OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Terms of Use Customization

Enable administrators to add 3 texts blocs or links to different Terms of Use (web pages) tailored to the specific business context:
    - for users who share documents,
    - for internal sharing recipients
    - and for external sharing recipients

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow users to move data from File Explorer to outside of the PC

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    ファイル オンデマンド機能で同期を行っている場合のデータの移動について
    Allow users to move data from File Explorer to outside of the PC

■Description(内容):
    ファイル オンデマンド機能で同期の設定を行っている状況で、同期フォルダー内のデータをファイル サーバーなど PC 端末の外部へ移動することが可能な機能の搭載を希望します。

When users turn on Files On-Demand and sync their data, for improve the usability we would like to have the feature that allow users to move their data from sync folders to the outside of the device such as file servers

Thank you for your considerations.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Share to Youtube account

Why isn't YouTube an available partner to share video files with? YouTube has a rich API that can be integrated with.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Correct the behavior of the slider of External sharing setting in OneDrive admin center

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive 管理センターの外部共有の設定が反映しないため、修正してほしい。

Correct the behavior of the slider of External sharing setting in OneDrive admin center

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive 管理センター> [共有] >[外部共有] の設定で、共有レベルのスライドバーを変更して保存すると、更新中のまま正常に変更されないため、修正してほしい。

Even though we open OneDrive Admin Center> [Sharing] Tab > [External Sharing] and move the sliders to the settings we want and save it, the settings remain in the status being updating and do not change normally.

For improvement of usability, we hope you to correct this behavior so that we can adjust the settings of sharing level as desired.

Thank you for your consideration.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Sharing and editing of Office files which are attached in Shared Notebook

■Title(件名):
    共有したノートブックに添付されたファイルについて
    Sharing and editing of Office files which are attached in Shared Notebook

■Description(内容):
    共有したノートブック内に添付された Office ファイルについて、現時点ではノートブックの共有のみでは添付ファイルは共有されない動作のため、ノートブックの共有にて添付されたファイルについても共有され、複数ユーザーにて編集が可能となる機能の追加を希望します。

We attached Office files in shared Notebook, but those files are not shared when the Notebook is shared.

We would like to see the feature to share Notebook and attached Office file at the same time, and it would be great if multiple user will be able to edit those files.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. I think it would be a useful feature if I could see who of those people I have shared folders and files has been reading my OneDrive folders

I think it would be a useful feature if I could see who of those people I have shared folders and files has been reading my OneDrive folders and/or files and when they have been reading those.
    The history of editing is already visible, but now I mean statistics only about opening the folder or file (readings), even by those who have read-only access.
    Compare the feature "has seen" of Facebook and Messenger.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Show users that have been privided a share - When clicking on "Properties" of a Folder

Users need to be able to see which people have been granted a share on specific folders

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Enable displaying the list of files whose file path length exceeds the upper limit

■Title(件名):
    ファイル パスの長さが上限値を超えているファイルを一覧で確認する機能について。

Enable displaying the list of files whose file path length exceeds the upper limit

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online および OneDrive for Business 上のアイテムをファイル移行ツールにて移行する際にファイル パスの長さが上限値を超えている場合、ファイルの追加が行えない場合がある。
    この動作を回避するために、ファイル パスの長さが上限値を超えているファイルと、ファイルの場所の一覧を確認または出力できる機能について実装をお願い致します。

We are aware that sometimes users cannot add a file when migrating items on SharePoint Online/OneDrive for Business by using SharePoint Migration Tool because the file path length exceeds the limit.

In order to check the file path length before the migration, it will be great if you could provide us a feature that allows confirming and/or exporting the list…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow direct export from Onedrive to Snapfish or Shutterfly

Need to be able to send pictures from OneDrive to Snapfish or shutterfly to be able to make printed albums and photos.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Add ability to extend expiration date for shared links

I always set an expiration date when sharing files/folders (especially anonymously). I tend to set these expiration dates in the near future. It would be nice to be able to extend these as necessary.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Provide the feature to confirm OneDrive for Business storage limit from OneDrive app.

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive アプリから OneDrive for Business のストレージ容量を確認できるようにして欲しい

Provide the feature to confirm OneDrive for Business storage limit from OneDrive app.

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive アプリから OneDrive for Business のストレージの合計容量および使用容量を確認する機能を追加して欲しい

I hope the feature will be added that enables confirming the storage limit/storage used in OneDrive for Business from OneDrive app.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Include 'Shared With Me' folder in Office Apps 'Open' file menu.

When using the 'Open' feature of the file menu in all Office apps it would be very useful to be able to see the 'Shared With Me' folder as well as my personal OneDrive for Business 'Files' folder.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow synchronizing folders on different devices

Link a folder on your desktop to a folder within OneDrive using 'mklink /j'
    So any changes within the folder on your HDD is synced with the OneDrive folder.

Now, I would like to have a folder on my laptop HDD synced with the OneDrive folder, so whatever I change on either device, it will be synced to the other thru OneDrive.

Probably not (yet) possible. That's to say, I haven't found a way to get this done.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Save the shared file link to your account with a click rather than download

When someone shared a file link that opens up the file, there should be an option to "Add to OneDrive" rather than just Download the file or view online.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Share with 'allow reshare' with permissions capability

Reshare with permissions ability or delegate sharing ability.

Currently when I share a file with a permission level e.g. read I would like to be able to specify whether the recipient can further share with the same permission level (or less) without having to get approval from the document owner.
    This would be the same for a file being shared with edit permission with a specific recipient. That recipient should then be able to reshare the document to further recipients with the ability to specify either edit permission or less with read-only permission. The recipient should not be able to…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Allow different levels of access to different files in a shared folder

If I share a folder, it would be nice to not have to give full edit access to every file or only view only to every file.

I want to be able to have the shared person to have edit access to some files and view only to the rest.

Trying to put view only on one file in the shared folder puts them to view only for every file.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Transfer shared folder ownership

Hi, Microsoft team.

I have been looking around on how to transfer shared folder ownership from one user to another user. Reason I raised this up because of in situation if one employee left the company then she or he need to surrendered the ownership to the successor.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. If Guest Contributor can delete the file only added by them to the shared link folder.

If Guest Contributor can delete the file only added by them to the shared link folder.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Enable opening an Excel file edited with Excel Client in iOS Excel app without an error

■Title(件名):
    Excel クライアント と iOS アプリでの共同編集時のエラーについて

Enable opening an Excel file edited with Excel Client in iOS Excel app without an error

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business から共有した Excelファイルを共同編集をする際に、Excel クライアントで編集したデータを、iOS 版の Excel アプリで開くと "アップロードできません-変更を他のユーザーの変更と結合することはできません" というエラーが表示されることがある。
    Excel クライアントで編集したデータを、iOS 版の Excel アプリで開いてもエラーが表示されないように対応してほしい。

When attempting to co-edit an Excel file shared via OneDrive for Business, if users open the file with iOS Excel app, the error “Cannot upload-changes cannot be combined with other users ' changes” occurs.

For smoother co-edit operation, we hope you to fix this error when opening a file edited with Excel Client in iOS Excel app.

Thank…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories