OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. team site auto unmount

requesting to have team site auto unmount feature because there is a need to unmount existing sites due to mount to the wrong sharepoint path to a lot of users

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I should have the option to choose what app I want to use for files (OneDrive for Chromebook)

I should have the option to choose what app I want to use for files (OneDrive for Chromebook)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Ubuntu Linux

I dual boot Ubuntu Linux and Windows. I would love to have access to my files in Linux.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. When sharing photos via OneDrive, setting a time for loading and displaying photos is requested, ideally one set by owner when sharing.

The functional goal is to ensure clarity in displaying shared photos. In current use, jpg photos of 5mB don't load in full detail, even when accessed over fibre optic link.
    Ideally, the owner should specify the time for displaying shared photos when sharing. The time could be set in seconds or Slow/Medium/Fast. In addition, users of Photo should have an opton to set slide show rates as Slow/Medium/Fast. Both time controls should be set at the "shared photo" collection.
    Consider the potential for automating the display of all photos and videos at the user view session, possibly intelligently automating the…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. About changing the location of a shared sync folder

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    共有を受けた同期フォルダーの保存先変更について
    About changing the location of a shared sync folder

■Description(内容):
    現状においては、共有を受けたフォルダーに対し同期設定を行った場合、<会社名> のフォルダーが作成され、その配下に共有先同期フォルダーが作成されるが、保存先の変更が行えない動作である。
    共有を受けた同期フォルダーの保存先を、ユーザーの任意で変更できるように機能の拡張を希望します。
    Currently, when the sync setting is made to a shared folder, <Company Name> of the folder is created, and the shared sync folder is created under it, but the save location cannot be changed.
    I would like the feature to be extended so that users can optionally change where to save the shared sync folders.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Change Access Permissions for File Request Feature

Love the new file request feature and can be very useful in my org. We would like to see a different approach for access and not have to enable anyone with a link access. We would like the specific people sharing option, to lock whom the request stays with. I does not seem secure that I can forward that link to another use to upload whatever they want.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Behavior when sharing with personal OneDrive

■Title(件名):
    個人用 OneDrive に共有した際の動作
    Behavior when sharing with personal OneDrive

■Description(内容):
    利用するアカウントに共有されたファイルは、[共有] よりアクセスが可能可です。
    しかしながら、法人用アカウントにて作成し共有されたファイルは、個人用の [共有] には表示されません。
    さらなる製品の利便性向上のため、法人 => 個人、もしくは個人 => 法人の場合でも、[共有] に表示されるよう機能の拡張を要望します。

You can access files that have been shared with the account in use using “Shared”.
    However, files created and shared on a business account do not show in the “Shared” area of the personal account.
    In order to improve the usability of these products, please make it so that files show up in “Shared” for both business -> personal and personal -> business sharing cases.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. External sharing settings for individual folders

■Title(件名):
    フォルダー単位での外部共有設定について
    External sharing settings for individual folders

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business にて、フォルダー単位での外部共有の許可を設定する機能を希望します。

Please allow us to allow external sharing on a per-folder basis in OneDrive for Business.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Ensure multiple people can read documents without synchronization issues

Referring ticket # 17174503

"When two or more people are working on a document at the same time, they might make changes that conflict with each other. Conflicts can occur when one person works offline and then saves the document to the server. Conflicts can also occur when two people work on the same part of a document at exactly the same time. When edits conflict, the file would display a notification the next time that a user tries to save the document. The conflicts must be resolved before you can save the document to the cloud.
    In OneDrive sync…

25 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Vault functionality

■Title(件名):
    Vault 機能について
    Vault functionality

■Description(内容):
    現在、Vault 機能は個人用 OneDrive でのみ提供されている機能です。
    OneDrive for Business でも同様に Vault 機能が利用できると便利なため、機能の実装を希望いたします。

Currently, the Vault function is limited to use in the personal version of OneDrive.
    It would be convenient to be able to use the Vault in OneDrive for Business too, so please make this possible.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Dropbox like global drive

Our organisation has around 20,000 staff, all with MS enterprise licenses. But very few of use sharepoint nor onedrive. Its unfit for purpose, we use private dropbox or google drive free versions, and we are moving towards slack as meetings chat is so bad, and we are moving to confluence as sharepoint is so bad. The big problem with onedrive is there is no global company wide place to put important docs. The only way you can share docs is to share from your personal onedrive. When the person who shared the docs leaves, the docs are lost, and noone…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow soe users to share outside organization while restricting others.

Allow some users to share with external users while restricting most to internal (organizational tenant) users. Our other file sharing options, including Box, Dropbox and GD allow us to do that, what cant OneDrive?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Once SharePoint document library root folders are deleted, every item under those folders will be gone as well

■Title(件名):
    SharePoint ドキュメント ライブラリのルート フォルダーを削除すると、配下のアイテムがすべて消える動作について
    Once SharePoint document library root folders are deleted, every item under those folders will be gone as well

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint のドキュメント ライブラリを PC 端末で同期し、ルート フォルダーを削除した場合、配下に存在する "オンラインのみの状態 (青い雲のマーク)" のファイルがすべて削除される。
    配下のアイテムに "削除禁止" の権限が付与されていれば消えることはないが、 "削除禁止" の権限が​付与されている場合、個別にアイテムの削除が行えない。
    ユーザーがルート フォルダーを誤って削除する操作を行った場合、簡単に配下のアイテムが消えるため、ルート フォルダー上からのアイテムの削除操作を禁止する機能の実装をお願いいたします。​
    When SharePoint document library is synced using a PC and a root folder gets deleted, all Online-only files (blue cloud icon) under that folder gets deleted.
    If "Do not delete" permissions are assigned to the items under the root folder those items will not get deleted, but if "Do not delete" permissions are assigned items cannot…

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow Editing in Synced Read-Only Folder

In my company, we have a Sharepoint Online document library that is synced to multiple Windows 10 laptops using the OneDrive for Business client. One user has the ability to make changes, while the other users are given "can view" only, as they should not be making changes to the library. Inside one folder of this library is a small program that users can run. This program generates temporary files (inside the same folder from which it is running), and if it cannot create/edit those files, it will not run. With the library being "can view", the OneDrive client prevents…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add the function to specify the sharing range

I would like to publish PowerPoint files saved on OneDrive on website created with WordPress, but not to allow viewers to copy or download my file.
    I would like to share the content, not the skill (e.g. how to create animations, )that is needed to creat the file.

So, I hope that OneDrive add a function to specify the sharing range if you publish files using embed code or shared link URL.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Have atleast 10Gb of free storage

I had 100gb of free storage because of using a samsung device but now that the promotion has ended I realize that how less 5gb is!!!

I think we should have atleast 10gb for free, Google drive offers 15gb for free, as mush as I wanna use Google drive I still like Onedrive because I can access everything on my desktop in the file explorer. So PLzzz vote for this, I really really wish they add just 5 more gb for free plzzz🙏

Bill Gates 🙏

😫😫PLEASE!!!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. The positions of shapes get changed when editing files in PowerPoint Online

■Title(件名):
    PowerPoint Online でファイルを編集する際に、図形の位置がずれる
    The positions of shapes get changed when editing files in PowerPoint Online

■Description(内容):
    図形が組み込まれた PowerPoint プレゼンテーションを、PowerPoint Online で編集する際に、図形の位置がずれる場合がある。
    Word Online、Excel Online においても、同様に図形の位置がずれる動作を確認しています。
    編集時に位置がずれないよう、機能の改善をお願いいたします。​
    Sometimes the positions of shapes get changed when editing PowerPoint presentations containing embedded shapes using PowerPoint Online.
    We have also confirmed the same behaviour when using Word Online and Excel Online.
    Please improve this feature so that the positions of shapes do not get changed while editing.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Migration of data between OneDrive for Business accounts

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business のアカウント間のデータ移行について
    Migration of data between OneDrive for Business accounts

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business のアカウント間のデータ移行の方法として、ローカル経由ではなくクラウド経由で行う機能を希望します。

I would like a function to be added whereby data can be migrated from one OneDrive for Business account to another without using local storage, but using the cloud instead.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base