OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Time bound sharing links on all sharing options not just Anonymous

With anonymous links IT can set a time limit on when a link expires.

It would be great to be able to set that via an IT admin policy for a maximum and for users to be able to set an expiry on all types of links.

For internally shared links I would like to see a notification when the link is about to expire with a reminder to move documents to SharePoint if they need to be retained and shared.

Also to allow them to extend the share for x amount of days.

This highlights people keeping everything Onedrive

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. If Guest Contributor can delete the file only added by them to the shared link folder.

If Guest Contributor can delete the file only added by them to the shared link folder.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Enable opening an Excel file edited with Excel Client in iOS Excel app without an error

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    Excel クライアント と iOS アプリでの共同編集時のエラーについて

Enable opening an Excel file edited with Excel Client in iOS Excel app without an error

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business から共有した Excelファイルを共同編集をする際に、Excel クライアントで編集したデータを、iOS 版の Excel アプリで開くと "アップロードできません-変更を他のユーザーの変更と結合することはできません" というエラーが表示されることがある。
    Excel クライアントで編集したデータを、iOS 版の Excel アプリで開いてもエラーが表示されないように対応してほしい。

When attempting to co-edit an Excel file shared via OneDrive for Business, if users open the file with iOS Excel app, the error “Cannot upload-changes cannot be combined with other users ' changes” occurs.

For smoother co-edit operation, we hope you to fix this error when opening a file edited with Excel Client in iOS Excel app.

Thank…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allow Remove photos from Shared Album

It should be possible to Remove photos from a Shared Album. Shared Albums, with Editable permissions, only allows to Add photos, but not Remove photos from it.
    If I want to create a Shared Album from a folder with a huge amount of photos, to be able to get help from other users on deciding the final list of photos to be printed, whilst not changing the photos on the initial folder, this functionality would be required. It would allow collaboratively work on a Shared Album, without affecting the original set of Photos. A possible approach for this would be…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. For me to use the 100% onedrive - share equal dropbox folder

For me to use the 100% onedrive - share equal dropbox folder

It would be great if he shared a folder and made the folder locally equal to the dropbox, where several people can save and show the files to all that are allowed.

In the dropbox when we share a folder, it appears to the person, everyone can save that folder locally on your PC.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Generate SHARE LINK in advance ahead of time like DropBox!

I hate the fact that oneDrive has to wait for the file to be uploaded before a link is ready to share. This forces people like me to WAIT till that upload is finish in order to generate a share link.

In many other Cloud Sharing solutions like DropBox, the flow is much better.

As soon as you add a file in the ShareFolder, a share link is ready to be copy-pasted right away and if the other party visits that link and the file isn't done uploaded yet, it simply tells the user that the file is still uploading.…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Give users ability to set DEFAULT SHARE = VIEW ONLY!!!

Quite annoying that such a basic setting isn't available to regular users (only site admins)

because of this the RIGHTCLICK>Share oneDrive Link in Windows Explorer is absolutely useless to a lot of people because it defaults to an EDITABLE SHARE!!!

I don't understand why this feature has to be queued up and awaiting votes, this is so basic!!!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Recent Files

Have a 'folder' for recent files. Have a time limit in days. To add to this have a 'folder' for each collaborator. We can see work evolution and be able to see what collaborators are working on and the status of the work.

If you really want to make this powerful allow for a comment on the work. "Jim, this is the latest version for our client approval. Please submit if you approve".

In summary this is a simple dashboard of current work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. File system for chrome os

It would be nice to have an extension for the file manager in Chrome Os that fully supports Onedrive. There is actually one (I guess an independent third party) https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/file-system-for-onedrive/jbfdfcehgafdbfpniaimfbfomafoadgo but it doesn't work properly on my Chromebook.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. File system for chrome os

It would be nice to have an extension for the file manager in Chrome Os that fully supports Onedrive. There is actually one (I guess an independent third party) https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/file-system-for-onedrive/jbfdfcehgafdbfpniaimfbfomafoadgo but it doesn't work properly on my Chromebook.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Allow customizing the sharing email title

■Title(件名):
    共有先に通知されるメールの件名をカスタマイズしたい

Allow customizing the sharing email title

■Description(内容):
    SharePoint Online および OneDrive for Business 上からファイルを共有した場合、共有先のメールアドレスに以下の件名の通知メールが届く。
    <共有元ユーザー名> さんが "<ファイル名>" をあなたと共有しました。
    この件名を共有元のユーザーが任意でカスタマイズできる機能をお願いいたします。

As a user shares a file on SharePoint Online or OneDrive for Business, the email with following title format will be sent to users who are shared to. For improvement of usability, allow us to edit the email title as needed.

Email title: <Name of a user who shared the file >shared {File name} file with you.

Thank you for your consideration.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Allow OneDrive business to share and sync with OneDrive personal!

I have a project with 75 partners! Some have OneDrive personal. I cant share and sync with them. So i need to swtich to dropbox or googledrive

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Sharing between OneDrive for Business and OneDrive Personal

As a person responsible for documents I want to share documents and colaborate with my business partners who have OneDrive Personal.
    As a teacher I want to share folder with my students to have up-to-date documents from all of them.

One should be able to share a file from a OneDrive for Business Account to a OneDrive Personal Account in a way which is described here:
    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Add-and-sync-shared-folders-to-OneDrive-8a63cd47-1526-4cd8-bd09-ee3f9bfc1504?ui=en-US&rs=en-US&ad=US&fromAR=1

The feature has been already requested here:
    https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/262982-onedrive/suggestions/20317453-bring-to-onedrive-business-option-add-to-my-onedr
    The idea is similar to:
    https://onedrive.uservoice.com/forums/913531-onedrive-sharing-collaboration/suggestions/15040281-sharing-between-onedrive-personal-and-onedrive-for

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Share OneDrive sync client update timing with users in advance

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive 同期クライアントの更新のタイミングを事前に把握しておきたい。

Share OneDrive sync client update timing with users in advance

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive の同期クライアントの更新のタイミングを事前に把握しておきたい。

背景として、テナント内で一斉に OneDrive の同期クライアントの更新を行うことで、ネットワークに負荷がかかる可能性がある。
    OneDrive の同期クライアントの更新は定期的にランダムに行われるため、現時点では更新を遅らせる情報のみしかない。
    そのため、OneDrive の同期クライアントが自動的に更新されないように管理する機能の実装をお願いします。
    また、事前に OneDrive 同期クライアント最新版の更新がある場合には更新するタイミングを把握できる情報の公開をお願いします。

<関連情報>
    タイトル : グループ ポリシーを使用し、OneDrive 同期クライアント設定を制御する
    アドレス : https://docs.microsoft.com/ja-jp/onedrive/use-group-policy#EnableEnterpriseUpdate
    ※ OneDrive 同期クライアントの更新を遅らせる手順の公開情報です。

We would like to know the OneDrive sync client update timing beforehand.
    We recognize that the network might be overloaded if the updates OneDrive sync client were performed all at once within the tenant.
    The update for OneDrive sync client is performed randomly, however, currently we only have the information to delay updating it.

Therefore, we hope you to…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enable setting a password for files in OneDrive for Business when sharing files with external users

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の外部共有について

Enable setting a password for files in OneDrive for Business when sharing files with external users

■Description(内容):
    個人用の OneDrive で共有する際は、当該のファイルを選択し、[共有] をクリックすると [パスワードの設定] と表示され、ファイルにパスワードを設定し共有が可能。
    OneDrive for Business には、そのような機能がないため、同じようにパスワードの設定をかけ共有できるよう機能の拡充希望。

When sharing items via personal OneDrive, as users select the file and click [Share], they can set password for the shared files from [Set Password:] menu. This option is currently not available for OneDrive for Business.

For improvement of usability, add setting password option to OneDrive for Business as well.

Thank you for your consideration

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. I want to prioritize a specific file to sync on demand.

As an end user working multiple projects across multiple teams, I want to prioritize a specific file to sync on demand

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Don't separate "files" and "shared"

When sharing files with my team, I have to remember if I created the file or if someone else did in order to know where to find it. All files should just be in the same place and clearly labeled by who was the originator with ability to sort/filter by that field.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Increase file size limit to allow easier migration from third parties like Box

We see many customers struggling to migrate from 3rd party services such as Box to OneDrive due to limitations in file size limits in OneDrive.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. create a web page from an album in order to share pictures.

My family just had a reunion, and of course we are sharing photos. My brother uses Icloud to share his. He does this by clicking an option to share as a web page. This is very convenient to share with people who don't have a MSFT ID.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base