OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Have OneDrive play nicer with Rocketbook

Something happened the week of April 30th. A OneDrive upgrade or something. Rocketbook now keeps failing to send files to OneDrive.

It is really hard to figure out if it is a security setting or whatever. Very frustrating. It should be easier for users to fix these things.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Link Expiration for all sharing types

Creating a link that expires for all the different sharing types (Specific People, People with existing access or People in ORG with the link) instead of just "Anyone Links".

38 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Need to be able to organise One Drive shared files into own folders without losing shared editing access

I desperately need to be able to organise shared files into my own folders without losing the shared access or editing ability. Currently, with no way of doing this, all I have is an ever expanding list of hundreds of shared files that make it impossible to locate anything. It seems ridiculous that this was not thought of in the design of One Drive. Google Drive does this - why can't One Drive? At least at the moment, my company hasn't taken away our Google Drive access. This is probably going to happen at the end of the year, and…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Remove file in 0 sync.

When a file are sync and there is something in 0 proccess it damege the sync so i have to remove from the folder but still appear like is in sync. please how can it disappear without remove the program and reinstall again, should be update the bar .

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Documents as a task in my To-Do's

It would be great if I can add a document to my Task list in To-Do (like the new functionality in Outlook where I can add a email to my Task list.

Today I scan my document which I get by post and save them directly in OneDrive. If I have for example a invoice, I would like to add a reminder for that.
    At the Moment I have a Workaround and send me my document by email and add this email to my To-Do App as a new Task.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Adding the column "Date Created" for folders instead of using "Date Modified".

Adding the column "Date Created" for folders instead of using "Date Modified" Using "Date Modified" for folder creation date only causes confusion among users. Currently, the "Date Modified" column for a folder does not change when a file is created or modified in that folder. there should be a column "Date Created" that shows the actual date when the folder was created. Then there should be a "Date Modified" column that actually shows the date and time when someone added, deleted or modified a file inside the folder

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Create list of all files on OneDrive

I have an account with a complex but logical folder structure and thousands of files shared for various purposes, but i cannot find a way to get a list of these files. Ideally i need a list of the files and the direct path to each one.
    I am basically looking for ways to manage the files more efficiently and be able to send filtered lists of the files to colleagues I am sharing with.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow personal annotation for shared files

Users are allowed to run notes on the shared files but the notes are available for personal view only and not shared like the files.

This way, users would have personal notes not visible to others but will have a single source for the actual shared file.

Example, I would be sharing files and discussing it over a meeting. Users can put notes on the shared files as we go along, but then these notes are available for their use only. Notes from other users are not shared, only the file.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Possibility to preset the view-option for shared folders (e.g. "Photo" for Picture Galeries)

It would be great, if you could preset the view-option for shared folders.
    So far, "List view" is automatically preset. But not only for photographers it would be great, if they could preset folders that only contain pictures to"Photo view".
    It would be sufficient, if the folder would "memorise" the last view that the owner has used.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Stop automatically sharing Office Lens files

All files scanned with Office Lens are automatically shared with me. This could be hundets of files. There is no overwiew anymore in OneDrive and shared files. I want to disable automatically sharing for Office Lens. Actually I have to remove access file per file after scanning.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. schedule a shared folder for deletion

The ability to share a folder with a contact and schedule that folder for deletion in X number of days.
    so that After the time span has passed the folder is deleted and until that point in time anyone the folder has been shared with is automatically informed that the folder will no longer be available.

I personally see the rise of digital handoff of data becoming a larger and larger issue... for example a breakup or divorce that comes with a few years worth of OneDrive photos... we don't want to have the folder shared indefinitely as this is…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. One Drive auto login issue

One Drive auto login feature is good but once login is failed it becaomes a pain. It keeps on showing signing in.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Set default filename format for automatically uploaded files

For example, images/video captured on the Xbox One and uploaded to OneDrive will generate a "MM-DD-YYYYhh-mm-ss" type of filename (i.e., "05-01-201912-00-00AM").
    ¶ Personally I would prefer the option to set the default filename to "YYYY-MM-DD
    hh-mm-ss" (i.e., "2019-05-0112-00-00AM"), since this would order the files by year, then month, then day, instead of the honestly awkward month first, then day, then year.
    ¶ Likewise, being able to go from a 12-hour format to a 24-hour format ("00-00-00" instead of "12-00-00_AM") would be useful.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Are there plans to develop a OneDrive add-in for Outlook?

I wanted to share OneDrive files/folders within an existing Outlook email thread if possible. As of now I currently have to recreate contact lists from my web or desktop account when I choose to share certain files or folders from that account.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. The option to color the Folders in your files

Color-coding my folders (the same way its possible for categories in Outlook)

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Change 'ownership' of a OneDrive folder in Office365 Home

I have created a file folder structure for someone else in OneDrive and want to give them ownership of it - but am unable to do so as that is evidently 'not an option' yet I could do that if I was using Google Drive. I am using Office365 Home - seems like this should be a no brainer but have been unable to locate any information re this topic unless I'm an Office Business user, which I'm not. Please allow folder owner transfer in Office365 home.

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Implement feature to exclude specified files from synchronization

Need feature to not synchronize certain files, eg. temporary files. We use software that generates a lot of temporary files with a certain naming convention (fixed by software). Unfortunately, these temporary files are NOT removed when the software exits. So, as we collaborate on different computers, we would generate more copies of the same temporary files with each user's name appended to it when OneDrive synchronizes files from each computer. Therefore it would be beneficial (ultimately more efficient) if users can specify certain files (based on file name pattern) to be excluded from synchronization.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Stop the ability to download - View Only - No Download

Stop the ability to download - View Only - No Download

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Share securely with an authenticated user. (OneDrive "Premium" with Office 365 Home)

Share securely with an authenticated user. (OneDrive "Premium" with Office 365 Home)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)