OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. PDF Collaborative sharing

Let us to put comments and annotations together in a pdf file like editing a word file.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Link teilen um Inhalte zu sehen ohne, dass sich abmelden/registrieren zu müssen

Link teilen um Inhalte zu sehen ohne, dass sich abmelden/registrieren zu müssen

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Share link with file name

When I create a share link from my file and send it to my students throught whatsapp, its only a really long text link with no way to identiy the file name, I understand this may be for a security resaon but when I copy in links from other platforms it then generates a popup box with the filename. It would be great to just have the filelink embedded with a tiny url and a popup filename.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Integrating SharePoint and OneDrive with Autodesk Revit

We are construction company and I'm extremely happy to see one step in the right direction that Microsoft Office 365 is integrating with DWG.. but both MS and Autodesk already knows that AEC industry is moving towards BIM and they should go ahead and attach A360 viewer like thing with SharePoint. As a large partner of MS as a construction company we will really like to see that MS is doing thing in this direction which will increase our usage of platform which in turn benefits all of us.

103 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Shared files that can't be deleted: an interesting challenge to make the Word user experience easier

Some time ago, Word files were shared with me by friends and other contacts, via email. Years later, when using Word and looking more closely at the "Shared with me" tab, I begin to notice that these files still appear in my account. But they don't exist physically anymore. They are not on my computer, which has been swapped over time; cannot be accessed, because there is no more information, in my account or on my computer, that allows you to open these files; cannot be moved and much less deleted. They're just over there. The detail is that I…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Regarding attributes on OneDrive for Business views

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business のビューの設定項目について
    Regarding attributes on OneDrive for Business views

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business のビューの設定項目について、個人用の OneDrive では 写真に対して "撮影日" の項目がありますが、OneDrive for Business では現時点で機能として実装されていないことを確認しております。
    個人用 OneDrive と同様、OneDrive for Business においても "撮影日" の列は必要な機能なため、実装を希望いたします。

On the personal version of OneDrive, there is an attreibute for photographs called “Date taken”, however it is not present in OneDrive for Business at present.

The “Date taken” column is a necessary feature for OneDrive for Business as much as it is in personal OneDrive, so please add it in.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. increase storage to 15Gb like Google Drive

I like onedrive, but I'm considering changing to Google Drive, because if offers for free 3x more space than onedrive :( Its a petty that I would change, because I like OneDrive.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow "Shared" folders to display in 3rd Party Web App Integrations

In the standard OneDrive web interface you, of course, can see "Shared" files. However, when using the integration provided by 3rd party web apps, "Shared" folders are not visible. See attached files. Not having "Shared" file access is a huge hindrance to collaboration and should be available, especially since "Shared Libraries" are.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add the option to hide upper directory structure when sharing on OneDrive

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive での共有時、上位のディレクトリ構造を非表示にするオプションの追加
    Add the option to hide upper directory structure when sharing on OneDrive

■Description(内容):
    フォルダーを他ユーザーと共有する際、上位階層のフォルダーまで UI 上に表示されてしまう。共有フォルダーのみを表示させ、上位フォルダーは非表示にする機能を搭載してほしい。

Please make this happen: Hide upper directory structure when sharing files to others.
    The upper directory structure is displayed at the top of the OneDrive UI.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow Shared Folders with no edit permission to be moved to My Files.

This feature would allow someone to push out templates or consistent presentations to a group and the group couldn't edit or ***** something up.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. OneDrive cache server in local network

We use OneDrive for Business to work with documents like Word and Excel files. But there are also very large files, e.g. bitmap images with todays resolutions or Adobe InDesign files. Those files sum up to several TB in our case.

Thus, the user experience for users working with this kind of files on a regular basis is poor, because there are only two options for us:
    a) We provide users with more local storage on their hard drives
    - Benefits: instant access to files
    - Disadvantages: contradicts cloud idea, does not scale, expensive
    b) Download files on access from…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allow Multiple Passwords for an Anonymous Access Link

Please make it possible to add multiple passwords to an anonymous access link for a file. I need to share the sample file with hundreds of users, but these users should only be able to access with passwords unique to them so I can deactivate a specific link and password when needed.

This is a major need for my scenario where I will potentially have a large number of unknown users using the same link. The lack of this feature will require that your customers duplicate files repeatedly in OneDrive/OneDrive for Business accounts, which makes sharing frustrating.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. schedule for specific files monthly for example

There Are Files I don´t sync every moment, maybe I need sync a large file weekly. The Internet connection or time is spent if it is synchronized for each modification, but it may be necessary to do it on a regular basis, weekly or monthly, for example.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. how about install music on photo slideshow of microsoft onedrive?

music on photo slideshow of microsoft onedrive

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Searching for Access files

■Title(件名):
    Access ファイルの検索について
    Searching for Access files

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business にアップロードした Access ファイルを日付で検索できるような機能を追加してほしい
    I would like a function whereby one can search for Access files that have been uploaded to OneDrive for Business by date.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. folder modified date

SharePoint Online and OneDrive Document Library Folder modified date should update when contents are updated.

Currently, the folder modified date is the date the folder was created or renamed rather than when the contents within the folder were changed. Can be misleading to think that a folder contents have not changed, when if fact they have been changed. Same issue on SharePoint Online and OneDrive experiences.

See SharePoint Online User Voice request: https://sharepoint.uservoice.com/forums/329214-sites-and-collaboration/suggestions/36005275-sharepoint-online-document-library-folder-modifie

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Prevent save location of shared files from being changed by shared users

■Title(件名):
    共有したファイルの保管元のフォルダーを、共有先ユーザーにて変更できないようにする機能を追加してほしい
    Prevent save location of shared files from being changed by shared users

■Description(内容):
    現在の機能は OneDrive for Business のファイルを共有すると、共有先ユーザーにて、一旦ファイルをダウンロードして再度該当ファイルをアップロードすることにより別のフォルダーへの格納が可能となってしまうため、共有したファイルの保管元のフォルダーを変更できないようにする機能を追加してほしい。​
    When OneDrive for Business files are shared, if the shared user downloads the file and tries to upload the same file, it becomes possible for the user to save the file in some other folder. We hope a feature will be added to prevent the save location of the shared file from being changed.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. use account alias to share one drive links

Account Aliases are a great feature in Microsoft Office. It allows you to protect your account id while communicating and adds a later of protection to your primary email account from breach events and maintain privacy. While you can send emails from aliases in your account, when I share one drive links, my primary account id is displayed. We should be allowed to share links from our aliases to protect our account. This should be a universal features across all Microsoft Office products.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base