OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Add function to require a code every time a file is accessed via a sharing link from OneDrive for Business

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business でリンク共有後、アクセスする際に毎回コード入力を求められる機能を要望します。
    Add function to require a code every time a file is accessed via a sharing link from OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    リンク共有を行った際には外部ユーザーはゲスト ユーザーに登録されたるため、初回のみコード要求が行われるが、セキュリティ の観点からリンク共有元から毎回コードを求められるように設定する機能実装を要望します。

When sharing a file using a link, since external users are registered as guest users, they have to enter a code the first time they access it. However, from a security perspective, we would like for the user doing the sharing to be able to set it to require a code every time it is accessed.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Mark the display of a shared file as "Your view - the user only sees the shared file/folders".

If you share a single file, and then check the link itself, you will see all (!) files that are in the same folder (because you are logged in into your one drive accout). This is confusing, because the addressee of the link actually only sees the shared file.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Information displayed in the Sharing tab

■Title(件名):
    共有タブの表示機能について
    Information displayed in the Sharing tab

■Description(内容):
    One Drive for Business で共有機能を利用していますが、共有タブ内は個人で共有したアイテムのみの表示となっており、グループで共有したアイテムは表示されません。
    グループで共有したアイテムも共有タブに表示可能になるよう機能拡充を希望します。

We are using the sharing function in OneDrive for Business, but only items shared with individuals are shown in the Sharing tab, not items shared with groups.
    Please add a way to show items shared with groups in the Sharing tab.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Add a way to hide OneDrive for Business activity

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business のアクティビティを非表示とする機能を追加してほしい
    Add a way to hide OneDrive for Business activity

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business のアクティビティに、だれがいつ編集したか履歴が表示され、履歴をクリックすると編集した人の情報が表示される。(この情報は共有相手にも表示される)
    アクティビティを非表示にする機能を追加してほしい。

The history of who edited which files is held in the OneDrive for Business activity information and clicking on items in the history will show information about the user who made that edit. (This information is also shown to users with whom the file is shared).
    Please allow us to hide the activity information.

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Privacy settings when creating a site from "Create shared library" in OneDrive for Business

OneDrive for Business の [共有ライブラリの作成] からサイトを作成する際のプライバシーの設定について
    Privacy settings when creating a site from "Create shared library" in OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business の [共有ライブラリの作成] から Microsoft 365 グループに接続したサイトを作成する際の "プライバシーの設定" にて、テナントの管理者権限を持つユーザーは [パブリック] および [プライベート] を選択可能とし、管理者以外のユーザーは [プライベート] のみ選択可能としたい。
    ユーザーに自由にパブリックのサイトを作成させないように制限したいため、該当の機能の実装を要望します。

When creating a site connected to a Microsoft 365 group from [Create shared library] in OneDrive for Business, I'd like users with tenant administrator privileges to be able to select [Public] and [Private] in "Privacy settings" while non-administrators only to select [Private].
    Please make this possible so we can restrict users from freely creating public sites.

20 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Allow files/folders to be moved or renamed without breaking sharing links

When sharing files and folders SharePoint Online/OneDrive for Business should use a Guid based URL. I have learned that changing a user's UPN or even the name of a folder or file can break those links due to the URL format.

Box uses a unique folder or file id for all items and no matter if I move that file/folder or change the user's username the link does not break.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Sincronizar pastas do sharepoint no onedirve de utilizadores com conta Office 365 Pessoal

Bom dia.
    Seria muito importante conseguir sincronizar pastas ou ficheiros do sharepoint com utilizadores com contas Office 365 Pessoal.

Tenho um grupo de desenvolvimento e uso a minha conta Office 365 Empresarial para partilhar pelo sharepoint pastas e os convidados conseguem no browser alterar os mesmo, mas era muito mais prático que os utilizadores conseguissem sincronizar no seu onedrive estes ficheiros em vez de terem de fazer download dos mesmo e depois de alterarem fazerem pelo browser update das alterações.

Sem mais de momento,
    José Machado

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Allow annotation of files

Our organization is evaluating moving from Box to OneDrive for Business but one of the popular features our users really enjoy is being able to annotate files directly from the web viewer

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Shared Family Photos

My wife currently shares her photo's folder with me so I have Photos and Photos (1) which as you can imagine, isn't ideal and causes all sorts of headaches.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Dateien mit Nutzern ohne Onedrive teilen

Es gibt Probleme beim Teilen von Dateien mit Usern ohne OneDrive Konto, z.B. Docs, Fotos etc. Die über Link geteilt werden

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Files Saved in OneDrive disappears during co-authoring

I had heard of such complaints from customers, colleagues but did not believe it until it happened to me. it happened between Excel Autosave and OneDrive Synching with multiple users collaborating on the same file. When all parties have finished working on the document, the file is nowhere to be found. The painful part is that the Excel file disappeared when it took us 4days of working with external auditors. Everywhere both documented and undocumented, the temp folder was searched but we couldn't find the Excel file. Will be glad to know if there are any explanations for this or…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Show names of recipients when you click on “Outlook” in the OneDrive for Business sharing settings

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business の共有設定で [Outlook] をクリックした際に宛先に名前が表示されるようにしてほしい。
    Show names of recipients when you click on “Outlook” in the OneDrive for Business sharing settings

■Description(内容):
    現在の動作として、OneDrive for Business の共有設定時に [Outlook] をクリックすると、Outlook on the Web 画面に遷移するが、そこに表示される宛先がユーザーの名前ではなく、メール アドレスの表示になりわかりにくい。
    名前が表示されるように動作を変更してほしい。

Currently, when you click on “Outlook” in the OneDrive for Business sharing settings, you are redirected to the Outlook on the Web screen, but instead of usernames only the mail addresses of recipient users are shown, which is hard to understand.
    Please change this so that users’ names are shown.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Pop-up notification function when sharing files on OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business でファイル共有をするときにポップアップで通知する機能について
    Pop-up notification function when sharing files on OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business でファイル共有する際に通知機能を使用しています。
    弊社は、社員が多いためメールの送受信の数も多く、重要なメールと切り分けるために不要なメールは減らしたいと考えております。
    ファイル共有の通知機能をオフにすることで、メールの数を減らすことは実現可能ですが、ファイル共有をしたときに相手側が気づかないことを危惧しており、共有先から返事がない場合に電話で確認するなど 2 度手間になってしまいます。
    共有した際にポップアップだけ表示する機能が追加されることで上記懸念を回避できるかと考えておりますので機能拡充を希望します。

We use notifications when sharing files on OneDrive for Business.
    There are many employees in the organization, so a lot of mails get sent around, and in order to allow the identification of important mails among them, we want to reduce the number of unnecessary mails being sent.
    If we turn notifications for file sharing off, then the number of mails will certainly be reduced, but there is then a risk that…

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Invitation mails sent when sharing files in OneDrive for Business

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive for Business のファイルを共有する際の招待メールについて
    Invitation mails sent when sharing files in OneDrive for Business

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive for Business のファイルを共有する際に送る招待メールに記載するコメントを中央揃えではなく、左揃えに設定する機能を希望します。

Please add a setting to left-align, rather than center, the comment text in invitation mails that are sent out when sharing files in OneDrive for Business.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. My wife and I each have a personal vault. We don't need one for each. We need one to share where we can keep all of our financial data.

In addition to our existing OneDrive files, one single family personal vault. This would allow my wife and I to more easily both have access to sensitive financial information.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Allow individual users to transfer ownership of a file and/or folder to another user.

Allow individual users to transfer ownership of a file and/or folder to another user.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Search result include the files other user shared with me again

Recently when I searching for some files and folder I remember someone shared with me, results only shows files in my own storage.
    So I starting to view through lots of folders and finally found it, but it took so long and just a waste of time.
    Hope the FULL search will back soon.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. OneDrive Outlook Sharing Default Subject Line

Allow for editing of the subject line when sending the link through OneDrive

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base