OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Add a system to automatically update sharing links when UPNs or mail addresses are changed

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    UPN やメール アドレスを変更した際に、共有リンクの更新作業を自動で行うシステムの導入
    Add a system to automatically update sharing links when UPNs or mail addresses are changed

■Description(内容):
    UPN やメール アドレスを変更した際に、今まで共有リンクとして利用していた OneDrive for Business の URL が利用不可となるため、共有を受けたリンクからアクセスできなくなる。
    UPN 変更に伴い、OneDrive for Business のURL が変更された場合、 共有リンクの更新作業を自動で行うシステムの導入を希望します。

If UPNs or mail addresses are changed, then sharing links from OneDrive for Business become unusable, and the users those items are shared with can no longer access them.
    Please add a system that automatically updates sharing links when OneDrive for Business URLs are changed due to UPN changes.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Download all items in a shared folder

It would be helpful if you could download all files of a shared folder at once without having to log into a Microsoft account. At the moment it is possible to select all files, but a download button is missing. It shows only for individual files.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Add a way to change permissions after an item on OneDrive for Business has been shared with “Anyone in the organization with the link”

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business [リンクを知っている組織のユーザー] で共有後の権限変更の機能を追加してほしい
    Add a way to change permissions after an item on OneDrive for Business has been shared with “Anyone in the organization with the link”

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business で、[特定のユーザー] で共有した場合は、共有後に 編集可能 ⇔ 表示可能の権限変更が可能だが、[リンクを知っている組織のユーザー] で共有した場合は権限変更ができない。
    [リンクを知っている組織のユーザー] で共有した際は権限変更するのにリンクを作り直す必要があるため、[特定のユーザー] で共有した場合と同じように、簡単に権限変更できるよう機能を統一してほしい。

On OneDrive for Business, if you share something with “Specified users”, you can change their permissions between editing and viewing afterwards, however you cannot do this if you share with “Anyone in the organization with the link”.
    In order to change permissions after sharing in this way, it is necessary to remake the link,…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make "Shared with Me" files accessible in OneDrive desktop app.

I'd like to be able to access files and folders that have been shared with me from OneDrive desktop rather than having to open Office Online every time.

(As a student trying to organize online course materials, having to constantly open a browser to view pertinent files is annoying.)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Google Photos compete!

Make the Photo area of OneDrive Photos better and more like a compete offering to Google Photos.

There is a great oppotunity to fill some of the gabs Google made for them selves last summer and many users are looking for alternatives. OneDrive needs these features to be a real alternative to Google Photos:
    Search via image reconition for:
    * Faces! / People!
    * Animals
    * Known obejcts (cars, books, receips, hats and so on)
    * Places
    * Dates

Reminders for photos I've taken, like:
    * Photos from today xx years ago
    * Photos from this week xx years ago …

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Upload new version of a file without changing the shared link

I am trying to upload a new version of a training file on OneDrive, but it doesn't give me the option to upload the new version when I select the file. I wish to upload the new version such that it doesn't change the shared link, as I have shared it with multiple people. Box folders have this capability, so a lot of businesses have been choosing box over onedrive

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Well,...I do know that this is very exciting,..I am , with everything else there are security issues with the freeflowing word on {SHARING}

Im seriously new to computer language and behind the scenes to the Latest trends but One of thebiggest problems i have is(Besidesmy correct use of commas and periods when im typing as i think ) when it comes to the uploading and storing. Alot of my pics and collections are a part of many projects and need them in one space with no ,Collaborations or Opinions for months at a time.On the otherhand i do need to be able to mix and matchwith other photos . That is where I start getting Annoyed when I get back to my computer…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. 希望onedrive增加”增量同步“的功能。就是当用户在修改任意文件时,OneDrive会通过智能分析,找出当前的文件和上一个版本之间修改的部分,在同步时只上传修改两个版本的差异部分,从而大大加快文件的同步速度、降低流量的消耗,提高同步效率。

希望onedrive增加”增量同步“的功能。就是当用户在修改任意文件时,OneDrive会通过智能分析,找出当前的文件和上一个版本之间修改的部分,在同步时只上传修改两个版本的差异部分,从而大大加快文件的同步速度、降低流量的消耗,提高同步效率。
    Machine Translation:Hope that onedrive will increase the "incremental synchronization" function. That is, when the user is modifying any file, OneDrive will use intelligent analysis to find out the modified part between the current file and the previous version, and only upload and modify the difference between the two versions during synchronization, thus greatly speeding up the synchronization of the file , Reduce traffic consumption and improve synchronization efficiency.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Mention `Request File` link expiry in UI and documentation

I sent a Request File link to a client but it expired before they could act upon.

The UI nor the documentation currently mentions that the link expires. Instead it seems to indicate that you can delete the request link once you no longer need it. This can lead people to believe that the link will be permanent.

A first step could be to display the expiry date in the UI and documentation. Later it would be nice to be able to select for how long this request should be valid.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. "shared by me" with more functionalities

I have difficulties with shared folders. I already have a lot of them (over 60) - but since many of them are no longer relevant, I want to remove them. When I display all of them in a list (shared by me), I see very little information about the items. There is only one column for name, sharing and size. More info is only available via the i-icon for details. With so many elements, it would be very handy if you could define yourself what columns are displayed. For example "Sharing date", "Shared with", "Expiration date", "Path". At least up…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Synchronization of files "shared with me" in One Drive Windows explorer

It would be really useful to access the files that are shared with me directly from Windows explorer instead of accessing them only in the internet browser.

18 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Give people editing access but don't let them share with others

I would like to give other people the ability to edit my word document / excel spreadsheet, but I don't want them to be able to share it with other people. Can we please make this happen? I think it would be very very helpful to lelt other people access but still keep them a notch below the sheet/doc owner who has exclusive control (if so desired) over who sees it and can edit it. Thank you.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Collaboration outside the organisation

We work with many freelancers and cooperation partners, so it is essential that we share with them folders, even if they do not have a company email address. It is essential that they be able to sync the folders to their one drive, edit files in it, add files to it and work with this folders as if they were a part of our oragansation, otherwise OneDrive is pretty useless. By the way the same applies for To-Dos. Why are all this great tools so restricted, it just doesn‘t make sense. No competitor does that

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Enable the display of files I have shared within the OneDrive sync app

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive 同期アプリにて共有したファイルを表示できるようにしたい。
    Enable the display of files I have shared within the OneDrive sync app

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive 同期アプリで、共有したファイルを表示させたい場合、共有用のフォルダを作り、フォルダー毎に同期の設定が必要であり手間である。
    通常利用するOneDrive のフォルダーにて共有したファイルも表示できる機能の拡充を希望します。

In the OneDrive sync app, if you want to see files you have shared, you need to create a folder specially for sharing and set the sync settings for each folder, which takes a lot of work.
    Please add a way to see files which are shared within regular OneDrive folders.

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Priorized Upload

Would be nyce to prioritize a bunch of data in a huge mass that has to be uploaded so i can use them as fast as possible ;)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base