OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

How can we improve sharing and collaboration in OneDrive across all experiences??

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Consistent sharing behavior for Office file types and custom file types

Make a sharing behavior the same for both Office files types and custom files types.

Current behavior:
    File Handlers 2.0 allow to register custom files types (that can be configured to open by custom web applications) for Office365 tenant.
    When you share this custom file type, a person who receives sharing link will download the file when after clicking on the link. Instead of downloading, the file should have been opened in a custom web application that the file is configured to open.

For instance, for Office file types, when a person clicks on a shared Office file - it…

186 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unable to change the external sharing in OneDrive admin Center via Safari

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Safari から OneDrive 管理センターの外部共有を変更できない

Unable to change the external sharing in OneDrive admin Center via Safari
    ■Description(内容):
    Mac OS や iOS からブラウザーの Safari で Office 365 へアクセスした際に、OneDrive 管理センターの外部共有が設定できない。
    外部共有できるユーザーの範囲を指定する項目にて、変更する際の上下のバーが表示されず、設定を変更できない。
    他のブラウザーでは問題なく変更が可能なため、Safari でも早急な改善を希望する。

Currently it is not possible to set the external sharing in OneDrive admin center via Mac OS/iOS Safari normally.
    Even though admins tried to select a specific OneDrive user, the upper and lower bars displayed when selecting the OneDrive user are not switched correctly and the admins cannot select the user.

they cannot select the OneDrive user from the left pane because the pane…

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Integrating SharePoint and OneDrive with Autodesk Revit

We are construction company and I'm extremely happy to see one step in the right direction that Microsoft Office 365 is integrating with DWG.. but both MS and Autodesk already knows that AEC industry is moving towards BIM and they should go ahead and attach A360 viewer like thing with SharePoint. As a large partner of MS as a construction company we will really like to see that MS is doing thing in this direction which will increase our usage of platform which in turn benefits all of us.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow us to restrict sharing both external users and internal users

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の共有を制限する機能を追加してほしい。
    Allow us to restrict sharing both external users and internal users

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 上の共有を外部共有だけでなく内部共有もできないように共有自体を制限する機能を追加してほしい。

I would like to see the feature to restrict sharing not only with external users, but also with same organization users.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow us to control share candidates at OneDrive for Business.

■Title(件名):
    Outlook on the Web 側でユーザーが登録した外部の連絡先情報が、OneDrive for Business 上に表示される。
    Allow us to control share candidates at OneDrive for Business.

■Description(内容):
    Outlook on the Web 側で各ユーザーが登録した連絡先の情報が、OneDrive for Business でアイテムの共有を行う際に検索候補に表示される。
    Graph API の API コール処理による検索で、OneDrive for Business 側に Outlook on the Web 側で登録した情報が表示されていることを確認したが、OneDrive for Business の検索結果に Outlook on the Web 側のユーザー情報を表示させたくないため、本機能をオフに設定できるように機能の実装をお願いします。

If a user adds contacts from Outlook on the Web, those contacts are shown as a share candidate on OneDrive for Business.

I understand API call processing by Graph API for the search shows those contacts information on OneDrive for Business.

However, I would like to hide…

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Notify User when item reshared inside the organization

There's this Set-SPOTenant powershell Parameter NotifyOwnersWhenItemsReshared, but the User only gets notified when a document is shared with a user outside the organization. A Microsoft Support call also confirmed this to be working as designed". Please make it also possible to be notified when a document is shared internally, so the owner of the document always has a overview who has Access to a file without having to look it up by himself.

105 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Sharing status in onedrive for business

Weather we share files with internal or external users, sharing status shows only "Shared". It would be helpful, If it shows sharing type with text or any other visual indicator.

The same status visual indicator in "shared by me" page and in windows explorer icon would help reviewing all my external access.

34 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow Sharing of large Folders without Error

Allow Sharing of large folders without the error

'Sharing Failed: the attempted operation is prohibited because it exceeds the list view threshold enforced by the administrator'

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sync App for Linux

It would be awesome to have a native OneDrive sync for supported Linux distros.

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Provide the more detailed information for Invalid file types in OneDrive.exe

■Title(件名):
    新しい同期クライアント (OneDrive.exe) で利用できないファイルの種類について

Provide the more detailed information for Invalid file types in OneDrive.exe
    ■Description(内容):
    新しい同期クライアント (OneDrive.exe) を使用し、従来の同期クライアント (Groove.exe) の制限事項の "無効なファイルの種類" に記載の以下のファイルのアップロードの動作検証を実施いたしました。
    <調査結果>
    *.laccdb、*.tpm、thumbs.db、EhThumbs.db、thumbs.db

通常同期フォルダー上では同期が完了すると "緑のチェック マーク" "青い雲のマーク" などが付きますが、当該のファイルについては同期フォルダー上で何も付かない、またエラーの表示がないことを確認いたしました。
    なお、ブラウザー上からアップロードが完了したかを確認した際は、当該のファイルは表示されませんでした。

*.tmp
    同期フォルダー上からアップロードを実施いたしましたが、同期フォルダー上で "同期中" の矢印のマークが回転したままの状態となり、同期が完了しない動作を確認いたしました。
    また、タスクバー上の同期アイコンはエラーが表示されず、"OneDrive は最新の状態です" と表示されております。

上述の、従来の同期クライアント (Groove.exe) で "無効なファイルの種類" として指定されているファイルについては、新しい同期クライアント (OneDrive.exe) を使用した場合にも同期が正常に完了していないように見受けられるため、新しい同期クライアント (OneDrive.exe) 側の制限事項の公開情報にも記載していただくか、または新しい同期クライアント (OneDrive.exe) の制限事項に含まれていない理由などについて詳細を記載していただくようお願いいたします。

I tested the uploading behavior of files stated as Invalid file types in a support article for Groove.exe, using with OneDrive.exe. Followings are the verification results I’ve got.

<Results>
    *.laccdb、*.tpm、thumbs.db、EhThumbs.db、thumbs.db

Once we finish the sync in the sync folder, normally the folder should get "green check mark"…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Implement the feature to enable next sync client to share with external users.

■Title(件名):次世代同期クライアントでの外部ユーザーとの同期機能について

Implement the feature to enable next sync client to share with external users.
    -------
    ■Description_JP (内容):次世代同期クライアントでの外部ユーザーとの同期機能について、実装を希望。 

I hope that OneDrive for Business's feature will enable the next generation sync client to synchronize with external users.
    -----

49 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Allow Syncing of Files Shared with Me

I would really like the ability to sync the files that people share with me to Windows Explorer like I can sync the documents that I share with others.

It would make accessing them much quicker and I honestly don't understand why it isn't already a feature.

48 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Tracking shared file access

I need to know who has accessed the shared files on One Drive- You should have a list of who accessed and or downloaded files and the date.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Mass file deletion notifications Language

Mass file deletion notifications in OneDrive for Business and SharePoint are currently sent in the Default Language for the Site not the user's own Language. This is confusing for the end user. It's not possible to change the Default Language after a Site is Created. These notifications should be sent in the Default Language for the User's Profile, not the Site Default.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Don't display path to shared folder (all parent folders are visible)

When sharing a folder, anyone can see the whole file path to that shared folder.
    E.g. Files/Shared/.../.../SharedFolder

There is no privacy if every user with the link can see my drive structure.
    I know that they cannot access or see the other files or folders but I am very concerned about all people clicking through my folder tree.

In Google Drive for example, only the Name of the shared folder and the tree for the sub folders of said shared folder is displayed, not all the parent folders like in OneDrive.

This is a huge no-go!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Implement a feature to restrict sharing among tenant users.

■Title(件名):
    組織内のユーザーの共有を制御する機能の追加を要望いたします

Implement a feature to restrict sharing among tenant users.
    ■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business の共有について、現在組織内のユーザーは制御できないが、ユーザーが共有時に所属している部署、あるいはチーム、または特定のユーザーのみ選択可能にする機能の追加を要望いたします。

Currently in OneDrive for Business sharing feature, we cannot restrict users within our organization from sharing items.

For security reasons, when sharing items among internal users, implement the feature that allows users who attempt to share an item with others to share the item with only the department/team (or specific users) they belong to at that moment.

Thank you for your consideration.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Adding Shared Files/Folders to OneDrive for Business

We would like to have the ability to "add to OneDrive" for shared files on OneDrive for Business accounts, not just OneDrive personal.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Public (without logging in) upload to a shared folder

Make it possible to create a share forlder with Bill, send the link to him at bill@gates.com and let Bill just click on the link and upload/create files to that folder without signing. Folders could also be password protected so that Bill needs to know that to access the share.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Implement a feature to import the sync setting from another PC

■Title(件名):
    共有元フォルダーの同期設定について

Implement a feature to import the sync setting from another PC
    ■Description(内容):
    現在、OneDrive for Business ならびに SharePoint Online で共有されたフォルダーの同期を実施する際、共有元のフォルダーにアクセスして同期を実施する必要がある。
    複数端末で同期設定を実施する場合、上記操作を実施するのに時間がかかるため、設定済み PC 内の同期内容をエクスポートし、別 PC に同期設定情報をインポートする機能の追加を希望します。

To sync folders which are shared by OneDrive for Business or SharePoint Online, users need to access the original folders first and then perform the sync. It takes time if you want to perform sync setting at multiple devices, therefore, we hope the feature will be implemented to export the sync settings of a PC and then import the settings to another PC.

Thank you for your consideration.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add default sharing option - People with existing access

Currently we can not set a default sharing option to be People with exisiting access. Please enable this (sharepoint/onedrive).

45 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 15 16
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Feedback and Knowledge Base