OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. default share dialog on OD4B doesn't allow entering "everyone except external users"

When you click on share in OD4B, the dialog only allows getting links that work for everyone in the organization. But it doesn't allow you to enter "everyone except external users" when you want to share with everyone in teh company. The problem is that sometimes you want to change the permissions on the document so that everyone in the organization has access to it, but you don't want to send an email. There is currently no way to do that through the default share dialog.

you can do that through the details pane which allows you to enter "everyone…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Support the propagation of properties from Sharepoint into a synced File Explorer list

When document lists are set up on and O365 SharePoint site, you can add properties such as 'Description' or 'Release Date'. However, once this library is Sync'ed to File Explorer, the only thing that comes across is the file name. Hence, you end up with a long list of file names without knowing what the file is, as an example. I am using SharePoint to store my company's released procedures.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Implement the feature to restrict syncing files specified file names

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    指定したファイル名の同期を制御することについて

Implement the feature to restrict syncing files specified file names

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business の同期にて、指定したファイル名の同期を制御する機能を実装してほしい。

For OneDrive for Business, please implement the feature that can restrict syncing files which have specified file names.

Thank you for your consideration.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Ability to email and text people when sharing files

Was thinking it be great to have the ability to not just email shared content with participants, but also to text them. I am using remind and constant contact. My open rate on texting people vs emailing people to respond on shared files is so much higher. I think people respond best to text than email.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Acceso a todos tus archivos de la nube desde la PC pero sin descargarlos localmente

Debería haber una opción que permita ver todos los archivos y carpetas de OneDrive en la carpeta de la PC sin necesidad de que estén descargados en la PC, seria algo como un acceso directo, por así decirlo, y que solo se descarguen temporalmente si se requiere abrir el archivo. Seria una forma de trabajar con los discos sólidos de poca capacidad, de esta forma no se mantienen sino en un buffer temporal ciertos archivos consultados en el momento. Actualmente conocemos que existe una única opción que es evitar que se descarguen carpetas o archivos de nuestro OneDrive a la…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Have trouble renaming local versions of shared Onedrive data. Would be nice to be able to rename locally to organize.

Have trouble renaming local versions of shared Onedrive data. Would be nice to be able to rename locally to organize. We "Add to my one drive" and sync all our local version to the office Onedrive cloud. Can't retitle the local versions without messing with the sync.

Also, seems that Onedrive is not compatible with syncing some titles and it is hard to determine what is wrong with this title: IMG_4453.CR2

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Create share link from desktop

When you click on "Share" in Windows, the system opens a browser window to create a share link. That's mad. Why can't it be done natively in Windows?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow the user to set/select the languages for a sharing notification email when sending to the recipient by the setting.

Currently, I am aware of the behavior that the sharing notification is sent to the user automatically in the language of recipient's settings. I hope the language of the sharing notification email can be selected freely by the user who shared documents or folders.

380 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Come up with a design where OneDrive For Business can be set for External Sharing at each Individual User OneDrive level

Currently when you set OneDrive for External Sharing - its a tenant setting, meaning all users in a tenant with OneDrive can share externally. This is a nightmare for governance perspective for any mid to large corporation. OneDrive External Sharing needs to be configured in a way where a user's OneDrive can be configured for External Sharing and others are not.

Also to configure OneDrive for External Sharing, SharePoint Sites should not be a dependency to be configured for External Sharing. Now SharePoint sites can be created through many services and this is absolutely a big headache to manage.

Thanks

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. the onedrive web and mobile navigation tree should be the same as googledrive

the onedrive web and mobile navigation tree should be the same as googledrive

should be the same as Windows Explorer

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Sync an entire site collection

On local SharePoint, I was able to use Windows Explorer to sync files very easily by drag and drop. We have just switched to SharePoint Online and there is no way to do this without syncing and mapping every single drive, and I have HUNDREDS. Why would you take away that functionality?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Let me open documents in the source application instead of online application.

Documents that always open in the online application are frustrating, especially if it is a Word template that I simply want to use, not edit. Online does not allow me to just use it, it actually opens the template in editing mode. NOT GOOD.
    Allow me to decide how I want documents to open; online app or source app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Print to pdf.

Print emails to pdf and save to onedrive from outlook, is missing ... Pls fix

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Print to pdf.

Print emails to pdf and save to onedrive from outlook, is missing ... Pls fix

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow image hosting for sites like amazon and ebay using a url+filename to make automation easy.

Allow image hosting for sites like amazon and ebay using a url+filename to make automation easy.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sharing OneDrive for Business items from the Modern UI

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business のモダン UI からの共有について

Sharing OneDrive for Business items from the Modern UI

■Description(内容):
    MC165027 の適応に伴い、モダン UI から共有の際に、権限の詳細設定の画面に遷移することができなくなり、アイテムに対して固有の権限の設定や削除が行えない。
    詳細設定の画面へ遷移を可能するか、同様の設定項目の追加を希望します。

After MC165027 was applied, users became unable to grant or delete unique permissions to items when sharing items via the Modern UI because currently they cannot navigate to the advanced settings page for permissions.
    For improvement of usability and manageability, allow navigating to the advanced setting page or granting/deleting unique permissions without going anywhere.

Thank you for your consideration.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Unshare In OneDrive

It would be great to allow selected unshare for users, not just for all users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base