OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. I want a single set of shared folders across the whole company which I can invite users to under specific permissions.

I want a single set of folders relevant to my organisation which I can allow existing or new users to access. As people come in and out of my company I want to be able to fine-grained permissions to people about what they can/cant do with the folders and content.

I DONT want content to be assigned to specific people so that when they leave their content is obliterated. I want content to be assigned and shared to the company, not individuals who may be transient.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow sharing of OneDrive for Business between organizations.

I have a url for a publicly shared OneDrive and need to download the files on a regular schedule. The Folders on the other OneDrive for Business are all in folders that contain zip files and there is no login so I can't join or share it with my OneDrive for Business.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Make it possible to change the sharing settings on Local PC by using Batch file or .ps1 file

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    バッチ ファイルやスクリプトを使用してローカル PC 上で共有設定を変更できるようにしたい

Make it possible to change the sharing settings on Local PC by using Batch file or .ps1 file
    ■Description(内容):
    WEB の OneDrive for Business から共有を実施するのは手間がかかるため、ローカルにてバッチ ファイルや PS 1 ファイルを作成し、共有状態の解除や変更ができるようにして欲しい

As it takes time and effort to share items from OneDrive for Business on the web, for improvement of usability and manageability, please allow us to stop/change sharing by using Batch file or .ps1 file created locally.

Thank you for your consideration.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. A OneDrive folder you can not share files from

We would like to shed my on premise file storage and have all our users use OneDrive for Business. We would like to have a folder created in everyone's OneDrive that they can not accidentally share files from consider it a "safe' folder. The user would have to deliberately move the document out of the "Safe" folder to another area or folder before they could share it .

This "Safe" folder would be added protection to prevent theaccidental/unintentional sharing trade secrets, personal information, etc...

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Delete a deleted user’s OneDrive for Business at the same time when deleting the user’s account from Office 365

■Title(件名):
    Office 365 からユーザー アカウントを削除した際に、削除ユーザーの OneDrive for Business も同時に削除される機能の要望

Delete a deleted user’s OneDrive for Business at the same time when deleting the user’s account from Office 365
    ■Description(内容):
    現在、Office 365 からユーザーを削除すると、削除されたユーザーの OneDrive for Business 上のデータが一定期間残され、他のユーザーが共有アイテムにアクセスできてしまう。
    ユーザーを削除した際に、OneDrive for Business そのものを削除する機能や、共有されてるユーザーが削除されたユーザーの OneDrive for Business へアクセスできないよう選択する機能を追加してほしい。

Currently, even though we deleted a user from Office 365, the data of the deleted user’s OneDrive for Business remains for a certain period of times. This might cause the problem because other users can access the shared items of deleted user’s OneDrive for Business.

Therefore, I hope you to implement the…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Correct the behavior when editing the same file with multiple users in off-line environment.

■Title(件名):
    共同編集しているユーザーがオフライン中に更新した変更内容がオンライン時に上書きされる動作について

Correct the behavior when editing the same file with multiple users in off-line environment.
    ■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 同期クライアントを利用して、Excel 2016 で共同編集をしている。
    この時、共同編集中の複数のユーザーがオフライン環境で編集した内容がオンラインに切り替わった際にファイルに上書き保存されるが、後からオンラインになったユーザーの変更内容が上書き保存されてしまう。
    同一のセルを編集していた場合にも "マージされませんでした" といった競合に関するエラーが表示されず、そのまま上書きされてしまう。
    他の変更内容を上書きしないよう、共同編集時にもエラーが表示されるようにしてほしい。

Currently, we perform co-authoring in Excel 2016 by using OneDrive for Business sync client.
    At this time, when contents edited in an offline environment by multiple users under co-authoring are switched to online, they are overwritten and saved in the file. However, the problem we recognize is that the edited contents of the user who became online later will always overwrite the file. It will be overwritten without…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. The errors are displayed when editing an Excel file synced with OneDrive for Business in Office client

■Title(件名):
    同期している共有 Excel ファイルを Office クライアントにて編集する際にエラーが表示される事象について

The errors are displayed when editing an Excel file synced with OneDrive for Business in Office client
    ■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 同期クライアントにて同期している Excel ファイルを複数のユーザーと共有している。
    Excel を起動した際に、"ブロックされたアップロード" や "サーバー側から読み取り専用で開いています"、"マージできませんでした" というダイアログがファイルの上部に表示されてしまう。
    自動保存を無効化することで回避できるが、エラーが発生することなく他のユーザーと共同編集できるよう改善してほしい。

We are sharing an Excel file synced with OneDrive for Business sync client with multiple users. As we launch Excel, the errors such as “Upload blocked”, “Unable to merge” and “This file is opening as read-only from the server” are displayed at the top of the file unexpectedly.

Although it can be avoided by disabling AutoSave feature, we hope you…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Cannot upload files uploaded by using “Open with Explorer” normally

■Title(件名):
    エクスプローラーで表示機能を使ってアップロードしたファイルが正常にアップロードできない

Cannot upload files uploaded by using “Open with Explorer” normally
    ■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business にファイルをアップロードする際に、をエクスプローラーで表示機能を利用して容量の大きなファイルを OneDrive for Business へ移動すると、アップロードが正常に完了しないことがある。
    ファイルの移動をしたあと、別の作業をしたりエクスプローラーを更新すると、アップロードしたファイルが消えてしまう。
    OneDrive for Business 上にファイルの名前は表示されるも、容量が 0 KB となっている。
    ファイルのアップロードができない場合に確認可能なエラー メッセージの表示や、アップロードが正常に完了できるよう改善してほしい。

I would like to inform you that the uploads might not be completed normally when uploading big size files to OneDrive for Business by using “Open with Explorer” command.
    After moving those files to OneDrive for Business, the uploaded files will be disappeared once you do another operation or refresh Explorer. The names of uploaded files are still displayed but it says the file size…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Preserve offline files across sessions on apps

When you are forced to log in again on the iOS app (for instance, if your password changes - which happens regularly in a lot of corporate setups) any downloaded files from shared locations get deleted.
    This can be quite annoying if every few months your AD password expires, all your downloaded shared files have to be downloaded again to use offline.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. OneDrive Share Feature

For each single option of Share for a file or folder, adding:
    - Expiry date (actually on Anyone only)
    - Allow Editing (actually on Anyone/People in org/Specific People)
    - One Time Password (actually on Specific People only)
    - Allow link forward (non-existent on any options)

Those above would give more control on the share facility
    Thanks

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. photo

Shared photos don't seem to be searchable.

I have shared a small folder with a family member, she opened the link and can now view those files. All is well, to a point.
    I use Lightroom 6 and tagging for the photos. The tags are uploaded to Onedrive and I can see the tags online in the information of the files.
    On my own account on a separate computer, the files are syncronized to that onedrive folder, but the tags to not accompany the photos.

Back to the shared folder - the other user can search their own folders and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Provide the feature that allows syncing only on specific PCs without joining those PCs to specific domains

■Title(件名):
    ドメイン管理を行っていない環境で、特定の端末のみ同期を許可する機能の実装について。

Provide the feature that allows syncing only on specific PCs without joining those PCs to specific domains
    ■Description(内容):
    一部の PC 端末のみ、同期を許可する設定を行う場合、OneDrive 管理センター内の [同期] から、 "指定のドメインに参加している PC 上でのみ同期を許可する" にて、ドメインに参加した PC のみ、同期を許可することが可能。
    ドメイン管理が行えない環境にて、同様に特定の端末の同期を許可したいが、現時点では機能がないことを確認。
    そのため、ドメイン管理が行えない環境でも、特定の端末のみ同期を許可し、他の端末は同期が行えないよう制御できる機能の実装をお願いいたします。

To make sure that users sync OneDrive files only on some specific PCs, you can configurate OneDrive to sync only on PCs that are joined to the specific domains by selecting “Allow syncing only on computers joined to specific domains” options from [Sync] in OneDrive Admin center.

We would like to allow only specific PCs to sync in case we are not…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Xbox Upload issue

When uploading from Xbox captures, the Xbox says it was uploaded but it doesn't show up in my drive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. add telephone support

that's right - actual support for us paying customers

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. support Chrome

support the Chrome browser - it's not currently supported with OneDrive functions like the install piece!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Make it possible to use the option [Browse notebooks] when adding a OneNote tab while restricting the use of OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business 制限した状態でも Microsoft Teams の OneNote タブの追加時に [ノートブックの参照] を利用できるようにして欲しい。

Make it possible to use the option [Browse notebooks] when adding a OneNote tab while restricting the use of OneDrive for Business
    ■Description(内容):
    運用上 OneDrive for Business の利用を制限している状態ですが、Microsoft Teams にて OneNote タブの追加時に [ノートブックの参照] が利用できない動作を確認している。
    SharePoint Online にて共有されている OneNote ファイルのタブを追加する際に OneNote ファイルの参照ができないと不便に感じます。
    OneDrive for Business を制限した状態でも Microsoft Teams の OneNote タブの追加時に [ノートブックの参照] を利用できるようにして欲しい。

We restrict the use of OneDrive for Business in our operation, and it is confirmed that we are not able to select the option [Browse notebooks] when adding a OneNote tab.
    It…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Transfer Ownership

I made a back up of a relative's old laptop and all her files are now in my OneDrive. I shared them with her OneDrive. But, I don't want them in my account anymore. How can I transfer ownership?! Is there already such a feature?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. I'm sure this has been suggested many times, but i'll just add my voice to the chorus

I'm sure this has been suggested many times, but i'll just add my voice to the chorus anyway. We'd like to see a "no share" option with OneDrive. Keep all the existing sharing features, but add a simple storage-only option. Most people don't need to share (at least at our company), but do need the cloud storage (it makes replacing PC's A LOT easier). Any chance we'll see this in the near future? Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Make it less confusing when opening anonymous links while logged with business account

I have no hope explaining my users why when they create an anonymous sharing link and then try to open it just to make sue it works (while being logged in a browser with their Office 365 business account) it just doesn't work. They then think it is not working in general and then go to use WeTransfer, Dropbox, because OneDrive "doesn't work". I know that anonymous links should be opened with some generic guest user, but it should be handled more gracefully. Lately it become worse as the browser will remember your first try to open such link and…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Auto collect photos from shared album

I have O365 and use OneDrive to store and share photos with friends also have O365. It is very painful to download the photos from my friend's OneDrive and upload them to my own OneDrive. Can we have a auto collect photo feature. Instead of downloading, one can auto collect photos or album from friend's shared albums. Thx!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base