OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. My wife and I each have a personal vault. We don't need one for each. We need one to share where we can keep all of our financial data.

In addition to our existing OneDrive files, one single family personal vault. This would allow my wife and I to more easily both have access to sensitive financial information.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Search result include the files other user shared with me again

Recently when I searching for some files and folder I remember someone shared with me, results only shows files in my own storage.
    So I starting to view through lots of folders and finally found it, but it took so long and just a waste of time.
    Hope the FULL search will back soon.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. OneDrive Outlook Sharing Default Subject Line

Allow for editing of the subject line when sending the link through OneDrive

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Disable file selection from shared archived files or don't show the files inside.

On OneDrive Business, when you share an archive with people outside of your organization, they see the contents of the archive.

That's Ok but I've noticed that many people try and select 1 file from the archive to download at which point it will not let you download anything.

His happened multiple times and people keep writing back that the link is not working or that they cannot download it.

The solution would be:
    1. To either don't show a preview of what's inside the archive so they only have the option to download. (Like in Google Drive)
    2. Show…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 应该有一个界面可以显示哪些文件和文件夹正在被共享

应该有一个界面可以显示哪些文件和文件夹正在被共享,共享给何人,并且管理这些共享权限

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Restrictions on shared files in OneDrive for Business

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business で共有するファイルの制御について
    Restrictions on shared files in OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Businessで共有する Excel ファイルを編集可能とする場合に以下の項目を制御する機能を希望します。
    ・共有したファイルの削除、名前の変更、他のファイルの貼り付け、他のユーザへの共有

When editing is permitted for an Excel file shared on OneDrive for Business, I want to be able to set the following restrictions:
     Prevent deleting, renaming of the file, pasting of other files, and sharing of the file with other users

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We want to maintain the access permissions when moving files

■Title(件名):
    ファイルを移動する際に権限を維持したい
    We want to maintain the access permissions when moving files

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business にて他のユーザーと共有しているファイルを SharePoint Online に移動する際に、権限を維持したまま移動できる機能を実装してほしい。
    現在はファイルを移動する際に改めて移動先での権限設定や、リンクの再発行を行う必要があるため、移動元で利用している共有リンクから引き続きアクセスできるようにしてほしい。
    Please implement a feature that allows users to move files from OneDrive for Business that are shared with other users to SharePoint Online while maintaining the permissions.
    Currently when files are moved permission settings need to be set for the destination and links need to be reissued, so we hope that users can continue to access from the shared link used at the source.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Share option for "people in the company" to open with office desktop (or apply site collection feature "Open Documents in Client Application

An option to tick (or default option in the admin section) to setup link to allow the direct opening with office desktop when you share a document could be interesting or to use the setting embeded in the site library from where it come (Open Documents in Client Applications by Default in the site collection feature)
    Currenctly, if the site collection feature "Open Documents in Client Applications by Default" is activated, the sharing option is not the same and it confuse some users. If they go on the website, it open with word desktop, if they use the sharing like,…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Allow users to share everything when sharing folder.

Today when sharing a folder with a user, the user would not see some of the files contained in that folder. Files that are not visible to users are previously shared with others by sharing those individual files. All files that had not been individually shared are fine and the user having folder level access see them.

This is an inheritance issue.

This might be "working as intended" but it would be helpful to have a checkbox on the folder level Share dialog to allow users to share everything under that folder including unique permission items.

Similar to what we…

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Invitation Mail in SharePoint when adding users automatically hidden

Do NOT set the checkbox for new invitations to SharePoint as default "yes". Leave this decision to the user (automatically NO, user can change to YES)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. team site auto unmount

requesting to have team site auto unmount feature because there is a need to unmount existing sites due to mount to the wrong sharepoint path to a lot of users

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I should have the option to choose what app I want to use for files (OneDrive for Chromebook)

I should have the option to choose what app I want to use for files (OneDrive for Chromebook)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Ubuntu Linux

I dual boot Ubuntu Linux and Windows. I would love to have access to my files in Linux.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. When sharing photos via OneDrive, setting a time for loading and displaying photos is requested, ideally one set by owner when sharing.

The functional goal is to ensure clarity in displaying shared photos. In current use, jpg photos of 5mB don't load in full detail, even when accessed over fibre optic link.
    Ideally, the owner should specify the time for displaying shared photos when sharing. The time could be set in seconds or Slow/Medium/Fast. In addition, users of Photo should have an opton to set slide show rates as Slow/Medium/Fast. Both time controls should be set at the "shared photo" collection.
    Consider the potential for automating the display of all photos and videos at the user view session, possibly intelligently automating the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. About changing the location of a shared sync folder

■Title(件名):
    共有を受けた同期フォルダーの保存先変更について
    About changing the location of a shared sync folder

■Description(内容):
    現状においては、共有を受けたフォルダーに対し同期設定を行った場合、<会社名> のフォルダーが作成され、その配下に共有先同期フォルダーが作成されるが、保存先の変更が行えない動作である。
    共有を受けた同期フォルダーの保存先を、ユーザーの任意で変更できるように機能の拡張を希望します。
    Currently, when the sync setting is made to a shared folder, <Company Name> of the folder is created, and the shared sync folder is created under it, but the save location cannot be changed.
    I would like the feature to be extended so that users can optionally change where to save the shared sync folders.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Change Access Permissions for File Request Feature

Love the new file request feature and can be very useful in my org. We would like to see a different approach for access and not have to enable anyone with a link access. We would like the specific people sharing option, to lock whom the request stays with. I does not seem secure that I can forward that link to another use to upload whatever they want.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Behavior when sharing with personal OneDrive

■Title(件名):
    個人用 OneDrive に共有した際の動作
    Behavior when sharing with personal OneDrive

■Description(内容):
    利用するアカウントに共有されたファイルは、[共有] よりアクセスが可能可です。
    しかしながら、法人用アカウントにて作成し共有されたファイルは、個人用の [共有] には表示されません。
    さらなる製品の利便性向上のため、法人 => 個人、もしくは個人 => 法人の場合でも、[共有] に表示されるよう機能の拡張を要望します。

You can access files that have been shared with the account in use using “Shared”.
    However, files created and shared on a business account do not show in the “Shared” area of the personal account.
    In order to improve the usability of these products, please make it so that files show up in “Shared” for both business -> personal and personal -> business sharing cases.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. External sharing settings for individual folders

■Title(件名):
    フォルダー単位での外部共有設定について
    External sharing settings for individual folders

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business にて、フォルダー単位での外部共有の許可を設定する機能を希望します。

Please allow us to allow external sharing on a per-folder basis in OneDrive for Business.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Ensure multiple people can read documents without synchronization issues

Referring ticket # 17174503

"When two or more people are working on a document at the same time, they might make changes that conflict with each other. Conflicts can occur when one person works offline and then saves the document to the server. Conflicts can also occur when two people work on the same part of a document at exactly the same time. When edits conflict, the file would display a notification the next time that a user tries to save the document. The conflicts must be resolved before you can save the document to the cloud.
    In OneDrive sync…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories