OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Update: Microsoft will be moving away from UserVoice sites on a product-by-product basis throughout the 2021 calendar year. We will leverage 1st party solutions for customer feedback. Learn more

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. Date modified on a folder should reflect the last date that any file/folder within it was modified

It is very confusing that the date modified for a folder in OneDrive is the date that the folder was created and not the date when things within it were modified. It also makes it look like folders haven't been used in years, when actually the files within are modified every day (but you would have to go into the subfolders to find that out).

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Copy / Move options enhanced in the browser

Please could we enhance the copy / move options in the browser in either or both of these ways.
    1 - as well as providing a Current Library option please can we add a Current Folder option. This would help when we have to navigate many folders deep and avoid lots of un-necessary clicking.
    2 - make the copy / move pane a tree view rather than showing only one level at a time - something more akin to the left hand pane in file explorer.
    Thanks,
    Paul

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. File Request For Personal Accounts.

Allow file request for personal accounts (kinda like dropbox)

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Default share must be "Specific people", not "Anyone with the link can edit".

For an organisation, defaulting to "Anyone with the link can edit" makes it easier to unintentionally, or unwisely, grant the wrong level of access to users, and introduces the possibility of it being re-shared with outside parties who should not have access. It is far better to default to the most secure option, "Specific people", or "People in the organisation" also being acceptable.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. I want to use shortcuts with OneDrive syncing

*English follows Japanese

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive 同期でショートカットを使用したい
    I want to use shortcuts with OneDrive syncing

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive 同期を行い、エクスプローラー (ファインダー) でショートカット (エイリアス) を作成した場合、作成したユーザー自身は利用することができます。
    しかし、ショートカット (エイリアス) を OneDrive フォルダー内に作成しても、他のユーザーがアクセスすることはできません。
    フォルダーの階層が深い場合、ファイルやフォルダーを探すことが工数なため、ファイルの移動ではなく、ショートカットを作成して共有する機能の実装を希望します。

If you create a shortcut (or alias) in Explorer (or Finder) after syncing, the user who created it can use it.
    However, even if the shortcut/alias is created in the OneDrive folder, other users cannot use it.
    If the file hierarchy is very deep, it takes a lot of work to find files and folders, so please make it possible to create and share shortcuts, rather than moving files.

13 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. I would like the ability to automatically share all pictures uploaded to pictures tab.

Currently, you have to select folders or files to share. My pics upload automatically from my phone, I want them all to be shared without having to go through and select them and then share them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Make sharing links more full-features on OneDrive

For example, texts in the Your Phone app with links.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. 1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Function to save sharing links locally set to “Anybody with the link”

■Title(件名):
    "リンクを知っているすべてのユーザー" で共有したリンクをローカル上に保存できる機能の拡充。
    Function to save sharing links locally set to “Anybody with the link”

■Description(内容):
    "リンクを知っているすべてのユーザー" で共有したリンクを、共有先のユーザーがローカル上にショートカットやブックマークとして保存しても、PC を再起動、シャットダウンしたのちだとサインインを求められて Microsoft アカウントがないとアクセスできない。
    そのため、Microsoft アカウントを持たないユーザーでもローカル上に保存したリンクに PC 再起動などしてもサインイン不要でアクセスできるようにする機能の拡充を希望します。

Even if you save sharing links set to “Anybody with the link” as a bookmark or as a local shortcut on the computer of the person it’s shared with, if the PC is rebooted or shut down, the link will prompt for a sign in and if you don’t have a Microsoft account, you can’t access it.
    Please make it so that you can access sharing links of this type saved locally…

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Onedrive shared folder have 1 bug that can LOCK the collaborative members account.

I use the onedrive for win10 to backup PC Desktop items (Z's computer). Its contain 250,000 number of files (pdf, xlxs, word and litter picture). total 110GB.

Z share it out to the specific email (B's email).

When B received Z's shared folder and click "Add shortcut to My files", this Desktop appear in B's onedrive. Now, B edit & access Z's desktop items in onedrive for win10.

After 2 days, B's Microsoft account locked by Microsoft. The reason is:" We've detected some acticity that violates our Microsoft Services Agreement and locked your account."

Now, Z shared the desktop to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Family Album with swipe organization

As a 365 subscriber, my family members all have OneDrive with lots of storage and all their photos automatically uploaded. Please automatically create a shared Family Album folder the we all can see (i.e. everyone I've shared my 365 subscription with and/or my Microsoft Family members).

Next, add a place in the OneDrive app/website to review photos (and videos) from my family. If I swipe right, it should be added to the Family Album (preferably in a subfolder for the current year (e.g. Family Album/2021).

Maybe even use some AI to group similar photos together so I can pick the…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. onedrive personal share with business

When adding a share for specific people in personal OneDrive, allow entry of a Microsoft account email address of an Office 365 business user. Right now it only seems to accept email addresses for a personal account. So, the business user would need to create an additional, separate personal Microsoft Account to allow a personal OneDrive share to them.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Share a view only folder that can be synced to external B2B relationships computers

For a customer of ours we want to share a folder (view only) to local pc's of their clients.

Our customer has a group over 1000 B2B related clients that always want to be up to date with the latest manuals of our customer's products. Also when there is no internet available.

With OneDrive it is possible to share folder through a link that the customer could give to his B2B relationships, but when this is a view only link, the customers clients can't add this folder to their own OneDrive to sync it to their local computer.

I did…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Allow use of OneDrive app in conjunction with iOS standard "File app" feature

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive アプリと iOS 標準機能の [ファイル アプリ] を連動して使えるようにして欲しい。
    Allow use of OneDrive app in conjunction with iOS standard "File app" feature

■Description(内容):
    ​OneDrive アプリ上のファイルを、iOS 標準機能の [ファイル アプリ] からアクセスし編集をしている。
    しかしながら、[ファイル アプリ] からアクセスすると読み取り専用扱いとなったり、編集した内容が OneDrive アプリ上に反映しない場合があることを確認しています。
    そのため、OneDrive アプリと iOS 標準機能の [ファイル アプリ] を連動し使えるようにして欲しい。

We access and edit files on OneDrive apps from the iOS standard "File app" feature.
    However, accessing this way, these files sometimes become read-only, or changes to them do not reflect on the OneDrive app.
    Please allow us to use OneDrive apps in conjunction with iOS standard "File app" feature.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Onedrive could support the shared modification of pdfs (even encrypted)

Onedrive currently does not support the direct modification of pdfs, in fact, when you want to modify or put a comment on a pdf you cannot do it live with other users thanks to the sharing mode but you must necessarily download the document, modify it and reload it.

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add a quick way to share as pdf

We often shared files as PDF instead of the original format. Right now we have to open, download, convert with god reader, then send. Would be great if one of the share options was to share as pd so that could be done in one clicn without having to open or download the file.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Share link among the same organization

I´d like to have an option to create a generic link that can only be shared in the same organization. We could have a similar feature to Google Drive where I have to approve when someone opens the link, and I get a notification. Right now, I have to know all potential links and this is quite annoying.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Have the possibility to "block the download" when sharing external video format (avi, mp4, mpeg ...)

In onedrive for business you can create a sharing link by blocking the download which is convenient for external shares. But this feature does not work on video formats (mp4, avi, mpeg ...). It will be really relevant to have this possibility as on other types of files.

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Changing OneDrive URLs

■Title(件名):
    OneDrive の URL 変更
    Changing OneDrive URLs

■Description(内容):
    OneDrive に保存したファイルを共有する際、URL に該当ユーザーの UPN が含まれています。
    UPN を共有したくない場合もあるので、OneDrive の URL を任意で設定できるようにしてほしい。

When sharing files saved on OneDrive, the URL contains the UPN of the user sharing it.
    There are cases where one does not want to share the UPN, so please add a way to freely set OneDrive URLs.

0 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. About links set to “People with existing access”

■Title(件名):
    "既存アクセス権を持つユーザー" リンクについて
    About links set to “People with existing access”

■Description(内容):
    "既存アクセス権を持つユーザー" にてリンクを送付した場合、コードによる認証をおこなっている外部ユーザーはサインインを求められアクセスができない。
    "既存アクセス権を持つユーザー" にてリンクを送付しても、リンクにアクセスするユーザーの認証方法に則ってアクセスができるように機能の拡充を希望します。

If you attach a link set to “People with existing access”, external users using code verification are asked to sign in and cannot access the item.
    Please make it possible to access links set to “People with existing access” regardless of the user verification method used.

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base