OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. OneDrive for Business: "Anyone can edit" does NOT, in fact, allow anyone to edit :(

So when sharing from OneDrive, the default option clearly states "Anyone with the link can edit" and the official documentation (https://support.office.com/en-us/article/share-onedrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07) states that the intended behaviour of this grants anyone with edit permissions 'copy, move, edit, rename, sharing, deletion' rights.

A recent change to OneDrive for security reasons has replaced edit permissions with very restrictive 'guest contributor' permissions.

Can you please remove the wording "Anyone with this link can edit" because the links are guest-contributor links that CANNOT edit, and additionally feature a completely dead Sign-In button, so that even if someone has been specifically granted full edit…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow us to restrict to share files with third party users in default

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    アクセス要求の設定について
    Allow us to restrict to share files with third party users in default

■Description(内容):
    共有を受けたアイテムを第3者に共有できないようにする機能について、[アクセス要求の設定] - [サイトと個別のファイルおよびフォルダーの共有をメンバーに許可します] のチェックを既定で無効にする機能の提供を要望します。

I would like to disable the check box for [Access Request Setting] > [Allow members to share the site and individual files and folders] in default, to prevent users sharing files with third party users.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. More free storage compared to Google Drive

Provide more free storage to be competitive with Google. They offer three times more storage. I would probably use Microsoft's products more if they didn't seem so stingy with storage. I guess it's better than Dropbox, I guess but that not saying much.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. allow revoking access permissions to shared files and folders in bulk.

Today, one can revoke access permission to one shared object at a time. I want to able to revoke access permission to multiple shared objects once in a while.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. If you have multiple shared OneDrives, allow more than one to sync to your mac

I support several small organisations with free subscriptions, and we sync files locally. However you can only sync one OneDrive onto the mac using the free account, or a personal account. That means mingling lies from different organisations into one folder to enable synching potentially - and I just don't like mixing different content - due diligence and all that.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Share OneDrive files with anonymous links

Hi

It has been suggested that I put this feature request here (see https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msofficeonedrivefb-msoother-mso_o365b/share-onedrive-files-with-anonymous-links/79927f8c-3fae-4f85-a148-aec5de4122bc?tm=1534884711990)

I have not been able to find a solution to anonymously share files we store on our company's OneDrive with the rest of the world.

I find it very problematic that the generated links always contain a reference to the user who is sharing the file.

This is problematic as, if we know who we share the file with in first instance, we haven't got the slightest clue who the file might be shared with further on...

I would expect a similar behavior…

58 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. RESPALDO DE CARPETAS UBICADAS EN DIFERENTES DISCOS

Como se debe proceder para respaldar carpetas ubicadas en un disco diferente de donde está instalado OneDrive. ¿Es posible?
    En mi caso lo tengo alojado en el disco D: para no ocupar espacio en el disco C:. PERO cuando deseo respaldar archivos de C: no se como proceder.
    Gracias por la atención

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Incoherent wording and translation in the user interface on Mac and PC

My Problem: I work on Macs and Win10 PCs. Firstly: The options on the user interfaces are not the same (first flaw). Secondly, they are wrongly translated: In german, there's an option: Speicherplatz freigeben. It did not state, that this will erase my 40 GB of data. What a mess. I expected it to behave like a "defragmentation" for unused file space, not a complete erasure. Please make sure, that the options are the same on these two platforms ant that OneDrive complies with mac-specific data-structures (aborts all copying if it encounters a non complying dataset). Make sure, it is…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Mass file deletion notifications Language

Mass file deletion notifications in OneDrive for Business and SharePoint are currently sent in the Default Language for the Site not the user's own Language. This is confusing for the end user. It's not possible to change the Default Language after a Site is Created. These notifications should be sent in the Default Language for the User's Profile, not the Site Default.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Make Microsoft Access compatible with onedrive

MS Access files just don't work well when hosted on a onedrive folder, there should be a better way to handle them on a shared environment without having to deal with hosting on a server or the dreaded sharepoint services. We shouldn't need to use a dedicated server for a database that's under 50 megs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow us to open PowerPoint files which is shared with enabling [Block Download] option

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    [ダウンロードを禁止する] を有効にした際の共有時の動作について
    Allow us to open PowerPoint files which is shared with enabling [Block Download] option

■Description(内容):
    [ダウンロードを禁止する] 機能を有効にして OneDrive for Business 上の PowerPoint のファイルの共有を行った場合、共有を受けたユーザーが iPhone および Android 端末のブラウザーでファイルを開けない。
    [ダウンロードを禁止する] 機能を有効にして共有を行った場合も、Word ファイルや Excel ファイルと同様に iPhone および Android 端末のブラウザーから共有を受けた PowerPoint ファイルを開けるようにしてほしい。

If PowerPoint file which is stored in OneDrive for Business is shared with enabling [Block Download] option, it is not available to open the file at browser of iPhone or Android devices.
    Word or Excel files are opened in same sharing situation, so it would be great if we can open PowerPoint files as well.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Implement feature to exclude specified files from synchronization

Need feature to not synchronize certain files, eg. temporary files. We use software that generates a lot of temporary files with a certain naming convention (fixed by software). Unfortunately, these temporary files are NOT removed when the software exits. So, as we collaborate on different computers, we would generate more copies of the same temporary files with each user's name appended to it when OneDrive synchronizes files from each computer. Therefore it would be beneficial (ultimately more efficient) if users can specify certain files (based on file name pattern) to be excluded from synchronization.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Stop the ability to download - View Only - No Download

Stop the ability to download - View Only - No Download

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. I suggest you make a storage capacity, which can be purchased only once and not through a monthly subscription

I suggest you make a storage capacity, which can be purchased only once and not through a monthly subscription

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. OneDrive Personal VS OneDriveBusiness

These two on the same computer is just bad news. Please how can I make it so that pictures from plugged in device go to business OneDrive and not personal, with auto-download of multi-media? Since the pictures are actually business related and not pictures of my family? I phoned support last year and the gist I got is that this is impossible... Is this so or is there a work around?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add multiple Personal accounts on a computer / laptop / application

Currently, on Office 365 Home, only 1 Personal account is allowed on OneDrive application, alongside Work / School accounts.

It'd be great if we can create multiple Personal accounts (shared users on the same laptops/ pc, who are also sharing the 5 accesses to Microsoft Office) on the same device, as certain users (in my case for example) interchange between devices according to usage / occasion, and share those devices with family members.

While it is true we can use the same Personal account and create multiple folders, we'd like to have segregation of personal space electronically.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Buenos días. Sería posible poner nombre al archivo antes de subirlo a Onedrive??

¿Sería posible poner nombre a los archivos antes de subirlos a Onedrive?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. user review access tools/wizard

It would be great to be able to review actual shared files with whom and then quickly be able to remove the shares or individuals that aren't revenant anymore.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Extend OneDrive storage >1TB for Office 365 Business Essentials en Premium

For Business Essentials en Premium ie. Users with just 1 Account they are limit to 1TB Storage. With Dropbox you can go bigger.

Can we add/get more storages pace for a descend price? Or combine multiple OneDrive plans to get more storage? For some groups 1TB is not enough.

Think about photographers that runs a small business

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories