OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Issue where users cannot share with invited guest users from the sync client

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    ユーザーが招待したゲストユーザーに、同期クライアントから共有できない事象について
    Issue where users cannot share with invited guest users from the sync client

■Description(内容):
    ユーザーがブラウザー上から外部のユーザーをゲストユーザーとして招待したあと、登録されたゲストユーザーへ同期クライアントから共有しようとした場合に、[完全一致が見つかりません] というエラーが表示されて共有出来ない事象が発生する場合があります。回避策はあるものの、管理者側でのゲストユーザーのアカウントを確認したり、共有をブラウザーから行う必要があり、一般ユーザーが外部のユーザーを招待したり同期クライアントからの共有を行うことが多い環境では運用上望ましくありません。
    ゲストユーザーを登録する場合のアカウントを適切に登録する、または同期クライアントから共有の際にメールアドレスで組織内での名前解決が出来るよう機能の改善を希望します。

There are confirmed issues where sometimes if a user invites an external user as a guest user via the browser, and then attempts to share with that user, now registered as a guest user, using the sync client, the error “Exact match not found” is shown and they cannot share.
    Even though there are workarounds, it is necessary to check guest user accounts on the admin side, and share via the browser, which is not appropriate for an…

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Function to notify admins when files with a certain string in the file name are shared from one user to another

■Title(件名):
    特定のワードがファイル名に含まれたファイルが、組織内ユーザー (User A) から組織内ユーザー (User B) に共有されたとき、管理者が気づくための標準機能がほしい (例 : アラートで通知される、共有がブロックされる、など)
    Function to notify admins when files with a certain string in the file name are shared from one user to another

■Description(内容):
    特定のワードがファイル名に含まれたファイルが、組織内ユーザー (User A) から組織内ユーザー (User B) に共有されたとき、管理者が気づくための標準機能がほしい (例 : アラートで通知される、共有がブロックされる、など)

Please add a function where administrators can notice instances where files containing specific words in the file name are shared from one user to another within the company, such as alert notifications or blocking the share, etc.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Enable the display of files I have shared within the OneDrive sync app

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive 同期アプリにて共有したファイルを表示できるようにしたい。
    Enable the display of files I have shared within the OneDrive sync app

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive 同期アプリで、共有したファイルを表示させたい場合、共有用のフォルダを作り、フォルダー毎に同期の設定が必要であり手間である。
    通常利用するOneDrive のフォルダーにて共有したファイルも表示できる機能の拡充を希望します。

In the OneDrive sync app, if you want to see files you have shared, you need to create a folder specially for sharing and set the sync settings for each folder, which takes a lot of work.
    Please add a way to see files which are shared within regular OneDrive folders.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. File Request expiration policy serperate from Anyone links

Currently the File Request expiration is the same as that set for Anyone links. But often you want to set the Anyone links expiration to a few weeks and we would like the File Request expiration to be indefinite. Otherwise if you use the File Request feature you have to keep sharing a link if you want this for a long term process.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Behavior when sharing with personal OneDrive

■Title(件名):
    個人用 OneDrive に共有した際の動作
    Behavior when sharing with personal OneDrive

■Description(内容):
    利用するアカウントに共有されたファイルは、[共有] よりアクセスが可能可です。
    しかしながら、法人用アカウントにて作成し共有されたファイルは、個人用の [共有] には表示されません。
    さらなる製品の利便性向上のため、法人 => 個人、もしくは個人 => 法人の場合でも、[共有] に表示されるよう機能の拡張を要望します。

You can access files that have been shared with the account in use using “Shared”.
    However, files created and shared on a business account do not show in the “Shared” area of the personal account.
    In order to improve the usability of these products, please make it so that files show up in “Shared” for both business -> personal and personal -> business sharing cases.

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Allow use of the SharePoint/OneDrive apps by guest users

■Title(件名):
    ゲストアカウントによる SharePoint / OneDrive アプリを利用できるようにしてほしい。
    Allow use of the SharePoint/OneDrive apps by guest users

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online や OneDrive for Business でゲストとして登録しているアカウントにファイルを共有した場合、ゲストが iPhone の SharePoint アプリや OneDrive アプリで利用できるようにしてほしい。

Please make it possible for users registered as guest users in SharePoint Online or OneDrive for Business to use the SharePoint and OneDrive apps for iPhone when files have been shared with them.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I want to restrict editing on inter-user internal sharing

■Title(件名):
    内部ユーザー同士の共有にて、編集の許可を制限したい
    I want to restrict editing on inter-user internal sharing

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business において、テナント内のユーザー間での共有設定に既定で編集を制限する方法がありません。
    共有元ユーザーにて [編集を許可する] のチェックを都度外す必要があるため、既定で編集権限を制限する設定機能を要望します。

There is no way to restrict editing by default for sharing between users in a tenant on OneDrive for Business.
    Since this requires sharing users to uncheck the “Allow editing” box each time, please add a way to restrict the editing option by default.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. I want to share via the file path from the sync client

■Title(件名):
    同期クライアントからファイルパスにて共有を行いたい
    I want to share via the file path from the sync client

■Description(内容):
    現時点で同期クライアントにてパスを取得するとローカル パスでの取得となり共有が行えない。
    同期クライアントからファイルパスを取得し共有する機能の実装を希望いたします。

At present, there is no way to get a file path in the sync client and share using that local path.
    Please add a way to get the local path from the sync client and use this to share items.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Changing file and folder names when using anonymous links

■Title(件名):
    匿名リンク使用時のフォルダーやファイル名の変更について
    Changing file and folder names when using anonymous links

■Description(内容):
    現在匿名リンクで共有された共有先のユーザーはフォルダー名やファイル名の変更が出来ない動作である。
    そのため、匿名リンクを使用したままフォルダーやファイル名の変更ができるよう機能の拡充を要望します。

Currently, users who have files or folders shared with them via anonymous links cannot change the names of those files/folders.
    Please add a way to allow them to do this.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Replace documents such as PDF with a new version but keep the same shared links

The ability to be able to replace any document with an updated version without having to replace previosuly shared links should be way at the top of the priority list. Google Drive has provided this functionality for years and I'm absolutely astounded that this isn't supported by OneDrive. Time to step into the 21st Centruy Microsoft!!

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Privacy settings when creating a site from "Create shared library" in OneDrive for Business

OneDrive for Business の [共有ライブラリの作成] からサイトを作成する際のプライバシーの設定について
    Privacy settings when creating a site from "Create shared library" in OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business の [共有ライブラリの作成] から Microsoft 365 グループに接続したサイトを作成する際の "プライバシーの設定" にて、テナントの管理者権限を持つユーザーは [パブリック] および [プライベート] を選択可能とし、管理者以外のユーザーは [プライベート] のみ選択可能としたい。
    ユーザーに自由にパブリックのサイトを作成させないように制限したいため、該当の機能の実装を要望します。

When creating a site connected to a Microsoft 365 group from [Create shared library] in OneDrive for Business, I'd like users with tenant administrator privileges to be able to select [Public] and [Private] in "Privacy settings" while non-administrators only to select [Private].
    Please make this possible so we can restrict users from freely creating public sites.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Exclude specific files and folders from syncing

I store programming projects on my one drive. These programming download libraries from external repositories and do not require to be synced. Let user set excludes on specific filenames/folder names.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add a way to change permissions after an item on OneDrive for Business has been shared with “Anyone in the organization with the link”

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business [リンクを知っている組織のユーザー] で共有後の権限変更の機能を追加してほしい
    Add a way to change permissions after an item on OneDrive for Business has been shared with “Anyone in the organization with the link”

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business で、[特定のユーザー] で共有した場合は、共有後に 編集可能 ⇔ 表示可能の権限変更が可能だが、[リンクを知っている組織のユーザー] で共有した場合は権限変更ができない。
    [リンクを知っている組織のユーザー] で共有した際は権限変更するのにリンクを作り直す必要があるため、[特定のユーザー] で共有した場合と同じように、簡単に権限変更できるよう機能を統一してほしい。

On OneDrive for Business, if you share something with “Specified users”, you can change their permissions between editing and viewing afterwards, however you cannot do this if you share with “Anyone in the organization with the link”.
    In order to change permissions after sharing in this way, it is necessary to remake the link,…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Shared/Collaborative album features similar to Google Photos

Now that Google Photos free storage is a thing of the past, it is an excellent opportunity for OneDrive to shine. As OneDrive Premium features, I would like the following to be implemented to be on par with Google Photos:

1/ Collaborative/shared albums - Google Photos had this since inception and it is a great feature to invite collaborators to add photos to a shared album. There is an existing request here: https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/913531-onedrive-sharing-collaboration/suggestions/7160581-co-authored-albums

2/ Partner sharing -
    Enter or select an email address. You can then invite someone with a Microsoft Account.
    Select which photos to add to your partner…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Information displayed in the Sharing tab

■Title(件名):
    共有タブの表示機能について
    Information displayed in the Sharing tab

■Description(内容):
    One Drive for Business で共有機能を利用していますが、共有タブ内は個人で共有したアイテムのみの表示となっており、グループで共有したアイテムは表示されません。
    グループで共有したアイテムも共有タブに表示可能になるよう機能拡充を希望します。

We are using the sharing function in OneDrive for Business, but only items shared with individuals are shown in the Sharing tab, not items shared with groups.
    Please add a way to show items shared with groups in the Sharing tab.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Prevent users from accepting sharing on OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business で共有を受け入れないように制限したい。
    Prevent users from accepting sharing on OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    ユーザーが OneDrive for Business を利用することは設定によって制限できるが、 他のユーザーから OneDrive for Business のアイテムを共有できないように制限する機能がない。
    共有を受けるユーザー側の設定により、他のユーザーが OneDrive for Business に保存したアイテムを共有できないように制限する機能の拡充を要望します。

It is possible to set restrictions on users for OneDrive for Business, but there is no way to stop OneDrive for Business items being shared with them by other users.
    Please add a setting to prevent other users from being able to share items saved in OneDrive for Business with your users.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Synchronization of files "shared with me" in One Drive Windows explorer

It would be really useful to access the files that are shared with me directly from Windows explorer instead of accessing them only in the internet browser.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Option for SharePoint Online doc libs to disable "Add shortcut to OneDrive"

If I disable "Offline Client Availability" on a SharePoint Online doc lib, I still see the option to "Add shortcut to OneDrive", however if I click on it, I get an error message saying that the administrator has disabled this functionality. But, I can still see the shortcut, and access the library in the OneDrive web interface. I would like a way to disable the option completely.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. when unsyncing from one drive, give the person the choice whether to delete from computer or one drive

currently laptops are set up automatically syncing whether we like it or not, and whether we know/understand or not. Then when you select files/folders you dont want to sync, it automatically deletes them from the pc/laptop, keeping them on the cloud, instead of giving customers the choice where to keep them. I would like to un-sync and leave the files on my laptop.

Also, this option needs to be an separate opt in checkbox - not forcing anyone who wishes to take the time to provide feedback with being spammed as a result "and to notify me about product updates"

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Turn Off Popular Around Me

Add option to "Turn Off Popular Around Me" on user level for OneDrive for Business.

208 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base