OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Include OCR data in scanned PDFs

Run OCR on any PDFs that have been added to OneDrive and make any text that it finds searchable. I know this is done for documents that have been added via the Lens app, but it would be useful for all documents in OneDrive, e.g. those that have been added from a scanner.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Pasting links

I recently transitioned from Office personal to Office 365 business and migrated OneDrive over to business as well.

However, when I post links in places such as Facebook and LINE app, the file name is no longer included which is really frustrating. Is there any plan to include this functionality in the business version of OneDrive?

I've attached what happens when posting the same file in both OneDrive personal and business - as you can see, they are very different with the business version losing identifying information. :(

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. External Sharing without an Exchange Account

Enable sharing with external users without requiring having an Exchange account.

I can apparently share a file or folder with an external user, but they must be able to receive email at an Exchange address. When sharing is attempted there is no notice that sharing won't happen unless they have an Exchange account, it just doesn't happen.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. OneDrive for Business: "Anyone can edit" does NOT, in fact, allow anyone to edit :(

So when sharing from OneDrive, the default option clearly states "Anyone with the link can edit" and the official documentation (https://support.office.com/en-us/article/share-onedrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07) states that the intended behaviour of this grants anyone with edit permissions 'copy, move, edit, rename, sharing, deletion' rights.

A recent change to OneDrive for security reasons has replaced edit permissions with very restrictive 'guest contributor' permissions.

Can you please remove the wording "Anyone with this link can edit" because the links are guest-contributor links that CANNOT edit, and additionally feature a completely dead Sign-In button, so that even if someone has been specifically granted full edit…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. More free storage compared to Google Drive

Provide more free storage to be competitive with Google. They offer three times more storage. I would probably use Microsoft's products more if they didn't seem so stingy with storage. I guess it's better than Dropbox, I guess but that not saying much.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. allow revoking access permissions to shared files and folders in bulk.

Today, one can revoke access permission to one shared object at a time. I want to able to revoke access permission to multiple shared objects once in a while.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. If you have multiple shared OneDrives, allow more than one to sync to your mac

I support several small organisations with free subscriptions, and we sync files locally. However you can only sync one OneDrive onto the mac using the free account, or a personal account. That means mingling lies from different organisations into one folder to enable synching potentially - and I just don't like mixing different content - due diligence and all that.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Make shared folders visible for third party applications

Hey, me and my partner have little problem with sharing files that are meant to be used by third party app. The app uses OneDrive as a storage and we want to use one folder to share files and expand its content together. But in application folder is avaliable only on my account (as an owner). My partner on the other hand can't access the folder via mentioned application, but she can add content that I can access. So the problem is probably that she's not the owner of the folder and we can't set up 2 owners, so the…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. RESPALDO DE CARPETAS UBICADAS EN DIFERENTES DISCOS

Como se debe proceder para respaldar carpetas ubicadas en un disco diferente de donde está instalado OneDrive. ¿Es posible?
    En mi caso lo tengo alojado en el disco D: para no ocupar espacio en el disco C:. PERO cuando deseo respaldar archivos de C: no se como proceder.
    Gracias por la atención

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Incoherent wording and translation in the user interface on Mac and PC

My Problem: I work on Macs and Win10 PCs. Firstly: The options on the user interfaces are not the same (first flaw). Secondly, they are wrongly translated: In german, there's an option: Speicherplatz freigeben. It did not state, that this will erase my 40 GB of data. What a mess. I expected it to behave like a "defragmentation" for unused file space, not a complete erasure. Please make sure, that the options are the same on these two platforms ant that OneDrive complies with mac-specific data-structures (aborts all copying if it encounters a non complying dataset). Make sure, it is…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Make Microsoft Access compatible with onedrive

MS Access files just don't work well when hosted on a onedrive folder, there should be a better way to handle them on a shared environment without having to deal with hosting on a server or the dreaded sharepoint services. We shouldn't need to use a dedicated server for a database that's under 50 megs.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. sync seems to take forever - be nice if you could see some kind of status/ priority of the files in sync and then manipulate them

thats it... view and be able to decide the priority of syncing files to enable more efficient working.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. I suggest you make a storage capacity, which can be purchased only once and not through a monthly subscription

I suggest you make a storage capacity, which can be purchased only once and not through a monthly subscription

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. OneDrive Personal VS OneDriveBusiness

These two on the same computer is just bad news. Please how can I make it so that pictures from plugged in device go to business OneDrive and not personal, with auto-download of multi-media? Since the pictures are actually business related and not pictures of my family? I phoned support last year and the gist I got is that this is impossible... Is this so or is there a work around?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add multiple Personal accounts on a computer / laptop / application

Currently, on Office 365 Home, only 1 Personal account is allowed on OneDrive application, alongside Work / School accounts.

It'd be great if we can create multiple Personal accounts (shared users on the same laptops/ pc, who are also sharing the 5 accesses to Microsoft Office) on the same device, as certain users (in my case for example) interchange between devices according to usage / occasion, and share those devices with family members.

While it is true we can use the same Personal account and create multiple folders, we'd like to have segregation of personal space electronically.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Buenos días. Sería posible poner nombre al archivo antes de subirlo a Onedrive??

¿Sería posible poner nombre a los archivos antes de subirlos a Onedrive?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 1. We need feature to be able to password protect shareble links. 2. password protect folders and files.

1. We need feature to be able to password protect shareble links. 2. password protect folders and files.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 'Allow download' option when sharing a folder

It would be very useful to provide the 'allow download' selection toggle within link settings when sharing a folder with others to prevent them from downloading a local copy of any of the files within the folder - similar to how the 'allow editing' selection option works.

I purchased onedrive for business specifically because I was led to believe I would be able to do this but was informed today that currently it is only available for office 365 (word, exel etc) individual shared documents.

I was directed to a previous idea posted and wondered if there was any update…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. user review access tools/wizard

It would be great to be able to review actual shared files with whom and then quickly be able to remove the shares or individuals that aren't revenant anymore.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 19 20
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Feedback and Knowledge Base