OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Provide embed code in share options

In addition to the share link, provide embed codes for files stored in OneDrive, for use in Forms, websites, etc.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Provide a feature to restrict sharing between different domains.

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    共有の設定について

Provide a feature to restrict sharing between different domains.

■Description(内容):
    同じ、テナント名において、ドメインを 2 つ作成します。
    サブドメイン としたドメインに対して、主のドメインのユーザーより誤って、サブドメインのユーザーに対して共有をできないように、同じテナントのドメインにて、制御できるような機能の実装を希望いたします。

同じテナント名でドメインを2つ作成
    主ドメインのユーザーが誤ってサブドメインのユーザーに共有しないよう、異なるドメイン間での共有を禁止する機能を実装してほしい

In case there are two different domains under the same tenant name, add a feature to prohibit sharing items between those two domains. We believe it will help to prevent users in the main domain from sharing items with subdomain users accidentally.

Thank you for your consideration.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. 2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Have a Read only pop up for PDF Forms already in use

I currently share our many PDF forms and multiple people edit them on mobile devices. If two people have one file open, there’s no warning that data could be compromised. Whoever closes out the file last will have their edits saved. I would love to see a Read only notification when trying to access the form so that there’s no confusion. Much like how Excel will give you that same type of warning so you don’t end up with lost data.

Thanks for your consideration.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Major Security Hole in O365 / OneDrive

THE ISSUE:

We have discovered what represents a Major Security Hole in O365 / OneDrive, where the domain group "Everyone except external users” is being granted Read permissions for new objects and child objects, a default process that can not be altered.

The Steps to produce the scenario are as follows:

1. From a user's OneDrive Go to Site Settings

2. Under Site Administration, click on Site Libraries & Lists

3. Create a new Object (Library, List, App or Sub-site)

Permissions set for newly created objects (and their items) are:
    a. Owner of the site has Full or “Owner” rights
    b. Everyone except

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Sobre edición de documentos compartidos

Sería bueno que cuando se comparte un documento y las otras personas pueden editar, se refleje si alguien los está editando y cuando lo hizo.
    Para así evitar las versiones en conflicto.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Sobre edición de documentos compartidos

Sería bueno que cuando se comparte un documento y las otras personas pueden editar, se refleje si alguien los está editando y cuando lo hizo.
    Para así evitar las versiones en conflicto.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Relative paths for synced drives

The path to file on OneDrive start with C:\Users<username>\ so each user will have a different path. This breaks the connection to source files in AutoCAD Map, making the drawing unusable to anyone other than the creator.

If the path could be relative or not include usernames we could use OneDrive to store our files.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Guys, for next level in the China add a "simple-to-do" & "mobile&laptop-friendly" WECHAT app sharing option for files.

People spend an average of 2-3h a day on wechat in China.
    It is one of the mostly used channels to share documents that aim for 1:1 or groups of people.
    It is fast.
    It is easily re-accessible.
    It can work on multiple devices.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Warning for special characters in folder title

There should be a small warning (same as in Windows) when editing a shared folder title, that there are no special characters allowed. We used a hashtag in a title and the folder couldn't be synced, both us and Microsoft support team spent days figuring out the problem.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Remove access to all the subfolders with one click

ParentFolder has tens of subfolders. Every subfolder is shared with a different person. I want to stop sharing the subfolders by clicking something like 'stop sharing the children' in the ParentFolder details pane. Now I have to go to every subfolder's details pane and remove the shared access there manually.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Be able to sync multiple OneDrives into one joint account

I have multiple one drive accounts associated with different email accounts, and I would like to be able to sync them so everything is in one place.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Transfer Ownership of Someone's OneDrive without losing current Shared Permissions

We have a user who left and I would like to transfer their files to their replacement. I can do that but if I do the current shared permissions that are set on those files will be lost. there should be a way for this to happen without losing those permissions.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Access Sharepoint shared folder in 'Shared with Me' in App

If I share a folder within a SharePoint library to a user (who has other access to the libary), I cannot see this folder in the "Shared with Me" when using either the Outlook for iOS or Android App. The folder DOES appear when using a browser so the permissions and access work.

Furthermore, if I open the email invitation to the shared folder on a phone/tablet and click on the link, the device will open OneDrive and into the shared folder. However, if I return to OneDrive at a later date, there is no way to get back to…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow files to be uploaded from other websites directly with the link

I would like to upload some files from other Cloud storages to one drive directly. Not by downloading to my pc and then again uploading.
    Instead allow files to be uploaded to my drive through a link from other cloud storages

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Correct the behavior when accessing a team site via the site lists on the left of OneDrive for Business screen

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business 画面左側一覧よりサイトにアクセスした際の動作について

Correct the behavior when accessing a team site via the site lists on the left of OneDrive for Business screen

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 画面左側一覧よりサイトにアクセスした際、右クリックの [プレビュー] にて表示させると編集モードにて表示するため編集が可能な状況となり、サイトの "更新者" の項目が変更されるため、直接サイトにアクセスした際の動作と同様に、右クリックの [プレビュー] にてプレビューモードで表示するように機能の変更を希望します。

After accessing a site from the site lists on the left of OneDrive for Business screen, as we right click on an item and select [Preview], it will be opened in edit mode and the “Updated by” section of the site will be updated automatically.

When we access the site directly and then right click on the item and select “Preview”…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Shorten URLs for OneDrive for Business items when sharing them

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の 共有時の URL の短縮する機能を希望

Shorten URLs for OneDrive for Business items when sharing them

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business にて共有を行う際、アイテムにアクセスするための URL を相手に伝える際に、URL が長くなり不便なため、短縮 URL を作成する機能を実装してほしい。

We feel the inconvenience that the URLs to access shared items are too long to tell other users.

In order to improve usability, please implement a feature to shorten those URLs for sharing items on OneDrive for Business.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow us to fix Excel files as “read only” when using sync client of OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の同期クライアント利用時に Excel ファイルを読み取り専用に固定する機能の実装希望
    Allow us to fix Excel files as “read only” when using sync client of OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    現時点での動作では OneDrive for Business の同期クライアント利用時に Excel ファイルを完全に読み取り専用にすることが出来ない。チェックアウトを行うことで読み取り専用とすることが可能だが、頻繁に編集を行うファイルの場合は、工数が多くかかり運用に適していない。以前は読み取り専用での利用ができていたため、読み取り専用に固定し利用ができるよう機能拡充を希望します。

When we use sync client of OneDrive for Business, not all the Excel files will be “read only”.

Check out feature is able to make files as read only, but it takes a lot of time and increased workload to use this feature for the file we use frequently.

Formerly files became “read only” when multiple users open the one file, so we would like…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add a view to display a user’s own files and shared files within OneDrive for Business in a same screen

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business 内のファイル表示方法について

Add a view to display a user’s own files and shared files within OneDrive for Business in a same screen

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business 内の自分のファイルと共有されたファイルを 1 つの画面でまとめて表示させるビューの追加を希望します。

For improvement of manageability of OneDrive for Business, it will be great if we had a view that can display our own files and files shared with us together in a same screen.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Comment document updates

I'd like to comment the updates of a sparticular file which is shared amongst the team.
    This would be essential for such document types, which are not editable (like PDF) or not editable by Office 365 totols

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base