OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. I have a folder that cannot be shared to one drive. Allow me the choice to not sync it. Does not have to be. So stop with forcing be issu

Should be option to not share and one drive should be happy and not be in face because it can't.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. I'd like to protect some folders and files from unintentional delet or modifications and therefore make them modifiable only from one PC,

Hi, I'd like to protect my files from unintentional deletions, modifications…so having only one main device able to edit, while the others are only to view, but not edit. This can easily happen if you use onedrive at home with multiple devices handled by kids… I believe also for business it would be useful thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Gather email addresses from external users accessing OneDrive files without forcing them to log in

Create a portal where users are required to enter their email address only when accessing a OneDrive file, without logging into an Office 365 account. This will allow the file creators to know who is accessing the file while allowing external users to access the file.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. "Request files" is not available

If I try to use "Request File" that was rolled out in November 2019,
    The message "Anyone links with folder edit" needs to be enabled " is displayed and is not available.

My organization doesn't currently allow “anyone with tne link".
    Imagine a scene where many members in an organization submit reports to OneDrive.
    In the case of a shared folder, participants can view each other's reports,
    which creates risks such as data tampering and accidentally deleting other people's files,
    which is not good.

If “Request files” are available in your organization, the problem will be solved.
    I hope the…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. OneDrive is not compatible with Office365 if Sharepoint not hosted at Microsoft and latest version

OneDrive is not copatible with Office365 when the Sharepoint is not latests version and not hosted at Microsoft.
    This is critical for a decision to pass to Office 365, or to abbandon OneDrive/SharePoint

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to designate users to share content with using wildcards

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive でワイルドカードで共有相手を指定したい
    Ability to designate users to share content with using wildcards

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business で共有相手を指定する際に、ドメインやワイルドカードで指定して共有できる機能の追加を希望します。
    When selecting who to share items on OneDrive for Business with, we would like a function whereby we are able to specify users using domains and wildcards.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. We NEED to see the total number of files/sub-folders within a folder! Windows File Explorer has it and I use it constantly!

We NEED to see the total number of files/sub-folders within a folder! Windows File Explorer has it and I use it constantly!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. OneDrive should generate a share-link while a file is still syncing.

We work with media files which can be larger than most common files.

A user has to wait for the file to sync before a share-link can be built. This totally breaks the stream of thought for a workflow.

Dropbox always allowed the link generation immediately.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Make links actually short

I have seen you said One Drive does this now, but my links are really long: the last one was 48 characters. Bit.ly shortens Dropbox links up to only 7 characters after the "/" but I can not use it with One Drive (it says my link is already shortened with 48 characters!).

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Add copy link button to windows explorer

Would be a time saver to be able to copy the online folder link from windows explorer

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Read Receipts when Sharing with Multiple Users

Currently sharing a folder with multiple user's does not send out read receipts from each user.

The only work around we could find was to create a link with edit rights, share it with a single user, and then change the link to read only. Then repeat for every user we want to share the file with.

If we create a read only link and then share it individually it consolidates all shares into one link which does not send us a read receipt.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. 安卓版功能太少

安卓版one drive没有个人保管库,希望尽快加入这个功能

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add Grant Access Capability to Sharing Interface for all UIs

Allow users to grant access to a file/folder, rather than just sharing links, from all OneDrive/SharePoint UIs (web, desktop, and mobile). Right now, mobile and desktop only let you create/copy sharing links. However, this isn't useful if you later need a link that will for sure work for everyone with access (whether view or edit). The "people with existing access" link option works great for users who have been granted access, but isn't helpful when a bunch of people only have access only through specific sharing links.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Stop OneDrive from Syncing Certain Local Folders

I need to stop certain folders on my computer from syncing to OneDrive and remain only locally on my computer.

The Problem: OneDrive automatically syncs all files/folders saved in "My Documents," which has been working fine for me so far on the "Free" (5 GB Max) version because I only save word documents/excel sheets for work in "My Documents" and save larger files in folders on my computer that are not tied to OneDrive. However, some applications default to saving their enormous program folders in "My Documents" and I've recently run into this issue. Now OneDrive is completely full trying…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. onedrive for android tv please

please, suport for android tv

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add the function to specify the sharing range

I would like to publish PowerPoint files saved on OneDrive on website created with WordPress, but not to allow viewers to copy or download my file.
    I would like to share the content, not the skill (e.g. how to create animations, )that is needed to creat the file.

So, I hope that OneDrive add a function to specify the sharing range if you publish files using embed code or shared link URL.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Searching for Access files

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    Access ファイルの検索について
    Searching for Access files

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business にアップロードした Access ファイルを日付で検索できるような機能を追加してほしい
    I would like a function whereby one can search for Access files that have been uploaded to OneDrive for Business by date.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow shared folders or your own folders to actually appear on your computer and sync when whichever one changes

Having a folder on your computer desktop or wherever you put it as well as the one drive older. Whenever you make any change to your OneDrive folder or your folder in you computer,, the other one will sync automatically. Great for working on other devices.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. use account alias to share one drive links

Account Aliases are a great feature in Microsoft Office. It allows you to protect your account id while communicating and adds a later of protection to your primary email account from breach events and maintain privacy. While you can send emails from aliases in your account, when I share one drive links, my primary account id is displayed. We should be allowed to share links from our aliases to protect our account. This should be a universal features across all Microsoft Office products.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Add Syncing feature between OneDrive and Google Drive

Please add an option to OneDrive users for syncing online between OneDrive Storage and Google Drive Storage. Thank you!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 26 27
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories