OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Sharing OneDrive for Business items from the Modern UI

*English follows Japanese
    ■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business のモダン UI からの共有について

Sharing OneDrive for Business items from the Modern UI

■Description(内容):
    MC165027 の適応に伴い、モダン UI から共有の際に、権限の詳細設定の画面に遷移することができなくなり、アイテムに対して固有の権限の設定や削除が行えない。
    詳細設定の画面へ遷移を可能するか、同様の設定項目の追加を希望します。

After MC165027 was applied, users became unable to grant or delete unique permissions to items when sharing items via the Modern UI because currently they cannot navigate to the advanced settings page for permissions.
    For improvement of usability and manageability, allow navigating to the advanced setting page or granting/deleting unique permissions without going anywhere.

Thank you for your consideration.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Unshare In OneDrive

It would be great to allow selected unshare for users, not just for all users.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. One Drive sync problem on iPhone

I have One Drive app + Word app on my IPhone. Created doc on computer, saved in onedrive, shared for editing. Opened doc on iPhone word app edited doc. Edits not showing on onedrive app. Edits show on computer browser and iPhone Word app. It is like onedrive app not syncing. On email and other apps pulling the screen down generates a sync cycle. MS needs to add this feature to the onedrive app.
    This is a problem as when traveling on business i will review edits by team members on iPhone onedrive app if it doesn’t sync i will…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Allowing to migrate/move folders from one account to another one.

For people who have the 5TB plan, and need to use more space that 1TB, it would be very useful to transfer/migrate/move contents from one account to another. Unless you allow one account to incorporate the 1TB from the other (within his subscription plan), instead of using two different accounts. Or, unless you allow to increase the 1TB space via an additional conribution. Let's try to be more flexible with accounts within the same subscription...after all, we are paying for the best experience! Thanks!

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Allow direct export from Onedrive to Snapfish or Shutterfly

Need to be able to send pictures from OneDrive to Snapfish or shutterfly to be able to make printed albums and photos.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Sharing Folder with Seciruty groups and get it shown in Shared Path

Please fix issue that doesn't show Share Folder with security Group.
    If I share a folder with security group that folder is not shown in the user account automatically. It works fine only i f i share with specidfci user!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Include 'Shared With Me' folder in Office Apps 'Open' file menu.

When using the 'Open' feature of the file menu in all Office apps it would be very useful to be able to see the 'Shared With Me' folder as well as my personal OneDrive for Business 'Files' folder.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow synchronizing folders on different devices

Link a folder on your desktop to a folder within OneDrive using 'mklink /j'
    So any changes within the folder on your HDD is synced with the OneDrive folder.

Now, I would like to have a folder on my laptop HDD synced with the OneDrive folder, so whatever I change on either device, it will be synced to the other thru OneDrive.

Probably not (yet) possible. That's to say, I haven't found a way to get this done.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Co-Authoring Cross Tenant

Since Co-Authoring is only available within organization, perhaps it would help if it could be enabled cross tenant, and I believe this would come together with the feature to allow syncing shared files cross tenant. However, I do understand that there is a security risk on this, but I have strong trust with you guys that you can do something about it.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Provide the feature to restrict the ability to upload files other than Office files

■Title(件名):
    Office ファイル以外のファイルをアップロードできないよう制限する機能について

Provide the feature to restrict the ability to upload files other than Office files

■Description(内容):
    特定のフォルダーを共有する際に、共有されたユーザーがフォルダーに Office ファイル以外のファイルをアップロードできないよう、制限する機能を提供してほしい。

When sharing the specific folders, we would like to restrict shared users files from uploading files other than Office files.
    For improvement of usability, we hope you to provide the feature mentioned above/

Thank you for your consideration.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. change the wording when sharing.

You normally have 3 options: People in Contoso, people with existing access or specific people. Our users are selecting 'people in contoso', then emailing the link to an individual. The problem is that the file is then available to everyone on site. If I'm not mistaken if anyone on site searches for the document it will appear. Also in recently shared with me locations it will appear. The problem is we are a school and we are worried about students gaining access to the files. I therefore suggest that you change it to 'everyone in contoso' or 'all people in…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Granular retention in OneDrive.

At the moment we have a single overall days of retention when someone leaves.

We have had on a couple of occasions requirements to extend retention after someone left outside of our policy which is set to the standard 30 days. In this case the person had sensitive data in their Onedrive.

We do not wish to keep everyone for longer just the ability to keep the data longer on an exception basis.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Time bound sharing links on all sharing options not just Anonymous

With anonymous links IT can set a time limit on when a link expires.

It would be great to be able to set that via an IT admin policy for a maximum and for users to be able to set an expiry on all types of links.

For internally shared links I would like to see a notification when the link is about to expire with a reminder to move documents to SharePoint if they need to be retained and shared.

Also to allow them to extend the share for x amount of days.

This highlights people keeping everything Onedrive

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. If Guest Contributor can delete the file only added by them to the shared link folder.

If Guest Contributor can delete the file only added by them to the shared link folder.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Enable opening an Excel file edited with Excel Client in iOS Excel app without an error

■Title(件名):
    Excel クライアント と iOS アプリでの共同編集時のエラーについて

Enable opening an Excel file edited with Excel Client in iOS Excel app without an error

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business から共有した Excelファイルを共同編集をする際に、Excel クライアントで編集したデータを、iOS 版の Excel アプリで開くと "アップロードできません-変更を他のユーザーの変更と結合することはできません" というエラーが表示されることがある。
    Excel クライアントで編集したデータを、iOS 版の Excel アプリで開いてもエラーが表示されないように対応してほしい。

When attempting to co-edit an Excel file shared via OneDrive for Business, if users open the file with iOS Excel app, the error “Cannot upload-changes cannot be combined with other users ' changes” occurs.

For smoother co-edit operation, we hope you to fix this error when opening a file edited with Excel Client in iOS Excel app.

Thank…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Allow Remove photos from Shared Album

It should be possible to Remove photos from a Shared Album. Shared Albums, with Editable permissions, only allows to Add photos, but not Remove photos from it.
    If I want to create a Shared Album from a folder with a huge amount of photos, to be able to get help from other users on deciding the final list of photos to be printed, whilst not changing the photos on the initial folder, this functionality would be required. It would allow collaboratively work on a Shared Album, without affecting the original set of Photos. A possible approach for this would be…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. For me to use the 100% onedrive - share equal dropbox folder

For me to use the 100% onedrive - share equal dropbox folder

It would be great if he shared a folder and made the folder locally equal to the dropbox, where several people can save and show the files to all that are allowed.

In the dropbox when we share a folder, it appears to the person, everyone can save that folder locally on your PC.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Generate SHARE LINK in advance ahead of time like DropBox!

I hate the fact that oneDrive has to wait for the file to be uploaded before a link is ready to share. This forces people like me to WAIT till that upload is finish in order to generate a share link.

In many other Cloud Sharing solutions like DropBox, the flow is much better.

As soon as you add a file in the ShareFolder, a share link is ready to be copy-pasted right away and if the other party visits that link and the file isn't done uploaded yet, it simply tells the user that the file is still uploading.…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Give users ability to set DEFAULT SHARE = VIEW ONLY!!!

Quite annoying that such a basic setting isn't available to regular users (only site admins)

because of this the RIGHTCLICK>Share oneDrive Link in Windows Explorer is absolutely useless to a lot of people because it defaults to an EDITABLE SHARE!!!

I don't understand why this feature has to be queued up and awaiting votes, this is so basic!!!

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Recent Files

Have a 'folder' for recent files. Have a time limit in days. To add to this have a 'folder' for each collaborator. We can see work evolution and be able to see what collaborators are working on and the status of the work.

If you really want to make this powerful allow for a comment on the work. "Jim, this is the latest version for our client approval. Please submit if you approve".

In summary this is a simple dashboard of current work.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base