OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Office apps Word, Excel slow saving when File Collaboration setting is ON in OneDrive

Office apps Word and Excel are very slow the first time you save a document when the File Collaboration setting is ON in OneDrive. This is because Office saves the file to the cloud even if the file has not yet been shared. A better method would be to only save the file to the cloud first if the file has been shared, otherwise save the file to the local OneDrive folder and allow OneDrive to sync the file to the cloud.

96 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Ensure multiple people can read documents without synchronization issues

Referring ticket # 17174503

"When two or more people are working on a document at the same time, they might make changes that conflict with each other. Conflicts can occur when one person works offline and then saves the document to the server. Conflicts can also occur when two people work on the same part of a document at exactly the same time. When edits conflict, the file would display a notification the next time that a user tries to save the document. The conflicts must be resolved before you can save the document to the cloud.
    In OneDrive sync…

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Consistent sharing behavior for Office file types and custom file types

Make a sharing behavior the same for both Office files types and custom files types.

Current behavior:
    File Handlers 2.0 allow to register custom files types (that can be configured to open by custom web applications) for Office365 tenant.
    When you share this custom file type, a person who receives sharing link will download the file when after clicking on the link. Instead of downloading, the file should have been opened in a custom web application that the file is configured to open.

For instance, for Office file types, when a person clicks on a shared Office file - it…

192 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Integrating SharePoint and OneDrive with Autodesk Revit

We are construction company and I'm extremely happy to see one step in the right direction that Microsoft Office 365 is integrating with DWG.. but both MS and Autodesk already knows that AEC industry is moving towards BIM and they should go ahead and attach A360 viewer like thing with SharePoint. As a large partner of MS as a construction company we will really like to see that MS is doing thing in this direction which will increase our usage of platform which in turn benefits all of us.

54 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow users to play video shared in OneDrive in full screen in default

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDriveで共有された動画を全画面で再生開始する機能
    Allow users to play video shared in OneDrive in full screen in default

■Description(内容):
    OneDriveで共有された動画のリンクをクリックした際に、デフォルトで全画面再生される機能の拡充を希望します

I would like to see the feature to play videos in full screen in default when users click those videos which share within OneDrive.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow us to control editing by users who are shared the notebook in a pat of OneNote notebook

■Title(件名):
    OneNote ノートブック上の一部の箇所のみ、配布したユーザーが編集できないようにしたい。
    Allow us to control editing by users who are shared the notebook in a pat of OneNote notebook

■Description(内容):
    OneNote ノートブックでテンプレートを作成し、ユーザーにそのテンプレートをもとに編集していただく運用を予定しているため、作成者が記入したテンプレートの箇所のみ他のユーザーが編集できない機能の実装をお願いします。

I created template in OneNote notebook and share it with other users and ask users to edit based on the template. Therefore, I would like to see the feature to control editing the template part by users to avoid the template will be edited by users who are not the template owner.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Remove un-synced library from explorer

I stopped syncing a shared document library but the folder remained in my file explorer.

Because the un-synced folder remained in explorer I accidentally deleted the other synced library, which deleted all of the files in the library. Removing the un-synced folder from explorer immediately would prevent this user error in the future.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. OneDrive for Business External Sharing permission set to "Anyone"

Please allow to set OneDrive for Business External Sharing to "Anyone" without changing SharePoint External Sharing permission.

Currently, we cannot change OneDrive for Business External Sharing permission to "Anyone" if SharePoint External Sharing permission is set not to share with External organization.

We want to enable this feature so we can set Expiration Date and Password when sharing files to Anyone thru OneDrive for Business.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Provide us the feature to define and select uploading folder automatically based on file name

■Title(件名):
    ファイル名からアップロードするフォルダーを自動的に判別する機能を追加してほしい。
    Provide us the feature to define and select uploading folder automatically based on file name

■Description(内容):
    共有先の会社ごとにフォルダーを分けて運用しているが、アップロードするファイルを別の会社のフォルダーに入れてしまう人為的なミスを防ぐために、ファイル名から判断して自動的にアップロードするフォルダーを選択する機能や、誤ったフォルダーにファイルを格納してしまった場合にエラーを出す機能を追加してほしい。

I’m using divided folders based on each shared external organization. To avoid human error that someone upload in the wrong organization folders, I would like to see the feature to define and select uploading folder automatically based on file name or the feature to show an error message to users when they upload files in wrong folder.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. sync seems to take forever - be nice if you could see some kind of status/ priority of the files in sync and then manipulate them

thats it... view and be able to decide the priority of syncing files to enable more efficient working.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Prevent shared PDF files from being downloaded

Blocking the Download for Office Documents works great.
    But it is still possible to download PDF Files

This would be great !

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. There is a problem with file sharing on OneDrive. I am using a personal one drive and a business one drive (given by the university) at the

There is a problem with file sharing on OneDrive.
    I am using a personal one drive and a business one drive (given by the university) at the same time.
    After another individual user shared a folder for my two identities, Personal OneDrive could accept the share, but Business OneDrive could not accept the share.
    Why does this happen?
    If you check the shared email and click the 'Accept' button, you will be prompted to sign in to your OneDrive account. I'm connected to OneDrive for Business with the same ID, but when I click the 'Accept' button in the email…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Don't display path to shared folder (all parent folders are visible)

When sharing a folder, anyone can see the whole file path to that shared folder.
    E.g. Files/Shared/.../.../SharedFolder

There is no privacy if every user with the link can see my drive structure.
    I know that they cannot access or see the other files or folders but I am very concerned about all people clicking through my folder tree.

In Google Drive for example, only the Name of the shared folder and the tree for the sub folders of said shared folder is displayed, not all the parent folders like in OneDrive.

This is a huge no-go!

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Allow users to prioritize the sync

As I share a lot big files with my team, I would like to be able to prioritize the synchronization of the different files to make the most important available as quick as possible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. check in / out files through win explorer and mac finder

Please provide option to Check-In files in Windows File Explorer. We work with file groupes (.dwg, .ifc, .vwx) which need be be synct offline This is forcing us to go to SharePoint online, check the files, edit the files offline save them and after sync to Check the files again online even though we post the files in Windows explorer.
    This would be very welcome to autodesk and vectorworks users.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow Drag and Drop folders and files

Allow Drag and Drop folders and files from and to - Emails, Calendar & especially Teams.

The folders here address any folders (with security in mind), i.e. to avoid download files and then only share steps.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow shared files to be placed in the personal vault.

The personal vault is a great new addition to one drive. Providing a capability to share documents in the vault would be great. I am thinking probably like legal documents with your spouse would be a good example

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Display the process of the updates and the number of remaining files until it is completed via App.

■Title(件名): OneDrive アプリからファイルをアップロードする際の表示について

Display the process of the updates and the number of remaining files until it is completed via App.

■Description(内容): ​​
    ​現在のOneDrive アプリのファイルのアップロードと自動アップロード機能は、ファイル数が多量の場合に「アップロード中」の表示が消える。残りファイル数が表示されないことで、所用時間や、アップロードが完了したことを確認できないという困難があります。
    そのため、アップロードが完了するまではプロセスが進行中である旨の表示と残りのファイル数を視覚的に確認できるよう機能を改善して欲しい。​

For now, OneDrive app's file upload/auto-uploading feature confirms that the “Uploading” is not displaying if there are many files existed. By not displaying the number of remaining files, there is a difficulty to confirm the required time and upload completion timing by users.

Please add the feature that the user can be visually confirmed by displays for the process is ongoing and the number of remaining files until the upload is…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow OneDrive to be a Shared Drive Replacement

My idea is simple, why create the division between OneDrive and SharePoint? e.g. OneDrive for personal files, SharePoint for sharing?

It creates confusion for users and begs the question why?

Why not allow organizations to be flexible with their options, what if you want to have things in a centralized cloud-enabled shared drive for the entire organization, with some basic permissions?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. OneDrive space for a company or group should be able to be combined

OneDrive space of a member of a group is limited to 1 TB. The enterprise admin should be given the opportunity to combine these spaces to a larger volume, where a shared and well-organized library can be placed, instead of users sharing different items located in own OneDrive spaces and then also allocate smaller spaces then 1 TB to users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 22 23
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories