OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Access Sharepoint shared folder in 'Shared with Me' in App

If I share a folder within a SharePoint library to a user (who has other access to the libary), I cannot see this folder in the "Shared with Me" when using either the Outlook for iOS or Android App. The folder DOES appear when using a browser so the permissions and access work.

Furthermore, if I open the email invitation to the shared folder on a phone/tablet and click on the link, the device will open OneDrive and into the shared folder. However, if I return to OneDrive at a later date, there is no way to get back to…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sharing files from 3rd party apps - Include option to search for folder

Situation:
    I often correspond with clients over text & Whatsapp. They send me important information that I need to save on their client folders. Each client has a subfolder on Our Company's OneDrive Site.

Problem:
    There is no option to search for the folder when uploading the file (e.g. pdf/screenshot from Whatsapp/Text) from a 3rd party app to OneDrive.
    I can only get to the client's folder by scrolling.
    We have a few thousand clients and it is not feasible to scroll to the client’s name every time I need to upload something to his file.
    It creates additional admin…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sharing size

allow sharing for those files which are larger than 2 GB with view only permission

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. prevent sharing

Block a security group from sharing externaly

As a university we would like to have the ability to prevent specific security groupd from external sharing from their OneDrive for Business. They are in a security group, so being able to limit sharing by group would be great.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Share multiple files

Select multiple files (explorer and browser) and share the selected files all at once.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. wetransfer

I would like to automatically add files from WeTransfer/Firefox Send/... links to my OneDrive

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Sync OneDrive Photo Album and Windows Photos App tags / people recognition

Windows 10 Photos App is great!
    I would need the information / tags / people recognition synced to OneDrive - so the information is not local only and can be shared with other PCs / people as well (and be backed up in cloud)

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Allow global admins to restrict downloading the OneDrive for Business data

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business のデータのダウンロードの制御について

Allow global admins to restrict downloading the OneDrive for Business data

■Description(内容):
    全体管理者が、テナント内のユーザーの OneDrive for Business に保存しているデータのダウンロードを制御する機能を搭載してほしい。

Please implement the feature that allows global admins to restrict downloading data saved in OneDrive for Business of users in their tenant.

Thank you for your consideration.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Be able to sync multiple OneDrives into one joint account

I have multiple one drive accounts associated with different email accounts, and I would like to be able to sync them so everything is in one place.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Enable setting a password for files in OneDrive for Business when sharing files with external users

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の外部共有について

Enable setting a password for files in OneDrive for Business when sharing files with external users

■Description(内容):
    個人用の OneDrive で共有する際は、当該のファイルを選択し、[共有] をクリックすると [パスワードの設定] と表示され、ファイルにパスワードを設定し共有が可能。
    OneDrive for Business には、そのような機能がないため、同じようにパスワードの設定をかけ共有できるよう機能の拡充希望。

When sharing items via personal OneDrive, as users select the file and click [Share], they can set password for the shared files from [Set Password:] menu. This option is currently not available for OneDrive for Business.

For improvement of usability, add setting password option to OneDrive for Business as well.

Thank you for your consideration

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. OneDrive Personal Shared Folder Email Digest Summary

SUB-FOLDERS and FILES added by OTHER USERS in a FOLDER THAT I SHARED does not reflect in the notification email - only changes to existing files reflects in the summary.

Even though other users owner of the files - I am still the owner of the folder - and this qualifies as changes to this folder surely.

If anyone has a workaround in the interim then please inform - support says feature not supported.

ANOTHER ISSUE:

the subject of email says "... and 10 others edited your shared files"

the number appears to be the number of edits - not…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. โปรแกรมขาดความเสถียรอย่างรุนแรง และไ่ม่รู้จะปรึกษาวิธีแก้จากที่ไหนค่ะ

หลายๆครั้งที่แชร์ลิ้งค์ให้คนอื่นแค่หน้าเดียว แต่ข้อมูลทุกอย่างไปพร้อมกันหมด เขาสามารถเข้าไปดูได้ทุกอย่างจริงๆ น่ากลัวมากๆค่ะ

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. โปรแกรมขาดความเสถียร และไ่ม่รู้จะปรึกษาวิธีแก้จากที่ไหนค่ะ

เอกสารเก่าและใหม่ชอบสลับโฟลเดอร์ที่เก็บโดยที่ไม่ได้เลือกให้เก็บที่โฟลเดอร์นั้น และเซฟทับกันเอง ใช้excelอยู่ข้อมูลหายต้องลงใหม่เป็นประจำ เดือดร้อนมากๆค่ะ แฮ้งค์ก็บ่อยค่ะ บางทีเก็บไฟล์แล้วไฟล์ไม่เข้ามาในonedriveบ่อยๆค่ะ

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. External Sharing more permissive than SharePoint

We would really like to enable external sharing on OneDrive only but not SharePoint however OneDrive cannot be more permissive than SharePoint.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Notify shared users when files/photos added to shared folder

Users are notified when a folder is shared with them. But if files/photos are added after the folder has been shared the user is not notified that there is something new to look at.
    A good example is sharing a photo album with family where photos would be added to the album over time.

Can some option be added to notify shared users when a folder has had new items added to it?

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. you cannot sync files with an SPACE at beginning or the end? hows Dropbox doing it?

So if i put a 2000 files in a folder and 250 files have a space at beginning or end, ive to start correcting all of it???

Again! Go and learn from Dropbox

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. go on Dropbox.com and see how Filesharing works.... :)

Are you guys serious? you can not share a folder between Business and home users? only in browser links?

Im a network admin and ive just spent 2h to share a folder between business and personal... even support hotline couldn help! The business support asked me if i can contact the home support for help :)))))

thats so stupid!

Go and learn from the best... in the meanwhile, am going to spread the word with all my customers!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Ability to UNLINK computers from my account ONLINE.

I accidentally left a computer i was using linked to my one drive account and i can't unlink it and i don't want the user to know it needs to be unlinked because they may delete or use my file content. I want to be able to remove a computer from my account ONLINE. Example (xbox, netflix) i can remove any systems i no longer want to grant access from my system or from my online account)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Option to Disable Group Sharing

In the tenant configuration spaces for controlling the internal/external and default sharing options - please include a stricter "internal only" sharing control that filters out internal security groups from being selected to share files/folders with. In our organization we have SharePoint/Teams for team collaboration therefore the notion of needing to share a personal OneDrive file with a security group usually implies that is collaboration work. We would like users to have to manually pick individuals within the organization only.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow us to change the destination of deleted files with OneDrive sync client

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive 同期クライアントにて、ファイルを削除した場合の動作
    Allow us to change the destination of deleted files with OneDrive sync client

■Description(内容):
    ファイルを削除すると、同期しているすべての PC にある [ごみ箱] に入る。
    削除しても [ごみ箱] に入らないように設定できる機能を追加してほしい。

We sync the items by OneDrive sync client, and deleted files go to “Trash” for all synced devices.

For improving usability, we would like to have the feature or setting that user can control the destination of deleted items.

Thank you for your consideration.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories