OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Website able to point to files in a OneDrive folder

I maintain a lot of image files in OneDrive. And my website needs to be able to show these images. The Web site's HTML should have image tags with the src attributes pointing to the files. I can't generate and hard code an embed link per file (hundreds of image files). I am OK with generating one "link" for the images' folder in onedrive and using that link in the src attribute, append to it the file name(s). Something like src='theOneDriveFolderLink=file=i.jpg".

From what I have seen, this is not supported. Then I have to upload all the images to my…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Seeing real-time updates by those with "view only" access

Right now, if you share a document with someone and give that person "view only" access (rather than "editing rights"), they are NOT able to see real-time or live updates to that doc. They can only see updates if they refresh the page or close out and reopen.

The real-time/live updates only happen when you give "editing rights" to a person and I don't understand why that feature wouldn't be available for both types of access. We have many documents that we want people to see in real-time, but don't want to give access to edit

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. File Request without the need for external sharing

File Request on OneDrive currently requires that external sharing is turned on, even if we only want to use it internally within our organisation. Please can you look into the possibility of enabling File Request for internal only requests.

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Don't allow others to share from my personal space

When i share a folder with someone i dont want them to share it again with other people. I want to have full control over the ones who use my Onedrive.

At least if someone create a link for a folder/ file i should be able to approve it.

This happens on Onedrive for business.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Direct Link copy with left mouse click

I am missing the following functionality:

When using folders on a Laptop/PC that are synchronized OneDrive/Sharepoint, I would like to be able to just left click a folder or document and select "copy direct link".

This would save a lot of time (and clicks), since as of today one needs to click share, add a name, switch to "link" and copy that link. Or alternatively, go to "view online", open the browser and copy the link from there.

Thank you and best regards,
    Andi

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Allow user to choose edit method of sharing office files in email(use local office)

As we all know, in some countries, we can't use onedrive in web. Unfortunatelly, sharing notice email navigate to onedrive.com directly. If you want to edit files in local office, you need to choose it from the web. This is really ridiculous. We strongly recommend add choose function in email ASAP.
    总所周知,在一些国家,我们不能在网页中使用OneDrive。不幸的是,共享文件的通知邮件会直接跳转onedrive.com。这是不合理的。我们强烈要求增加本地修改功能在通知邮件中。

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Add a on/off toggle for Popular around you

Add a on/off toggle in the admin panel like you did in the Bing work connector. It is that simple.. Otherwise you will lose education all together.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow share folders and documents between Personal and Business accounts

When you have a personal account you also need to work with business one sharing folders and documents

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow to sync files with different levels of priority

The idea is to enable the user to decide to upload or sync important/urgent files first while non urgent ones will be uploaded later. This can be achieved by giving a priority status to the files (for example High, Normal and Low). It is the same approach used by torrent software when downloading multiple files.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. It is difficult to check that all photos have been transferred from Samsung Cloud to Microsoft One Drive

Produce a report that confirms that the transfer is complete.
    Report how many photos have been successfully transferred and how many have failed.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Option to turn off the email notification from the commenter side

Option to turn off the email notification from the commenter side in excel, email should be sent on to @, not to everyone.

there is an option to turn off notification from the receiver side, but it cannot be that i have to ask all stakeholders to turn off their notification for that reason, this should be from the commenter side.

Thank you !

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. I want mobile apps to be able to use libraries of external tenants with B2B synchronization, just like desktop apps.

I want mobile apps to be able to use libraries of external tenants with B2B synchronization, just like desktop apps.

https://docs.microsoft.com/ja-jp/onedrive/b2b-sync

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. expired sharing date

If the sharing date is expired, the document will be automatically removed from the "shared document list"

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Block downloads on Shared Folders

Currently when you share a folder from OneDrive you're unable to block the downloading of ANY files within that folder (even if those file types you can block if you share the individually).

Even if the Allow Editing box is unchecked, the recipient can still download any files within that folder.

It will be great to be able to restrict downloads from the Shared Folder as often users want to share out a significant number of files and its not great having to share a link for each individual file.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Renaming of onedrive structures

When syncing with sharepoint, onedrive does not update the top level company name, even after it is renamed in the tenant. This makes it impossible to rename the company within the onedrive utility, even though the office 365 tenant shows te renamed company. This is a basic need and should be enabled.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Store Locations that are synced in o365 so that new or alternative machines will automatically sync these too

It's great you can add locations to sync in OneDrive (ie Sharepoint sites), however when you move to a new machine these are not carried over.
    It would be good if locations that are synced can be shared across multiple machines without having to re-add them manually, it is not always easy to refind them!

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Sharepoint Add to Onedrive

Provide a better indicator for folders from SharePoint synced to OneDrive. I have users who have mistakenly deleted content from SharePoint sites by deleting the linked OneDrive folder. Synced lower level folders from the SharePoint sites have nothing more than a folder icon with a small blue chain indicator that it is linked. The name of the folder is the same as it is in SharePoint i.e. "General" and no additional indicator what SharePoint site it is from.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Allow folders to be ranked for upload. So most important folders/files are uploaded first

SHaring folders with a team that is waiting is sometimes frustrating because they cannot see the particular file you refer to.

It ends up that we just email some files so that we don't have to wait for the random assignment of folders to finally select the one we want to see.

Broadly I'd like to mark folders for secondary upload AFTER the primary folders/files have replicated.

Like you would select most folders and files as secondary and support so that individual files or folders are replicated first.

It's these files first... and then the rest as pot-luck.
    Or
    These…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Local Copy Only (Do not Synchronize to Cloud)

As a User, I need the ability to opt-out specific files/folders from synchronizing to the cloud so that I do not face consistent synchronization issues with multiple files constantly changing (i.e. Node Modules / Development).

Currently, OneDrive allows me to opt-out synchronizing specific files/folders, but the process only deletes the files on my local machine and continues to store the files within the cloud. This is extremely useful in certain scenarios, but I also need the opposite.

With OneDrive becoming more engrained into the Windows OS, now my desktop and documents folder are automatically included to synchronize with OneDrive. I…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 42 43
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base