OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Secure file sharing in Microsoft 365 Family

I have subscribed to Microsoft 365 Family and have several family members using OneDrive with me. There is a need for a new function allowing of files and documents containing sensitive information with family members on my account. I keep private information on online accounts in a file in my Personal Vault. My wife needs access to that information, but I can't share files in my Personal Vault. There should be a function that allows highly secure storage for sensitive information but can be accessed by members of my family account. Perhaps a new location like Family Vault that works…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1. I need to upload.folders.to onesrive

I need to use onedrive as my virtual disk expansion. I want to MOVE folders to onedrive the same way I would move folders between any other drives in my machine.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Request to increase free OneDrive storage from 5 GB to 20GB or more.

Hi Team,

This is regarding the free space 5GB provided for the OneDrive. I feel this space is little less for the personal uses for the existing users. More cloud space will allow user to explore and use cool apps like OneNotes, Powerpoint and access them on the go.

Thank You,

Thank you,

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow admins to manage the permissions of files that users shared in Teams chats

*English follows Japanese

Teams のチャットで各ユーザーが共有したファイルの権限をテナント管理者で管理できるようにしたい
    Allow admins to manage the permissions of files that users shared in Teams chat ***************
    ■Description(内容):
    Teams のチャットで共有したファイルは、ユーザーの OneDrive for Business の "Microsoft Teams チャット ファイル" フォルダーに保存されるが、このフォルダーの権限を全ユーザー一括でテナント管理者が変更できるようにしてほしい。
    また、その後各ユーザーが権限を変更できないように設定できる機能を追加してほしい。

Files shared via Teams chat are stored in the user's OneDrive for Business "Microsoft Teams Chat Files" folder, but I want the tenant admin to be able to change the permissions on this folder for all users at once.
    Also, please add a function that enables a setting to prevent users from changing the permissions after that.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Business OneDrive user accounts should be able to share OneDrive folders (like Office Home users can).

With a non Business OneDrive, I can share a folder with other people with non-business OneDrive.

I use this function in my consulting business and so I have to keep an Office Home subscription as well as my Business Microsoft 365 subscription.

BTW, the ability to share OneDrive folders with business partners is a very practical concept.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Shared items in the OneDrive app

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive アプリの共有アイテムについて
    Shared items in the OneDrive app

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive アプリの共有アイテムに表示されたファイルは任意で非表示にすることができない。
    ブラウザー版の OneDrive for Business では可能であるため、OneDrive アプリにも同機能の提供を希望します。

It is not possible to hide files arbitrarily from being shown in shared items in the OneDrive app.
    It is possible in the browser version of OneDrive for Business so please make it possible in the app, too.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Add a way to hide OneDrive for Business activity

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business のアクティビティを非表示とする機能を追加してほしい
    Add a way to hide OneDrive for Business activity

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business のアクティビティに、だれがいつ編集したか履歴が表示され、履歴をクリックすると編集した人の情報が表示される。(この情報は共有相手にも表示される)
    アクティビティを非表示にする機能を追加してほしい。

The history of who edited which files is held in the OneDrive for Business activity information and clicking on items in the history will show information about the user who made that edit. (This information is also shown to users with whom the file is shared).
    Please allow us to hide the activity information.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Having lots of issues accessing old hidden files

I'm trying to transfer 6062W2099 windows program that I designed onto my Alcatel android 6062W as its latest upgrade but security is real tight on my accounts I'm hoping for some feedback on how to fish this off my ps3

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Option on client to see ALL folders/files that are taking up space on local machine when On Demand is used

At the moment, cannot see an option in the OneDrive client that will show any files or folders that are "Always kept on device" as I use the On Demand sync feature.

Would be useful to see all the stuff that is taking up space on local hard drive so I can then use "Free up space" more easily!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. upload only

Upload option only in client:

Ability to sync changes from client, to upstream only. In other words protect content on machine by NOT automatically syncing cloud data as the authoritative source. Could be a simple tick option in settings for GLOBAL or on a per folder basis. This is useful when using OneDrive as a backup store only making sure changes on local machine replicate to the cloud, but changes done in cloud don't affect a machine.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. filter shared by

It is great that we now can list all files that I have shared, or someone has shared with me. We can sort and group that list by file name, date and who shared it.

What I suggest is that we also could sort/filter this list by location, i.e. the URL or site name.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Would be good to move all onedrive data to sharepoint

We are backing up our old users data from their onedrive to sharepoint. Currently we can only files smaller than 500 mb which gives us a major hindrance when backing up larger files.

It would be good to have solution to move old users data from onedrive to sharepooint in one click.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Chromecast support

Need support for Chromecast. Espesially for showing photos.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Add a way to change the default value of sharing link settings for OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business にて共有リンクの既定の値を変更する機能を希望します。
    Add a way to change the default value of sharing link settings for OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online ではサイトごとに既定の共有リンクを変更する機能がありますが、OneDrive for Business では設定箇所がないため実装を希望します。

It is possible to change the default sharing link for each site on SharePoint Online, but there is no such function on OneDrive for Business. Please add this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. when unsyncing from one drive, give the person the choice whether to delete from computer or one drive

currently laptops are set up automatically syncing whether we like it or not, and whether we know/understand or not. Then when you select files/folders you dont want to sync, it automatically deletes them from the pc/laptop, keeping them on the cloud, instead of giving customers the choice where to keep them. I would like to un-sync and leave the files on my laptop.

Also, this option needs to be an separate opt in checkbox - not forcing anyone who wishes to take the time to provide feedback with being spammed as a result "and to notify me about product updates"

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. OneDrive client for Linux

Many organisations employ the use of multiple Operating system environments for client facing services whilst also utilising the most out of their Office 365 / Microsoft 365 subscriptions. Unfortunately there are OneDrive sync clients for all but Linux.

Granted Linux is a broad term, and for me personally I am looking for a native Linux client in the same sense as the MS Teams native Linux client.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Transparent, seamless, and unassisted capacity upgrades

Had free onedrive; bought MS 365 with onedrive capacity upgrade. but For the life of me, I do not know why I have to be involved to increase my onedrive capacity. Just do it to my existing onedrive transparently-no need for my intervention. If there are legal issues or other issues, these should be immediately handled at the subscription purchase application touch point. I have not had time to get to this and have not been able to leverage this capacity yet.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Share Files/Folders within Personal Vault

I have been looking for some time for a way of sharing sensitive files with family members, but in a secure way not having to rely on their security.
    I believe that sharing within personal vault could accomplish this.

If I were to share a file within my vault and that shared file would only be available within the other users vault, and they were unable to move the file out of their vault, then that file would be protected by 2FA whether they had set up 2FA on their accounts or not.

I'm looking at it to store end…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Sync feature for "outside organization" users

Allow people that I share files with from outside my organization to "Sync" files to their local computer. I'm told from some of the people I share with that they do not have this option.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. When a sharing link approaches expiry, I want to notify the person who shared it, and those it was shared with

■Title(件名):
    共有リンクの有効期限が迫った際に共有元・共有先に通知したい
    When a sharing link approaches expiry, I want to notify the person who shared it, and those it was shared with

■Description(内容):
    共有リンクの有効期限が切れた場合、共有元・共有先共に共有リンクの設定を行い共有しなおす必要があるため、業務に影響が発生している。
    共有元と共有先のユーザーに共有リンクの有効期限が迫った際に通知する機能の実装を希望いたします。

When a sharing link expires, both the person who shared the item, and those with whom it was shared with need to adjust their settings, which has an effect on our operation.
    Please make it possible to notify both parties when the expiry date is getting close.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base