OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. More secure file sharing for OneDrive Personal

Today a shared folder or document ist just protected by the link to it. If someone captures the email containing the link, then he has access to all the shared files.
    To share more confidential files I would like to share with a specific microsoft account. Then the files are at least as secure as the microsoft account of the person i shared the files with.

Marketing consideration:
    Why to pay for office 365 home for 5 family members when I can't share the 1 TB of OneDrive space securely with them?

1,511 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    75 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Expiration date on files and folders

Sometimes you want to share some files or photos temporary with someone so that he/she can download. If you can select in the menu a date until when the folder is accessible the process is automated. I do not need to go back to the folder and remove the access rights manually. Also it makes sure that I do not forget to remove the access rights.

578 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Prevent shared files from being downloaded

I think it would be great if there was some setting to turn download's of a shared file or folder ON\OFF... what I mean is suppose I want to share a File\Folder with someone, I would only want them to be able to view\edit it online and not be able to download it onto their computer.. to take this idea further, it could also be helpful if you could prevent copying content from shared files... the download permission could probably be visible once a user decides to share a particular file with someone

2,855 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    278 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

OneDrive for Business users are now able to share a link to Office documents that blocks recipients from downloading copies but still allows them to view the document in Office Online.

Users can create links that block download by using the common Sharing experience that exists across Office 365. By going into Link Settings they’ll be able to toggle the “block download” option for view-only links.

We’ve completed rollout for “anyone” and “people in my organization” links, and are working on enabling it for the remaining link types. “Specific people” links are enabled on web endpoints and we’re working on native clients.

We are working on bringing this same capability to other file types.

4. Request that someone sends a file to me

I (and my users) often need to request large files from a contact outside my organization, but Office 365 and OneDrive do not provide this functionality in a simple way. Microsoft support tells me to “either create a shared Sharepoint site or ask the other party to upload files to their own OneDrive and share the file”. Both of these “solutions” require the other party to have a Microsoft ID and force me into the awkward position of being a Microsoft evangelist (as I tell them how to get a Microsoft ID, upload the file, and then share it with…

2,759 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    working on it  ·  147 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base