OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Office apps Word, Excel slow saving when File Collaboration setting is ON in OneDrive

Office apps Word and Excel are very slow the first time you save a document when the File Collaboration setting is ON in OneDrive. This is because Office saves the file to the cloud even if the file has not yet been shared. A better method would be to only save the file to the cloud first if the file has been shared, otherwise save the file to the local OneDrive folder and allow OneDrive to sync the file to the cloud.

107 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Request files requirement for "Anyone Links" folder edit rights

Request files not shaping up as previewed

For security reasons our company has limited "anyone" links to view for files and folders. Unfortunately to use Request Files requires "anyone" links have edit rights on folders. Why can't the feature work with "specific people"? Why does this feature require changing a global security setting to use?

Your preview materials state that uploaders would not see anything but would just see the area where they can upload. But making a security change that would impact more than just this type of link (request files) is not what we had hoped to see.

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. "Request files" is not available

If I try to use "Request File" that was rolled out in November 2019,
    The message "Anyone links with folder edit" needs to be enabled " is displayed and is not available.

My organization doesn't currently allow “anyone with tne link".
    Imagine a scene where many members in an organization submit reports to OneDrive.
    In the case of a shared folder, participants can view each other's reports,
    which creates risks such as data tampering and accidentally deleting other people's files,
    which is not good.

If “Request files” are available in your organization, the problem will be solved.
    I hope the…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Ability to designate users to share content with using wildcards

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive でワイルドカードで共有相手を指定したい
    Ability to designate users to share content with using wildcards

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business で共有相手を指定する際に、ドメインやワイルドカードで指定して共有できる機能の追加を希望します。
    When selecting who to share items on OneDrive for Business with, we would like a function whereby we are able to specify users using domains and wildcards.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Hide, Remove, or Disable Shared Libraries in OneDrive

I have hidden a SharePoint Library, however it can be viewed on the Shared Libraries section of OneDrive. How do I disable this? The hidden library should not be viewed by users at all. Ale so, the default SharePoint view set to show no items in the library is not what shows when the library is accessed from OneDrive. All files can be viewed in OneDrive which should not be the case. I will accept any workaround anyone may have, but there should be uniformity in how files and data are configured across applications.

36 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Delete warning is not good

The warning when i delete files in SharepointOnline(SPO) lib from OneDrive is not clear enough as i see it. The files delete also deletes files and folders in SPO, and by that deleting files for all users, this should be very clear. We have a lot of users who wants to stop syncing files but do the mistake of deleting files.....

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We want to maintain the access permissions when moving files

■Title(件名):
    ファイルを移動する際に権限を維持したい
    We want to maintain the access permissions when moving files

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business にて他のユーザーと共有しているファイルを SharePoint Online に移動する際に、権限を維持したまま移動できる機能を実装してほしい。
    現在はファイルを移動する際に改めて移動先での権限設定や、リンクの再発行を行う必要があるため、移動元で利用している共有リンクから引き続きアクセスできるようにしてほしい。
    Please implement a feature that allows users to move files from OneDrive for Business that are shared with other users to SharePoint Online while maintaining the permissions.
    Currently when files are moved permission settings need to be set for the destination and links need to be reissued, so we hope that users can continue to access from the shared link used at the source.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow users to share everything when sharing folder.

Today when sharing a folder with a user, the user would not see some of the files contained in that folder. Files that are not visible to users are previously shared with others by sharing those individual files. All files that had not been individually shared are fine and the user having folder level access see them.

This is an inheritance issue.

This might be "working as intended" but it would be helpful to have a checkbox on the folder level Share dialog to allow users to share everything under that folder including unique permission items.

Similar to what we…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Request File Feature button should be HIDDEN if disabled

The new Request File Feature requires Anonymous link sharing. If this is disable the button still appears and instead provides users with an error, making them think the feature is broken. The Request Files button should be hidden or grayed out if unavailable.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. About changing the location of a shared sync folder

■Title(件名):
    共有を受けた同期フォルダーの保存先変更について
    About changing the location of a shared sync folder

■Description(内容):
    現状においては、共有を受けたフォルダーに対し同期設定を行った場合、<会社名> のフォルダーが作成され、その配下に共有先同期フォルダーが作成されるが、保存先の変更が行えない動作である。
    共有を受けた同期フォルダーの保存先を、ユーザーの任意で変更できるように機能の拡張を希望します。
    Currently, when the sync setting is made to a shared folder, <Company Name> of the folder is created, and the shared sync folder is created under it, but the save location cannot be changed.
    I would like the feature to be extended so that users can optionally change where to save the shared sync folders.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Once SharePoint document library root folders are deleted, every item under those folders will be gone as well

■Title(件名):
    SharePoint ドキュメント ライブラリのルート フォルダーを削除すると、配下のアイテムがすべて消える動作について
    Once SharePoint document library root folders are deleted, every item under those folders will be gone as well

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint のドキュメント ライブラリを PC 端末で同期し、ルート フォルダーを削除した場合、配下に存在する "オンラインのみの状態 (青い雲のマーク)" のファイルがすべて削除される。
    配下のアイテムに "削除禁止" の権限が付与されていれば消えることはないが、 "削除禁止" の権限が​付与されている場合、個別にアイテムの削除が行えない。
    ユーザーがルート フォルダーを誤って削除する操作を行った場合、簡単に配下のアイテムが消えるため、ルート フォルダー上からのアイテムの削除操作を禁止する機能の実装をお願いいたします。​
    When SharePoint document library is synced using a PC and a root folder gets deleted, all Online-only files (blue cloud icon) under that folder gets deleted.
    If "Do not delete" permissions are assigned to the items under the root folder those items will not get deleted, but if "Do not delete" permissions are assigned items cannot…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Add the function to specify the sharing range

I would like to publish PowerPoint files saved on OneDrive on website created with WordPress, but not to allow viewers to copy or download my file.
    I would like to share the content, not the skill (e.g. how to create animations, )that is needed to creat the file.

So, I hope that OneDrive add a function to specify the sharing range if you publish files using embed code or shared link URL.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. The positions of shapes get changed when editing files in PowerPoint Online

■Title(件名):
    PowerPoint Online でファイルを編集する際に、図形の位置がずれる
    The positions of shapes get changed when editing files in PowerPoint Online

■Description(内容):
    図形が組み込まれた PowerPoint プレゼンテーションを、PowerPoint Online で編集する際に、図形の位置がずれる場合がある。
    Word Online、Excel Online においても、同様に図形の位置がずれる動作を確認しています。
    編集時に位置がずれないよう、機能の改善をお願いいたします。​
    Sometimes the positions of shapes get changed when editing PowerPoint presentations containing embedded shapes using PowerPoint Online.
    We have also confirmed the same behaviour when using Word Online and Excel Online.
    Please improve this feature so that the positions of shapes do not get changed while editing.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Ensure multiple people can read documents without synchronization issues

Referring ticket # 17174503

"When two or more people are working on a document at the same time, they might make changes that conflict with each other. Conflicts can occur when one person works offline and then saves the document to the server. Conflicts can also occur when two people work on the same part of a document at exactly the same time. When edits conflict, the file would display a notification the next time that a user tries to save the document. The conflicts must be resolved before you can save the document to the cloud.
    In OneDrive sync…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Change Access Permissions for File Request Feature

Love the new file request feature and can be very useful in my org. We would like to see a different approach for access and not have to enable anyone with a link access. We would like the specific people sharing option, to lock whom the request stays with. I does not seem secure that I can forward that link to another use to upload whatever they want.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add the option to hide upper directory structure when sharing on OneDrive

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive での共有時、上位のディレクトリ構造を非表示にするオプションの追加
    Add the option to hide upper directory structure when sharing on OneDrive

■Description(内容):
    フォルダーを他ユーザーと共有する際、上位階層のフォルダーまで UI 上に表示されてしまう。共有フォルダーのみを表示させ、上位フォルダーは非表示にする機能を搭載してほしい。

Please make this happen: Hide upper directory structure when sharing files to others.
    The upper directory structure is displayed at the top of the OneDrive UI.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Searching for Access files

■Title(件名):
    Access ファイルの検索について
    Searching for Access files

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business にアップロードした Access ファイルを日付で検索できるような機能を追加してほしい
    I would like a function whereby one can search for Access files that have been uploaded to OneDrive for Business by date.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Prevent save location of shared files from being changed by shared users

■Title(件名):
    共有したファイルの保管元のフォルダーを、共有先ユーザーにて変更できないようにする機能を追加してほしい
    Prevent save location of shared files from being changed by shared users

■Description(内容):
    現在の機能は OneDrive for Business のファイルを共有すると、共有先ユーザーにて、一旦ファイルをダウンロードして再度該当ファイルをアップロードすることにより別のフォルダーへの格納が可能となってしまうため、共有したファイルの保管元のフォルダーを変更できないようにする機能を追加してほしい。​
    When OneDrive for Business files are shared, if the shared user downloads the file and tries to upload the same file, it becomes possible for the user to save the file in some other folder. We hope a feature will be added to prevent the save location of the shared file from being changed.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow file download restrict when we share file links to another person. In short implement view-only feature

Whenever I share video files to another person they have download access. I want to prevent my files from the download implement this feature it will help me in sharing and protecting my valuable data that rests on your server.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 建议有回收站,不小心删除的文件,可以撤回,类似于百度网盘一样的

建议有回收站,不小心删除的文件,可以撤回,类似于百度网盘一样的

4 votes
    Vote