OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Allow Sharing of large Folders without Error

Allow Sharing of large folders without the error

'Sharing Failed: the attempted operation is prohibited because it exceeds the list view threshold enforced by the administrator'

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Poder utilizar Archivos de Excel con contraseña, que se puedan compartir con otros colaboradores, pero protegidos con contraseña

Poder tener un archivo de excel protegido con contraseña, pero que pueda ser utilizable en forma compartida con otros colaboradores.
    Siempre, solicitando la contraseña al iniciarse.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. OneDrive and SharePoint Support for Git Repositories

Would be really useful if we can leverage OneDrive in conjunction with SharePoint to host Bear Git repositories. We tried creating a Git Bear repository on SharePoint and accessed and shared it through OneDrive but ended up with OneDrive being 'confused' and most of its folders stayed in 'Pending Sync' state. We had consequently removed all Git folders and reinstalled OneDrive to get back to normal.

Having Git repositories on SharePoint Online and accessing it through OneDrive would give developers a great cloud based Git environment !!

Salam

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow attach onedrive file from synced folder to outlook similar desktop file

We are using OneDrive for business in our company, seems users struggling when they have opened file from synced folder of oneDrive and can't attach it to outlook till they close the file!

but if file is opened from desktop (not synced with onedrive) you can attach it to outlook while you are open it!

is there is workaround or fix for this?

Regards,
    Ehab

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. china

中国网络下无法实时保存协同编辑,也无法设置代理网络,也无法却换到中国版Onedrive

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Hybrid File Server Synchronisation with OneDrive and Integrate with Compliance Centre for Data Classification, DLP and IRM

I work with many companies where a hybrid approach is required between OneDrive for Business and an on-premise file server or even better deisgn OneDrive for Business to be a true Enterpise file sharing solution with on-premise functionality. The architure should have the ability to have traditional file services on-premise that sync to OneDrive for Business and provide the ability to have the same data set across multiple branch offices. This would allow roaming using to access the data via OneDrive on any device and still allow back office personel to update files as per usual. File Sync is not…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. compartir 100gb

Yo quiero ampliar mi one drive a 100gb, de los 100gb existe alguna forma que le pueda dar a mi esposa 50gb de esos 100gb.
    saludos

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Synchronisierung von Ordner

in Onedrive personal (MS Konto) besteht die Möglichkeit geteilte Ordner zu meinem OneDrive hinzuzufügen, sodass ich diese im Explorer sehe und bearbeiten kann. Warum geht das nicht mit Shareponit bzw. mit OneDrive for Business?
    Diese Funktion wäre super für das gesamte Bauwesen, da hier immer mehrere Firmen zusammenarbeiten und es haben immer mehr Office 365.
    vielen dank

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. email files to onedrive

it would be nice if there could be a feature... an email address that I could use so I could send files to my onedrive

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. OneDrive for Business - summarize info about download after share time expiration

When you working with your bussinnes partner and teams (and you sharing drawings, documents, 3D data, etc.), will be very helpful to know if your partner or partners really downloaded send data (1st overview it in OneDrive, 2nd send summarize email notification).

Example: You are working in team of project with external partner (on your side 5 persons, partner side 7 persons). You working on mechanical machine concept (3D data modeling) and you need to know if responsible person downloaded the data (overview of download matrix: NAME OF PERSON, DOWNLOAD (Yes or No), DATE OF DOWNLOAD, TIME OF DOWNLOAD).
    Then…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Hide documents from Delve, that are shared with "link sharing"

If user shares document with link inside organization, this sharing option creates illusion that only users who know exact link, can access document.
    Everyone in organization can see document if they open user page in Delve.
    All documents that user shared with link are publicly available to all workers inside company in Delve.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Sending files to drive through emailing

I hope to see an option like an address for the drive where we can sent emails to and the attachments are saved on the drive.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Make shared folders visible for third party applications

Hey, me and my partner have little problem with sharing files that are meant to be used by third party app. The app uses OneDrive as a storage and we want to use one folder to share files and expand its content together. But in application folder is avaliable only on my account (as an owner). My partner on the other hand can't access the folder via mentioned application, but she can add content that I can access. So the problem is probably that she's not the owner of the folder and we can't set up 2 owners, so the…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. space on one drive

for people who have purchases multiple office platforms, we should get 5 gb with each purchase. for instance,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Sync App for Linux

It would be awesome to have a native OneDrive sync for supported Linux distros.

67 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Download Shared file instead of open it online

When you send a single file, allow users to download them instead of opening the file on Excel/power point/word online. That's a pain when you receive a large file and have to wait long to let it open and then download it or open it on your desktop.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Onedrive es el peor servicio en la nube, son Muy malos

Es un servicio pésimo mejor es Google Drive

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow users to view files that have been shared with them via Files on Demand feature instead of needing to log into the portal view.

The ability to view files shared with you through the Files on Demand feature rather than having to take extra steps in accessing the online view of OneDrive.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow us to restrict sharing both external users and internal users

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の共有を制限する機能を追加してほしい。
    Allow us to restrict sharing both external users and internal users

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 上の共有を外部共有だけでなく内部共有もできないように共有自体を制限する機能を追加してほしい。

I would like to see the feature to restrict sharing not only with external users, but also with same organization users.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow Syncing of Files Shared with Me

I would really like the ability to sync the files that people share with me to Windows Explorer like I can sync the documents that I share with others.

It would make accessing them much quicker and I honestly don't understand why it isn't already a feature.

92 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base