OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. External guest access - do not redirect to account registration

When we try to share a document with an external guest, usually invited when they are going to access, it asks for a password and as they have never accessed the Tenant, they still don't have an account and a password defined, so they get lost there, they have to click on the link I forgot the password to be able to complete the registration in Tenant and gain access.

I think this is stupid from MS, because if the user does not yet exist in Tenant, the system had to identify and send the guest to a registration page…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Completely separate Onedrive and Sharepoint sharing settings please

Please consider decoupling Sharepoint and Onedrive sharing settings and allowing Onedrive to have more permissive settings than Sharepoint. We have users switching to Dropbox, etc., in order to accommodate this need when really Onedrive could take care of it if this was possible.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. 安装onedrive app在PC上时,可以有个选项来选择哪些文件和文件夹需要同步到本计算机上吗?最好不要安装后再设置,有时候文件夹很大等安装onedrive后再取消同步会很麻烦。

安装onedrive app在PC上时,可以有个选项来选择哪些文件和文件夹需要同步到本计算机上吗?最好不要安装后再设置,有时候文件夹很大等安装onedrive后再取消同步会很麻烦。

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Transfer Files from OneDrive to another OneDrive Account

I had 2 different OneDrive Account out of which 1 have vacant spaces and another one is about to full of space. As such like to transfer those files from 1 account to another but the option is not available. The file size is around 860 GB, so it would be tedius task to download and upload again.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. OneDrive Deleting Files and other sync issues. Proposal: Give me 100% confidence on base sync and collaboration

Onedrive is not performing its primary purpose, syncing for collaboration. OneDrive (OD) sync deleting files. Witnessed by MS Support (Tata, did a great job) on a screenshare call.

I have experienced very basic sync issues many times including a few additional items. This has cost our business many many hours of rework manually resolving the issues. The most serious outlined below. I have spent almost 2 hours on support calls and shared 13 e-mails without resolution.

I have used Google Drive and Google Apps for the past 3 years on business and 10 years personal, I never experienced any sync…

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Copy-to and Move-to include shared folders

When using the move-to and copy-to feature, the destination picklist of folders should also include folders that have been shared with you where you have edit privileges.

Because copying files across accounts is a pain.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Disable Allow edit by default

When sharing with a link the edition should be blocked by default, because the sharing link is most to visualization than another thing

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. ALERT feature

Possibility for a User/s to get ALERT via mail once a file is posted on to a Shared folder in One Drive.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 提供下載連結給非公司之外部人員下載,外部人員不須註冊之下,點下載連結,便可輕鬆地下載檔案

我公司安全控管設定為"擁有連結的人員"才能分享檔案,
    但我如何快速地將onedrive檔案提供給非公司之外部人員下載呢?
    可否有一個功能,讓onedrive的使用者將檔案產生連結,提供給公司外部人員下載,
    公司外部人員無須任何的註冊,設定,就能輕鬆地下載檔案呢?
    必竟不是每個下載檔案的人都要編輯,只是要看而已.
    現在的檔案放在onedrive,如要提供下載,必須下載檔案,然後上傳到google雲端,產生連結後,再傳此連結給公司外部人員,使用onedrive後,卻因安全性控管而造成了困擾.希望microsoft能改善此一問題.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. 1 Email account to collect all subscriptions, or 1 domain to automatically collect all-in-one email addresses, customizable.

There should be a way to collect automatic account subscriptions.
    Within the application from the same product or organization
    For ease of connection, you can use the

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Coworker Notification

A button (like a diner bell!) to quickly notify a coworker within a OneDrive folder that I've finished uploading files that they need/are waiting on

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. I think that two step verification once challenged should authenticate root authority verification

not trying to influence special interest... I find that redundant behavior highly irregular!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Allo shared folders to synchronise with private OneDrive accounts

A family member of mine is working with a business OneDrive account. I've wanted to work with her in one of her folders, therefore she shared one folder with my OneDrive adress (private - non-business)
    Currently I am not able sycnhronize this folder with my account, but it would be great to implement that feature. One main point of OneDrive is collaborative work, which can be only fully achieved when people are able to access files like they are used to.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Picture Ratings and Metadata

I can't even understand why this BASIC feature is not there yet, as it's useful for many different fields.
    As a professionnal photographer, the possibility for my clients to rate pictures is critical ( 5 stars = selected, for example). Right now they need to either move the file to a "selected" folder or write down the files they like, how ludicrous is this ?
    This kind of metadata is so basic I'm losing my mind it's not there.
    The last similar suggestion I saw was met with ludicrous arrogance by the OneDrive team, why wouldn't you listen to your…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. No "read only" or view only option for album sharing?

I shared photo album with someone and they deleted the pictures in it. I tried to figure out a way to share the album with someone using a link and they get edit access by default.
    Tried exploring if there's any option to make it read only access but there isnt. I lost good pictures from my trip and the person accidetally deleted it.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Hi, I'm Emmanuel and I'm a web developer.

Yesterday I finally decided to switch from Google Drive to Onedrive in order to sync all my developer work. Just to find out this morning that Onedrive couldn't cope with some naming convention that third party app extensions use in my projects. Went online with a very optimistic approach to find a solution and the best suggestion I could find on the official ondrive page was to manually move all these files in a folder that I wouldn't syncronize. Wow what a brilliant solution. I went back to Google drive. Thanks Team for the brief encounter....

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Extend the capacity of basic account (max 1000 gb)

HI,

I have a drive with the company I work for and I decided to get one for me . THe problem...I only 1000 gb.
    With the reality of phones capacity, ill suggest you give the option to extend the 1000 gb to 10 000 gb to satisfy the demand.

I am dying to get more space on my one drive account bricedumanois@gmail.com.... I cant get it..

SO now I am looking at other cloud option such as google drive and samsung.

Have a good day.

Thank you for your product.

Keep up the good job

my accounts :

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Não consigo fazer o backup de arquivos que deletei no meu OneDrive.

As informações que se tem para o backup são sempre as mesmas. E não me direcionam para uma página onde possa escolher datas especificas, e pastas e arquivos especificos deletados.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow Request file from other without enabling Anyone Link

Allow request file from others should be present without the need to enable Anyone Links.
    Also, if we have to enable Anyone Links an option should be provided to enable it at file or folder level. Currently, enabling this at folder level poses more security risks.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 43 44
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base