OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Gather email addresses from external users accessing OneDrive files without forcing them to log in

Create a portal where users are required to enter their email address only when accessing a OneDrive file, without logging into an Office 365 account. This will allow the file creators to know who is accessing the file while allowing external users to access the file.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. OneDrive is not compatible with Office365 if Sharepoint not hosted at Microsoft and latest version

OneDrive is not copatible with Office365 when the Sharepoint is not latests version and not hosted at Microsoft.
    This is critical for a decision to pass to Office 365, or to abbandon OneDrive/SharePoint

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. We NEED to see the total number of files/sub-folders within a folder! Windows File Explorer has it and I use it constantly!

We NEED to see the total number of files/sub-folders within a folder! Windows File Explorer has it and I use it constantly!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. OneDrive should generate a share-link while a file is still syncing.

We work with media files which can be larger than most common files.

A user has to wait for the file to sync before a share-link can be built. This totally breaks the stream of thought for a workflow.

Dropbox always allowed the link generation immediately.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Make links actually short

I have seen you said One Drive does this now, but my links are really long: the last one was 48 characters. Bit.ly shortens Dropbox links up to only 7 characters after the "/" but I can not use it with One Drive (it says my link is already shortened with 48 characters!).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add copy link button to windows explorer

Would be a time saver to be able to copy the online folder link from windows explorer

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Read Receipts when Sharing with Multiple Users

Currently sharing a folder with multiple user's does not send out read receipts from each user.

The only work around we could find was to create a link with edit rights, share it with a single user, and then change the link to read only. Then repeat for every user we want to share the file with.

If we create a read only link and then share it individually it consolidates all shares into one link which does not send us a read receipt.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 安卓版功能太少

安卓版one drive没有个人保管库,希望尽快加入这个功能

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add Grant Access Capability to Sharing Interface for all UIs

Allow users to grant access to a file/folder, rather than just sharing links, from all OneDrive/SharePoint UIs (web, desktop, and mobile). Right now, mobile and desktop only let you create/copy sharing links. However, this isn't useful if you later need a link that will for sure work for everyone with access (whether view or edit). The "people with existing access" link option works great for users who have been granted access, but isn't helpful when a bunch of people only have access only through specific sharing links.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Stop OneDrive from Syncing Certain Local Folders

I need to stop certain folders on my computer from syncing to OneDrive and remain only locally on my computer.

The Problem: OneDrive automatically syncs all files/folders saved in "My Documents," which has been working fine for me so far on the "Free" (5 GB Max) version because I only save word documents/excel sheets for work in "My Documents" and save larger files in folders on my computer that are not tied to OneDrive. However, some applications default to saving their enormous program folders in "My Documents" and I've recently run into this issue. Now OneDrive is completely full trying…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. onedrive for android tv please

please, suport for android tv

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Link Expiration for all sharing types

Creating a link that expires for all the different sharing types (Specific People, People with existing access or People in ORG with the link) instead of just "Anyone Links".

32 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow shared folders or your own folders to actually appear on your computer and sync when whichever one changes

Having a folder on your computer desktop or wherever you put it as well as the one drive older. Whenever you make any change to your OneDrive folder or your folder in you computer,, the other one will sync automatically. Great for working on other devices.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. check in / out files through win explorer and mac finder

Please provide option to Check-In files in Windows File Explorer. We work with file groupes (.dwg, .ifc, .vwx) which need be be synct offline This is forcing us to go to SharePoint online, check the files, edit the files offline save them and after sync to Check the files again online even though we post the files in Windows explorer.
    This would be very welcome to autodesk and vectorworks users.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Add Syncing feature between OneDrive and Google Drive

Please add an option to OneDrive users for syncing online between OneDrive Storage and Google Drive Storage. Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Select Folders to Synchronize from SharePoint before starting Synchronization process

When I synchronize a SharePoint library with my OneDrive, I want to select the folders that I synchronize before it starts the synchronization process. We have some large libraries where it wastes time and energy to synchronize everything at the beginning.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Regarding the OneDrive for Business storage when using Microsoft Teams Commercial Cloud

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Microsoft Teams の商用クラウド を利用した場合のOneDrive for Business 容量について
    Regarding the OneDrive for Business storage when using Microsoft Teams Commercial Cloud

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business を含む Offce 365 プランを利用し、Microsoft Teams の商用クラウドを取得した場合に、Microsoft Teams の商用クラウド​ の OneDrive for Business 容量が優先して反映してしまう動作となるため、Office 365 プランに含まれる、OneDrive for Business の容量が優先して適用ができるような設定の拡充を希望します。
    When using the Offce 365 plan that includes OneDrive for Business and retrieving the Commercial Cloud for Microsoft Teams, the storage for OneDrive for Business within the Microsoft Teams Commercial Cloud is prioritised and used. Please change this so that the storage for OneDrive for Business within the Offce 365 plan is prioritised and used…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. About configuring among sync clients for SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business and OneDrive

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):

SharePoint Online、OneDrive for Business、OneDrive 同期クライアントの相互同期について

About configuring among sync clients for SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business and OneDrive

■Description(内容):

​現在 SharePoint Online、OneDrive for Business、OneDrive 同期クライアント間での相互同期を行う機能がありません。

各サービス間のファイル管理を円滑に行えるよう、機能の実装を希望します。​

There is no function to synchronize between different clients for SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business and OneDrive.

I hope such a functionality to be added so that we can easily manage files between all the above three services.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. More Support For failed-to-sync Documents

I'm frustrated with the syncing issues I experience with OneDrive when there are multiple people in the document making changes. It has failed one too many times to the point where wrong documents have been sent out because someones changes didn't sync through. It seems to be too sensitive for this kind of stuff and very temperamental. I initially thought this was a wonderful feature but now I'm starting to really doubt its capabilities. There has to be a way to track peoples changes, or offer a solution, when the document fails for someone. Some kind of overall master merger…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Disable or rename option that shares with anyone in the organization that has the link

Please add the ability to disable the option for people to share with "People in <organization name> with the link". This option is commonly misunderstood, and people can accidentally end up sharing documents with unintended people. For example, a document is shared with this setting, and people think only people with the link will see it, but in locations that use the Graph API to expose what documents are accessible to others, these same documents will be surfaced, which is misleading as they don't have the link but can access the document.

This should be a tenant level configuration, similar…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base