OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Allow the option to turn off "embed" in OneDrive when sharing a PDF.

Allow the option to turn off "embed" in OneDrive when sharing a PDF.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Enable checking sharing status of items on OneDrive for Business via Explorer

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    エクスプローラーから共有の状態を確認できる機能の追加を希望

Enable checking sharing status of items on OneDrive for Business via Explorer

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 上に保存されているアイテムを別のユーザーに共有している状態、および別のユーザーから共有されている状態をエクスプローラーから確認できる機能の追加を希望いたします。エクスプローラー上の同期フォルダーから共有設定が行えるため、エクスプローラー上で完結できる機能を希望いたします。

I hope you to implement the feature that can check the sharing status of item on OneDrive for Business via Explorer, both items shared by me and items shared by other users.

The sharing settings can be done by sync folders on Explorer so that I hope that the checking sharing status should be able to be completed within the Explorer as well.

Thank you for your consideration.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Shared File/Folder changes notifications.

Dunno if this one has been posted yet, I see some stuff that's similar, but not really exactly the feature I'm looking for.

In particular, my mom has shared with me details about a planned trip out of the country via one-drive, and I'd like to get a notification if she makes any changes to her plans, so I can keep tabs on what she's up to over there.

And now that I'm thinking about it more, and reading the post below this comment box, it sounds very similar to that... >_<
    XD

I'd like a digest of changes, and…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Display simple the used storage size of libraries synched with local PC

■Title(件名):
    ローカル PC と同期しているライブラリの容量を分かりやすく表示する機能について

Display simple the used storage size of libraries synched with local PC

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 同期クライアントで同期しているデータの容量を確認する際に、同期フォルダーのプロパティに表示されるサイズやディスク上のサイズ、同期クライアントの設定画面など、様々箇所に容量が表示される。
    現在、同期フォルダーのプロパティに正確な数値が表示されない場合やクラウド上のドキュメント ライブラリの容量と差異があり、容量の確認が難しい。
    同期しているドキュメント ライブラリの容量を簡単に確認できるよう改善してほしい。

To confirm the consumed storage size of data which is synched with OneDrive for Business Sync client, there are many places the data to be displayed. For example, we can check the size in Sync folder properties, or on a disk, or in settings in Sync client, etc.
    Currently it is hard to confirm the storage size because sometimes the properties in Sync folder does not show the correct value (we noticed…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. assign a printer to one drive, allow remote printing to networks via onedrive

Allow user to set up a designated printer at work network that I can send print to from home.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Prevent the creation of a manually created folder in the root of the Tenant Client Synce Team sites

From the explorer view, and the root hierarchy of Team Site Sync'd data under the Tenant name. End-user are able to manually create a new folder and sub structure. This data does not get sync'd.

This results in data being resident to the device only, and not sync'd back.

If the same action is done from within a Team Site structure, the data is sync'd.

Need to understand how to limit/prevent users from creating this non-sync'd folder structure.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Generate SHARE LINK in advance ahead of time like DropBox!

I hate the fact that oneDrive has to wait for the file to be uploaded before a link is ready to share. This forces people like me to WAIT till that upload is finish in order to generate a share link.

In many other Cloud Sharing solutions like DropBox, the flow is much better.

As soon as you add a file in the ShareFolder, a share link is ready to be copy-pasted right away and if the other party visits that link and the file isn't done uploaded yet, it simply tells the user that the file is still uploading.…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. File system for chrome os

It would be nice to have an extension for the file manager in Chrome Os that fully supports Onedrive. There is actually one (I guess an independent third party) https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/file-system-for-onedrive/jbfdfcehgafdbfpniaimfbfomafoadgo but it doesn't work properly on my Chromebook.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow us to hide shared items stored in SharePoint at [Shared with me] view

■Title(件名):
    [自分と共有] ビューに SharePoint 上のアイテムを表示させないようにする機能を追加してほしい。
    Allow us to hide shared items stored in SharePoint at [Shared with me] view

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business の [自分と共有] ビューに SharePoint Online 上で共有されたアイテムも表示されるようになったが、誤って削除されるのを防ぐために、表示させないようにする 機能を追加してほしい。

At [Shared with me] view of OneDrive for Business, I would like to see the feature to hide shared items which are stored in SharePoint Online to prevent users deleting those items in mistake.

Thank you for your consideration

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Does not work on blackberry 10 anymore

It was the only cloud drive that worked on blackberry 10 devices until 2019 now it doesn't work

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Access Sharepoint shared folder in 'Shared with Me' in App

If I share a folder within a SharePoint library to a user (who has other access to the libary), I cannot see this folder in the "Shared with Me" when using either the Outlook for iOS or Android App. The folder DOES appear when using a browser so the permissions and access work.

Furthermore, if I open the email invitation to the shared folder on a phone/tablet and click on the link, the device will open OneDrive and into the shared folder. However, if I return to OneDrive at a later date, there is no way to get back to…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Improve the behavior when searching a file of OneDrive for Business via Office 365 audit log

■Title(件名):
    Office 365 監査ログの機能で OneDrive for Business のファイルを検索する際の動作について

Improve the behavior when searching a file of OneDrive for Business via Office 365 audit log

■Description(内容):
    Office 365 監査ログの機能で OneDrive for Business のファイルを検索する際、バージョン管理で設定されている範囲内であれば管理者にて抽出したログ時点でのファイルを出力できる機能の搭載を希望します。

When we search for a file of OneDrive for Business by using Office 365 audit log, we would like you to add the ability to be able to export the file of when admins acquired the logs, if the time was within the time range set by versioning.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Collaboration of Office 365 service and the third party service "ServiceMAX"

■Title(件名):
    他社製サービスとの連携機能について

Collaboration of Office 365 service and the third-party service "ServiceMAX"

■Description(内容):
    Office 365 と他社製サービスの "ServiceMAX" について、現時点では連携機能の用意がないため、機能の追加を希望します。

Currently we cannot perform collaboration work between Office 365 services and the third-party service “ServiceMax”. It will be great if we could have feature to work those two services together.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Manager / supervisor

It might be a good idea to have a person that is marked as a manager whom gets notifications when the files are updated. Then he or she can assess the workmanship of work done without calling or to go check if work was done.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Terms of Use Customization

Enable administrators to add 3 texts blocs or links to different Terms of Use (web pages) tailored to the specific business context:
    - for users who share documents,
    - for internal sharing recipients
    - and for external sharing recipients

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow users to move data from File Explorer to outside of the PC

■Title(件名):
    ファイル オンデマンド機能で同期を行っている場合のデータの移動について
    Allow users to move data from File Explorer to outside of the PC

■Description(内容):
    ファイル オンデマンド機能で同期の設定を行っている状況で、同期フォルダー内のデータをファイル サーバーなど PC 端末の外部へ移動することが可能な機能の搭載を希望します。

When users turn on Files On-Demand and sync their data, for improve the usability we would like to have the feature that allow users to move their data from sync folders to the outside of the device such as file servers

Thank you for your considerations.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Share to Youtube account

Why isn't YouTube an available partner to share video files with? YouTube has a rich API that can be integrated with.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Correct the behavior of the slider of External sharing setting in OneDrive admin center

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive 管理センターの外部共有の設定が反映しないため、修正してほしい。

Correct the behavior of the slider of External sharing setting in OneDrive admin center

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive 管理センター> [共有] >[外部共有] の設定で、共有レベルのスライドバーを変更して保存すると、更新中のまま正常に変更されないため、修正してほしい。

Even though we open OneDrive Admin Center> [Sharing] Tab > [External Sharing] and move the sliders to the settings we want and save it, the settings remain in the status being updating and do not change normally.

For improvement of usability, we hope you to correct this behavior so that we can adjust the settings of sharing level as desired.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sharing and editing of Office files which are attached in Shared Notebook

■Title(件名):
    共有したノートブックに添付されたファイルについて
    Sharing and editing of Office files which are attached in Shared Notebook

■Description(内容):
    共有したノートブック内に添付された Office ファイルについて、現時点ではノートブックの共有のみでは添付ファイルは共有されない動作のため、ノートブックの共有にて添付されたファイルについても共有され、複数ユーザーにて編集が可能となる機能の追加を希望します。

We attached Office files in shared Notebook, but those files are not shared when the Notebook is shared.

We would like to see the feature to share Notebook and attached Office file at the same time, and it would be great if multiple user will be able to edit those files.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories