, some files get uploaded while others don't…

77 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. remove 4gb download limit for folder

Please remove the 4gb folder download limit. It is a pain especially when you are sharing a lot of trip pictures :)

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. DNG preview

Please, allow us to view DNG image files within OneDrive. It would be awesome to have support for all kind of RAW files (Sony's .awr in my case) but DNG is an open format and probably easy to support.

75 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make API for Shared folders a lot better

You are able to Access the shared folders by you and others with "https://api.onedrive.com/v1.0/drive/shared" and access each of the elements by /drive/items/{id}

What I miss:
    - Possibility to upload to folders shared by others that I have write access to.
    - Possiblity to list the permissions for each item (OneDrive.com uses /API/2/GetPermissions)
    - Possibility to Add/delete permissions as well

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    13 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    working on it  ·  Ryan Gregg responded

We haven’t documented the /shared API because we’re still working on making it work better. We’re working on expanding support for more sharing concepts including those you have listed.

17. Please come up with 100gb & 200gb plan options

Please come up with 100gb & 200gb plan options -- don't need a TB and Amazon has some great options that you don't.

74 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Browser Bookmark Sync

Make it possible to sync favories/bookmarks from any browser e.g. Firefox or Chrome so that I can sync my favorites from another browser than IE to my Windows Phone.
    Also give us the possibility to manage/browse the favorites on the OneDrive Page.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Bring back a file's name and upload percentage to the upload menu.

The new design adopted by OneDrive has made it harder for those users who need to track the uploading rate of their files.

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. One time payment plan

Especially for studends there must be a one time payment plan for oondrive like 50 gb plan is billed annually that should be one time

72 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive on the web

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base