OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. No error message showing that the uploaded file in OneDrive is corrupted.

When we tried to download the uploaded files in OneDrive and used the File Compare, we found out that the files from OneDrive are corrupted. There is no error message or sign that they are corrupted. It is more better to have an error message or warning that the uploaded file is corrupted than downloading it before realizing that it has a problem.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Upload new version of a file without changing the shared link

I am trying to upload a new version of a training file on OneDrive, but it doesn't give me the option to upload the new version when I select the file. I wish to upload the new version such that it doesn't change the shared link, as I have shared it with multiple people. Box folders have this capability, so a lot of businesses have been choosing box over onedrive

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Suggestion: Fix "link breaks" issue when file/folder is renamed or moved

ISSUE: re. shared links. When the document gets renamed or moved to a different folder, the link "breaks" and no longer works for those whom we've shared it with.

SUGGESTION: If folder or docs each had their own unique object identifier, and links were associated with the unique object identifier (as opposed to the file name or folder name), links would never break. :-)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Suggestion: Add "Personal Vault" feature to OneDrive for Business

I appreciate that OneDrive for Business leverages overall Office 365 security features. That said, does the roadmap for OneDrive for Business include the introduction of the "Personal Vault" feature available in OneDrive Personal?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow in-bulk or per-folder uploading of files with OneDrive App

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive アプリのアップロードを一括、フォルダー単位で選択できるようにして欲しい
    Allow in-bulk or per-folder uploading of files with OneDrive App

■Description(内容):
    ​​現時点での OneDrive アプリでは、ファイルをアップロードする際に1つ1つをタップして選択する必要があり、複数のファイルをまとめてアップロードしたい場合に非常に手間がかかる。
    フォルダー単位や、スライドなどで一括で選択しアップロードできる機能の追加を希望します。

Currently we need to click on files one by one to upload them with OneDrive App. It takes a lot of time when we deal with many files. Please add an option to select them by folder or all files using a slider etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Show stats for each file

Show users how many times a file is viewed or downloaded.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Delete OneDrive sharing links from Explorer

■Title(件名):
    エクスプローラーからOneDriveの共有リンクを解除したい
    Delete OneDrive sharing links from Explorer

■Description(内容):
    現時点でエクスプローラーの操作だけで共有リンクを解除する方法がないため、エクスプローラーから解除する機能の実装を希望します。

Currently there is no way to delete sharing links using only Explorer, so please add one.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Show names of recipients when you click on “Outlook” in the OneDrive for Business sharing settings

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の共有設定で [Outlook] をクリックした際に宛先に名前が表示されるようにしてほしい。
    Show names of recipients when you click on “Outlook” in the OneDrive for Business sharing settings

■Description(内容):
    現在の動作として、OneDrive for Business の共有設定時に [Outlook] をクリックすると、Outlook on the Web 画面に遷移するが、そこに表示される宛先がユーザーの名前ではなく、メール アドレスの表示になりわかりにくい。
    名前が表示されるように動作を変更してほしい。

Currently, when you click on “Outlook” in the OneDrive for Business sharing settings, you are redirected to the Outlook on the Web screen, but instead of usernames only the mail addresses of recipient users are shown, which is hard to understand.
    Please change this so that users’ names are shown.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. STORAGE SHARING for All of my Outlook accounts

I recently upgraded my Outlook storage on main account to 2TB. Why can't this storage be shared with my "family" of other Outlook accounts---similar to Google One? I'm surprised that Microsoft extends this tremendous inconvenience to its users. Granted, MSFT wants to make money but the trade-off of creating inventive services to its users in sharing storage data to enjoy other MSFT apps would be compelling. Why must I purchase individual storage plans for all of my Outlook accounts which I use for various purposes? Please....be inventive and stay ahead of the curve on improving the online lives of your…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Not an Idea...Need Support

Microsoft support asked me to add this as a request, even though it is more of an issue that needs to be resolved.

Multiple users cannot open certain Microsoft Word files if they are in a synced OneDrive/SharePoint folder. They can be opened in Microsoft Online though.

There is only one way I could get the file to open and that is to open the OneDrive Sync Client/Settings/About tab and then UNCHECK "Use office applications to sync files that I open." Since we do not want to leave this unchecked, as you can imagine, I have come up with a…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Search result include the files other user shared with me again

Recently when I searching for some files and folder I remember someone shared with me, results only shows files in my own storage.
    So I starting to view through lots of folders and finally found it, but it took so long and just a waste of time.
    Hope the FULL search will back soon.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Stop sharing multiple shared files and folders with one or a just few clicks.

I want to be able to stop sharing multiple documents with one or just a few clicks. I have shared 96 files and folders and want to stop sharing all without having to go into every single sharing.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Office 365 Home: Request File Feature for OneDrive

This feature is inaccessible for 365 Home users. It is only available for 365 Business users for reasons never explained. Please make it available for both.

The existence of this feature and its nonexistence within the OneDrive for a Home subscription is not stated during the purchase of the plan and is missing from the plan details. Whatsmore, Home users pay more for additional utilities (sway, skype, etc) with their 365 than the base business plan or business plan 1), but are still not afforded this feature. That leaves you with the option of paying more for what you don't…

43 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. multiple

Allow adding multiple email addresses at once when sharing

It's really a pain to have to manually add each email address you wish to share to one by one. You cannot even add one and then go to another window to copy a new address - as soon as the OneDrive share pop-up lose focus all addresses you've added so far are lost.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Transfer ownership (not access nor permissions) of shared folders

Effectively and quickly transfer folders and files ownership to another active account to avoid copying files and changing active links already shared with many users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Request files requirement for "Anyone Links" folder edit rights

Request files not shaping up as previewed

For security reasons our company has limited "anyone" links to view for files and folders. Unfortunately to use Request Files requires "anyone" links have edit rights on folders. Why can't the feature work with "specific people"? Why does this feature require changing a global security setting to use?

Your preview materials state that uploaders would not see anything but would just see the area where they can upload. But making a security change that would impact more than just this type of link (request files) is not what we had hoped to see.

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Add Shortcut from Shared file to One Drive folder

Hello. I think I miss this alot while using OneDrive. I've been GDrive user with premium plan which is allow us to add a shortcut from another file to our onedrive folder. Now OneDrive only allow add shared folder shortcut but I need add shared file Shortcut. It should be a very important tools for many people also.

I use Office 365 family and we always use link for file, not foler, and That's been a habit since from GDrive for 10 years...

Hope OneDrive team heard this and made it accross from personal, business, and education.

On Business maybe…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add shared vault

Add ability to create shared vault (or some encrypted storage) under family office account.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base