OneDrive

Feedback by UserVoice

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Welcome to the OneDrive UserVoice. This is your place to suggest the features you’d like to see us add to OneDrive. We have partnered with UserVoice, a third-party service and your use of the portal and your submission is subject to the UserVoice Terms of Service & Privacy Policy https://onedrive.uservoice.com/tos, including the license terms. Please do not send any novel or patentable ideas, copyrighted materials, samples or demos for which you do not want to grant a license to Microsoft.

For support or issues with your account please submit your issue directly within the product.

While we can’t guarantee any specific features or timelines, we will respond to every suggestion that gets at least 500 votes. Thanks for joining our community and helping improve OneDrive.

1. More secure file sharing for OneDrive Personal

Today a shared folder or document ist just protected by the link to it. If someone captures the email containing the link, then he has access to all the shared files.
    To share more confidential files I would like to share with a specific microsoft account. Then the files are at least as secure as the microsoft account of the person i shared the files with.

Marketing consideration:
    Why to pay for office 365 home for 5 family members when I can't share the 1 TB of OneDrive space securely with them?

1,519 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    76 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Expiration date on files and folders

Sometimes you want to share some files or photos temporary with someone so that he/she can download. If you can select in the menu a date until when the folder is accessible the process is automated. I do not need to go back to the folder and remove the access rights manually. Also it makes sure that I do not forget to remove the access rights.

587 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

OneDrive Sharing & Collaboration

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base