OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Notify shared users when files/photos added to shared folder

Users are notified when a folder is shared with them. But if files/photos are added after the folder has been shared the user is not notified that there is something new to look at.
    A good example is sharing a photo album with family where photos would be added to the album over time.

Can some option be added to notify shared users when a folder has had new items added to it?

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. you cannot sync files with an SPACE at beginning or the end? hows Dropbox doing it?

So if i put a 2000 files in a folder and 250 files have a space at beginning or end, ive to start correcting all of it???

Again! Go and learn from Dropbox

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. go on Dropbox.com and see how Filesharing works.... :)

Are you guys serious? you can not share a folder between Business and home users? only in browser links?

Im a network admin and ive just spent 2h to share a folder between business and personal... even support hotline couldn help! The business support asked me if i can contact the home support for help :)))))

thats so stupid!

Go and learn from the best... in the meanwhile, am going to spread the word with all my customers!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to UNLINK computers from my account ONLINE.

I accidentally left a computer i was using linked to my one drive account and i can't unlink it and i don't want the user to know it needs to be unlinked because they may delete or use my file content. I want to be able to remove a computer from my account ONLINE. Example (xbox, netflix) i can remove any systems i no longer want to grant access from my system or from my online account)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Option to Disable Group Sharing

In the tenant configuration spaces for controlling the internal/external and default sharing options - please include a stricter "internal only" sharing control that filters out internal security groups from being selected to share files/folders with. In our organization we have SharePoint/Teams for team collaboration therefore the notion of needing to share a personal OneDrive file with a security group usually implies that is collaboration work. We would like users to have to manually pick individuals within the organization only.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Sync OneDrive Photo Album and Windows Photos App tags / people recognition

Windows 10 Photos App is great!
    I would need the information / tags / people recognition synced to OneDrive - so the information is not local only and can be shared with other PCs / people as well (and be backed up in cloud)

24 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Multi user document editing.

Just google drive - allow multiple users to be in the doc at once and when using locally.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Support Linked Excel Files

Excel on OneDrive doesn't support linked workbooks, i.e. links between workbooks are broken each time OneDrive syncs. This is crazy as so many users have linked workbooks on there desktop machines.

Microsoft had an enterprise solution that worked in 2005, so why can't you port that across to OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Support for multiple OneDrive root folder names

Currently the name of the OneDrive root folder conatins the company name specified in the O365 organization Profile.

It's not uncommon for an oganization to host different domains representing different companies whos name does not necessary match the organization.

Please introduce the ability to specify a "company name" for each added domain (to override the one specified in the organization profile)

Afterwards, use the "company name" value to name the OneDrive root folder and other relevant part of the o365 experience

Alternatively, simply add a personal preference to allow specifying on user basis the name of the offline folder

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Remove overlapping legacy "Share" interface elements from Windows File Explorer

In Windows 10, the Windows File Explorer interface still displays interface elements in the contextual menus on files/folders and in the Ribbon to share files with specific people through non-OneDrive methods. This ends up confusing users who don't realize that this isn't OneDrive sharing.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. OneDrive Sync to display why set to readonly

ODfB will set the Sync copy to ReadOnly if the Sharepoint document library settings for any one of Content Approval, Check Out, Draft Item Security, Mandatory Columns, Custom Views, Limited Lockdown Permissions or Permissions is incompatible with requirements. The ODfB client should display a checklist of the attributes that are required and indicate which one(s) are causing the ReadOnly setting to be set.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Newest-first shared album display

I've shared an album using a published link, but been advised that it's not possible to change the photo display order from oldest-first. This means that repeat visitors will need to scroll to the end every time to check for newly-posted items. Can the 'newest first' sort order be applied to an album?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. tag

Unify photo tags and document properties (not currently visible). Unified search and tag/property management.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Expand the feature of Multi-GEO

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Multi-Geo機能にて JPN から EUR に変更したユーザーの OneDrive for Business で、コンテンツ検索の検索結果プレビューが行えない。

Expand the feature of Multi-GEO

■Description(内容):
    Multi-Geo機能にて JPN から EUR に変更したユーザーの OneDrive for Business に対してコンテンツ検索を行い、検索結果プレビューを行おうとしたが、エラーが表示され行えない。
    調査の結果、Exchange Online のテナントが日本のデータセンターに存在する場合、今回の操作は現在サポートされていないと確認した。
    Exchange Online のテナントが日本のデータセンターに存在する場合でも、検索結果プレビューが行えるように機能の追加をしてほしい。

We would like to inform you about the problem we are facing after we have changed the region of OneDrive for Business contents from JPN to EUR by using Multi-GEO. We are now receiving an error when attempting contents search to OneDrive for Business, and the search result preview cannot be displayed.

As we investigated this problem, we found out that the action we were trying…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Differentiate sharing rights by groupmembership

Within our company we would like to have some users to be able to share documents with people outside the company, but other users should only be able to share internally.

It would be great if this could be assigned by groupmembership. Now this has to be done with scripting and as we all know this has disadvantages when failing.

This is already possible with the regions, why not make this possible within a region and groups.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. SORTING in Albums gets unsorted

ALBUMS: once I put the files here AFTER sorting and saving it on File Folder. the pictures in the Album get unsorted out. This should not happen and does not make sense.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow us to change the destination of deleted files with OneDrive sync client

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive 同期クライアントにて、ファイルを削除した場合の動作
    Allow us to change the destination of deleted files with OneDrive sync client

■Description(内容):
    ファイルを削除すると、同期しているすべての PC にある [ごみ箱] に入る。
    削除しても [ごみ箱] に入らないように設定できる機能を追加してほしい。

We sync the items by OneDrive sync client, and deleted files go to “Trash” for all synced devices.

For improving usability, we would like to have the feature or setting that user can control the destination of deleted items.

Thank you for your consideration.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Integrate OneDrive with outlook

OneDrive needs to be fully integrated into outlook app. Why is it easier to send OneDrive files from Gmail than from outlook. That ain't right.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base